Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decoding a Tesla VIN
Understanding a Tesla VIN can be useful for a number of reasons.
  • Tesla use the sequential ID to identify the vehicle during service visits (12-17)
  • It identifies where the vehicle was manufactured (11)
  • It identifies a Model Year (10)
Code:
5YJmtrEpcyfnsssss

PositionMeaningCommon Values
5YJ
1-3
ManufacturerAlways 5YJ - Tesla
m
ModelR, S, X, 3, Y
t
Body TypeA = LHD Hatch; B = RHD Hatch; E = LHD Saloon; F = RHD Saloon
s
Restraint SystemTBA
b
Battery TypeAlways E - Electric
p
Power UnitTBA
c
Check DigitCalculated
y
Model Year2019=K; 2020=L; 2021=M
f
FactoryF = Fremont, USA; C = Shanghai, China
nsssss
12-17
Sequential IDModel specific sequential ID.
May start with a character for special versions, eg prototypes or F = Founder

Maintaining stuff like this is a thankless task and I don't know why you'd want to repeat it on the UK forum and not just point to one of the better resources? For example, the first 3 letters are LRW for China built cars. It won't be long before the M3 reaches 999999 and then we won't know what happens yet. I think the two biggest ones are below

Check your Tesla VIN to see what model it is likely to be

and

VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

Maybe a single page of useful links, updated rather than copied, updated and reposted every time you make an update would be more useful?

Hi all

Ordered a M3P 2021 in white yesterday and all went through smoothly online - it was a stock car (less than 50 miles) at Leeds but I opted to have it delivered to Manchester.

Financed through Tesla PCH.

Current status on my account is...

Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

I assume this will move on next week, just interested to know how quickly they turn these stock cars around especially if it needs to be moved to a different location

cheers
Adam

Maintaining stuff like this is a thankless task and I don't know why you'd want to repeat it on the UK forum and not just point to one of the better resources? For example, the first 3 letters are LRW for China built cars. It won't be long before the M3 reaches 999999 and then we won't know what happens yet. I think the two biggest ones are below

Check your Tesla VIN to see what model it is likely to be

and

VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

Maybe a single page of useful links, updated rather than copied, updated and reposted every time you make an update would be more useful?

The information for these initial few posts has been accumulated from a number of sources to hopefully provide a more concise point of reference to owners expecting to take delivery of their new or pre owned vehicles during 2021. The content has been chosen as a direct result of questions often asked by prospective or new Tesla owners and this information specifically targets UK 2021 orders and deliveries as the thread title suggests.

The information in these posts are not intended as a replacement for other potentially global and more comprehensive resources, but as a more accessible concise reference for prospective or new owners who may otherwise overlook basic information or search/ask for the information. It is up to individuals whether they wish to make use of the information, but I have been happy to (continue to) compile it should people find it useful.

As the information is compiled for this specific purpose, it only includes content pertinent to potential UK 2021 orders and deliveries. Your examples for future VIN behaviour, like other pertinent information in the posts, will be addressed if and when it becomes applicable to UK 2021 deliveries. Last time I heard, VIN rollover and Chinese manufactured cars were not currently applicable to UK vehicles. But not a huge maintenance task when they do, as will possibly be the case with Berlin factory and Model Y.

I derped and forgot to use my mate's referral code when I ordered. I emailed the uk sales address to see if it could be added retrospectively but haven't had a reply. So I rang them today and they said there was no way to do it other than cancelling the order and losing the £100 deposit.
*sad trombone*
Ring up and ask. It has worked for others.

I said that I'd called in the post you quoted :D

I'm not sure about it - but when you click on your friends link, then custom order for the car you want, you get a pop up window that says, you get 1000 free supercharger miles right?

Well at the bottom of that window it says "I have a model 3 reservation" - that appears to let you link them together?

I can't test it myself but looks like it should work.

• Informative
Reactions: browellm
Ordered a M3LR back on 7th December. However, I did speak with my local Tesla store chap who sorted out my test drive to ensure delivery wouldn’t be before February (as our current lease car goes back end of Jan). I let him know my RN, once I’d ordered, and he went into the order and ensured it wouldn’t be matched for delivery prior to Feb. All good, so far.

I'm not sure about it - but when you click on your friends link, then custom order for the car you want, you get a pop up window that says, you get 1000 free supercharger miles right?

Well at the bottom of that window it says "I have a model 3 reservation" - that appears to let you link them together?

I can't test it myself but looks like it should work.

