Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow, yeah there's a ton of them that have appeared now. I find it interesting how there are cars listed that a number of us have configured for even though we haven't received our texts yet. There's only a portion of the cars that say that they're in transit too.
Looking through the source code it seems the VINs are 3200** so definitely newer builds than mine (which I reckon is on PAGNA, due in Southampton on the 15th Aug).

Reactions: sheresingh
So the same car appeared online for purchase that I’ve ordered so I asked a rep. To assign that car to my order as I still don’t have a VIN and he… refused? He claimed that these cars that just appeared are still in Shanghai and that mine is likely on the same boat and that I’ll have mine assigned sometime next week. Just feels unfair. I feel like everyone was nice and dandy right until I payed and then they all act like an ex that wants nothing to do with you :p

Pretty much this. Here is a link to MSE on their findings, but ideally the sooner the better. As with all insurance its all a load of bs as always as to finding the best deal, so anything to give them less money!

This is a quick and dirty chart from the article.

12494-Car-Insurance-Optimum-time-to-buy-v5%20(002).png.rendition.764.698.png
Is that still the case these days or have they become wise to this?

So the same car appeared online for purchase that I’ve ordered so I asked a rep. To assign that car to my order as I still don’t have a VIN and he… refused? He claimed that these cars that just appeared are still in Shanghai and that mine is likely on the same boat and that I’ll have mine assigned sometime next week. Just feels unfair. I feel like everyone was nice and dandy right until I payed and then they all act like an ex that wants nothing to do with you :p
Yeah I was told the same thing about getting assigned a car within the next week. Guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer to see if that is indeed true!

From what I've been told, can be as soon as a few weeks or right up against your delivery date, its quite subjective.

I was trying to get that out of my SA (I don't have a VIN or anything yet) so I could plan for insurance, to hit that ~20 day golden window. Although, I think I'm just gonna try and get a policy without a reg and give them the details at a later date, but I need to get my delivery date through first to sort that!
They'll give you a quote but I doubt they will give you a policy without a registration.

So this beauty appeared in the inventory 😍 exactly the spec I'd ordered, alongside 30+ other Model 3's of all kinds of spec combinations in the UK inventory:

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 16.54.41.png

Typically my SA is on holiday until Tuesday...

After asking chat to see if they can apply the VIN to my order, I was told the following:

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 16.53.56.png

I didn't want to push it as to remain polite, and not really knowing what online chat can do, so I'll just wait for now. I hope something comes along in the next few days... I'll be annoyed if not! 🙈

What is interesting though is that all my order docs have dissapeared from my account... I can only see very limited info about my order atm.

So this beauty appeared in the inventory 😍 exactly the spec I'd ordered, alongside 30+ other Model 3's of all kinds of spec combinations in the UK inventory:

View attachment 691969

After asking chat to see if they can apply the VIN to my order, I was told the following:

View attachment 691970

I didn't want to push it as to remain polite, and not really knowing what online chat can do, so I'll just wait for now. I hope something comes along in the next few days... I'll be annoyed if not! 🙈

What is interesting though is that all my order docs have dissapeared from my account... I can only see very limited info about my order atm.
Poor Luke! I was just chatting to him too, asking exactly the same thing. Same answer, if that helps. 😎

Poor Luke! I was just chatting to him too, asking exactly the same thing. Same answer, if that helps. 😎
Well Luke must if got fed up as he wasn’t as helpful with me and gave me a telephone number to call! They were actually helpful but have confused me. I got my RN in June but they said my lease company only gave the go ahead last week? Not sure how that is possible.

they said to expect vin in the next 7-10 days… 🙄

It’s called “the Tesla Way”
Not very nice IMHO

To be honest, Mercedes told me sod all for the 14 weeks I was waiting!
I had to wait 12 months from order to delivery for my C class when they were first available to order in UK but…. I did get (some) updates and progress reports.
I got SFA when I ordered my Tesla and that was a 3 week wait from order to delivery
The difference between the two order experiences was at extreme opposites.
Tesla do some things well, customer service is in my experience not one of the things they do at all well.

View attachment 691969

View attachment 691970

I ordered the same (great minds?) except larger wheels and FSD. I assume those are things that can be changed before delivery?