Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered black M3P mid July and was told August delivery and have since been told late August/September delivery. Was hoping for the August delivery as away last week and looking forward to driving it to Cornwall. No VIN yet though :(
Also ordered a M3P just over a week with an August ETA (UK). I got a text Tuesday confirming everything on my side was complete and waiting on a car to be assigned. Hoping it's more likely in August but we'll see.

Reactions: Kevg
Anyone elses SA just gone completely quiet? Ordered a few weeks ago and I've send two emails spaced a week apart and nothing. Don't really want to hound them, but I really would like to know if I am in for the September delivery that they originally estimated 😅 as I've not heard a peep out of Tesla since placing the order and confirming finance details.

Anyone elses SA just gone completely quiet? Ordered a few weeks ago and I've send two emails spaced a week apart and nothing. Don't really want to hound them, but I really would like to know if I am in for the September delivery that they originally estimated 😅 as I've not heard a peep out of Tesla since placing the order and confirming finance details.
Granted i've not e-mailed them in a week but mine usually responds the same day if I do need to ask anything.

Maybe try a live chat on the website and see if they respond...

Granted i've not e-mailed them in a week but mine usually responds the same day if I do need to ask anything.

Maybe try a live chat on the website and see if they respond...
😕

Cheers, I'll give them a go. Shame to hear that, as he seemed like a really chill dude. I get they are sales blokes at the end of the day and know how to sweet talk, but damn hahaha

Welcome to Tesla ownership! :D

You will not hear anything until a few weeks before delivery. This is normal. When I picked up my car in 2019, I received the call with the date for pickup and the car registration so I could get the insurance sorted in early September, and picked the car up on 19th September.

Tesla UK say they don't know what cars they are getting until they get off the ship at the UK port. Someone higher up must do but they don't share it with the rest, so you will never hear anything more. You can investigate the page source to find a VIN around a month before delivery, but that VIN is randomly assigned - it isn't necessarily your actual car. But some people find it useful because it can indicate what batch your car is in, and from that you can work out the exact motor and battery you'll be getting.

Welcome to Tesla ownership! :D

You will not hear anything until a few weeks before delivery. This is normal. When I picked up my car in 2019, I received the call with the date for pickup and the car registration so I could get the insurance sorted in early September, and picked the car up on 19th September.

Tesla UK say they don't know what cars they are getting until they get off the ship at the UK port. Someone higher up must do but they don't share it with the rest, so you will never hear anything more. You can investigate the page source to find a VIN around a month before delivery, but that VIN is randomly assigned - it isn't necessarily your actual car. But some people find it useful because it can indicate what batch your car is in, and from that you can work out the exact motor and battery you'll be getting.

Sweet, thanks! 😂

Yeah I have read that the communication perhaps isn't that great during 'the great silence' from ordering to delivery.

I was mainly trying to get some ballpark for the same reason you have given. I'd like to try and get my insurance sorted around the 19-23 day's-out-from-delivery mark so its the cheapest, but thats completely reliant on Tesla providing me with a reg and a delivery date. I've left a reminder to checkin if I haven't heard anything my mid August, as that will be over a month from ordering without hearing a peep hahah.

I was told at the time of ordering its most likely the 1st or 2nd week in September by the SA, and the September estimate still hasn't changed on the custom order page either, so here's hoping! Especially given it will be right at their Q3 push.

Also, random question, do I need more forum rep to put in a post footer and like posts?

Sweet, thanks! 😂

Yeah I have read that the communication perhaps isn't that great during 'the great silence' from ordering to delivery.

I was mainly trying to get some ballpark for the same reason you have given. I'd like to try and get my insurance sorted around the 19-23 day's-out-from-delivery mark so its the cheapest, but thats completely reliant on Tesla providing me with a reg and a delivery date. I've left a reminder to checkin if I haven't heard anything my mid August, as that will be over a month from ordering without hearing a peep hahah.

I was told at the time of ordering its most likely the 1st or 2nd week in September by the SA, and the September estimate still hasn't changed on the custom order page either, so here's hoping! Especially given it will be right at their Q3 push.

Also, random question, do I need more forum rep to put in a post footer and like posts?

It's been 2 years since I went through the process and some things may have changed - others may give more updated info than me - but I didn't get the car reg until around 1-2 weeks before delivery. I think it might have been 1 week. The reason is that they do not put the registration plates on until they are actually in the UK, and the gap between that and giving you the car is tiny - all they do is give them a bit of a wash to get rid of the shipping material.

The best thing to do is get a provisional quote for insurance, most insurance companies do that for new cars. Then you just give them the registration when you have it.

Reactions: moodel_tree
It's been 2 years since I went through the process and some things may have changed - others may give more updated info than me - but I didn't get the car reg until around 1-2 weeks before delivery. I think it might have been 1 week. The reason is that they do not put the registration plates on until they are actually in the UK, and the gap between that and giving you the car is tiny - all they do is give them a bit of a wash to get rid of the shipping material.

The best thing to do is get a provisional quote for insurance, most insurance companies do that for new cars. Then you just give them the registration when you have it.

Awesome thanks! I may have a prowl then nearer the time. Fair cop on the reg, that makes sense 😄

Just received text on phone to say that "a car has been allocated to your order". Nothing has change in account or on app yet. Could anyone give a loose time frame atm of delivery from this point. P.S. LR, MSM 19" Black interior picking up from Newcastle, ordered on 8th July.

Just received text on phone to say that "a car has been allocated to your order". Nothing has change in account or on app yet. Could anyone give a loose time frame atm of delivery from this point. P.S. LR, MSM 19" Black interior picking up from Newcastle, ordered on 8th July.
No experience of this as I’m waiting on my first car but from research i would guess around 4 weeks. Another 2 weeks or so until the ship docks in the UK and then a further 2 weeks from then for delivery.

Last edited:
Looks like you've got an identical spec to me for delivery at Manchester. I ordered 10 July so fingers crossed I'll hear something soon.

Just did chat and was told matching in August for September delivery but no other info.