Thank you. I've just tried that now. There's no on-screen indication (yet) that anything has happened to link them, but it's worth a shot!

Hi Guys,

The company i work for ordered me a M3SR+ back early December from a lease company. I got a conformation email on the 14th, but now its just a waiting game.
Does anyone know how long this normally takes?
Am i looking at February March time? or longer with lockdown?
Can I pick up from winchester service centre?

Thanks for your help guys.

Hi Guys,

The company i work for ordered me a M3SR+ back early December from a lease company. I got a conformation email on the 14th, but now its just a waiting game.
Does anyone know how long this normally takes?
Am i looking at February March time? or longer with lockdown?
Can I pick up from winchester service centre?

Thanks for your help guys.
You are at the mercy of the leasing company. I would ring the leasing company and ask for the Tesla RN (Reservation No).
That will at least confirm they have actually ordered your car (some leasing companies sit on orders in order to consolidate).
Armed with an RN you can ring or pop into Winchester and see what they say about delivery dates.
I'm a little surprised you didn't get offered delivery in Dec since there were a lot in inventory and Tesla would have really wanted to deliver before year end. (Makes me think the order hadn't been placed with Tesla)
The extent of any delays due to lockdown will be solely down to the leasing company - Tesla are delivering as normal either by collection from the dock at Southampton, other delivery centres or home delivery. Your leasing company will tell you your delivery method.

Hello, back at the end of November I ordered a M3LR midnight silver and white interior via a leasing scheme with my employer. The leasing company initially said that the order was placed 27/11/2020 however after much chasing by myself it transpired that Tesla only received the order 8/12/2020 at which point I was placed with an RN. I was told by Tesla on multiple occasions that before the end of the year I should expect to be matched however now into January I am yet to receive a match. The current inventory website no longer lists any M3LR...does anyone know if all the stock recently delivery to Southampton has been registered with the inventory or am I clutching at straws and should instead focus on a February-March delivery?

Hello, back at the end of November I ordered a M3LR midnight silver and white interior via a leasing scheme with my employer. The leasing company initially said that the order was placed 27/11/2020 however after much chasing by myself it transpired that Tesla only received the order 8/12/2020 at which point I was placed with an RN. I was told by Tesla on multiple occasions that before the end of the year I should expect to be matched however now into January I am yet to receive a match. The current inventory website no longer lists any M3LR...does anyone know if all the stock recently delivery to Southampton has been registered with the inventory or am I clutching at straws and should instead focus on a February-March delivery?
I would call Tesla to find out the situation, they should be able to give you an idea when you might expect delivery. I would expect them to say mid to late Feb.

Hi All,

I just got a text from Tesla confirming a delivery date of 18/01/2021 for an M3LR. I contacted the leasing company (it's through a work salary sacrifice scheme), they came back saying tesla confirmed to them it's a new 2021 model 3, ie interior and exterior trim updates, new heat pump, updated wheels, power lift boot, new console with inductive phone charging, sunvisor update, additional USB C ports.This surprised me (and the leasing company), I'd thought that the first batch of new M3s was due to arrive in the UK in March. Has anyone else seen earlier UK delivery dates?

Hi All,

I just got a text from Tesla confirming a delivery date of 18/01/2021 for an M3LR. I contacted the leasing company (it's through a work salary sacrifice scheme), they came back saying tesla confirmed to them it's a new 2021 model 3, ie interior and exterior trim updates, new heat pump, updated wheels, power lift boot, new console with inductive phone charging, sunvisor update, additional USB C ports.This surprised me (and the leasing company), I'd thought that the first batch of new M3s was due to arrive in the UK in March. Has anyone else seen earlier UK delivery dates?

Facelift / 2021 model M3's have been being delivered in the UK for several months now.

Hi All,

Looking at the inventory page, it seems more cars were delivered to the UK than sold in December:

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

There's a mix of brand new (less than 50 miles) and Demo cars available although only SR+ or Performance.

I'm sure it's just excess stock but do give it a thorough inspection in case it was a previous allocation that was rejected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately when I have called them this AM, they have simply stated that I will be contacted once a match is available.
In which case, a couple of days after the 1st ship of 2021 leaves Pier 80 in a week or two (watch for the 2021 Shipping Movements thread to appear) you should get matched and delivery will probably follow in mid to late February.

Hi All,

I took delivery of a 2021 updated Model 3 at the end of December. Has the new headlights too. I ordered it from inventory (was actually in transit from the US) in November.