Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait a sec, did you collect your car from Southampton today?

My car was supposed to be delivered to Brent Cross for collection today but apparently it's still in Southampton. I asked to go collect it myself today or tomorrow but customer service said I would have to wait until Monday for them to find out delivery/collection options.

But if you picked up today, I assume there were Tesla staff there to help with handover and register the car? This is frickin annoying right now. Maybe someone here can help better explain why I can't go get my car...🤬🤬🤬
When originally asked about collection there was an offer of dates and times. You got to pick one. I would guess that at this short notice all the times are already taken and the staff at Southampton are fully committed to existing booked collections.

Are you just going to tease us, or are you going to post the picture?
BE1C63DE-8850-414D-9F16-A366A91359A1.jpeg

That's just the useless NHS Fleet Update emails. Do you have your RN number? If so, contact Tesla directly and ask them, if the order is in then it will be November
Hi, I’ve had the RN number texted to me by Tesla, but no dates or information - do you recommend contacting them to get details? It’s set as delivery but I’d collect if it speeds things up.
Thanks for your help

Got a text today saying, “please ensure you have arranged insurance cover prior etc….”
still no email to sign my contract electronically and I collect next week Saturday?
how long before do delivery does it usually come through?
Mine come like 5 weeks ago :) and there is one more week :)
I collect on the 25th so my car is possibly on the same vessel. Or was :)
Yea mine too the app just finally shows the Vin :D

Not sure if anyone else selected the tow hitch extra but I saw a video that has helped avoid a nasty shock.

I ordered in July but the tow hitch meant delivery would be Nov. When I called to check in Aug, I was told September, but when I pointed out the tow hitch the advisor corrected his estimate to November. Despite all that, I then received an allocation text for September. Paranoid, I called back to get tow hitch confirmation - all good.

Anyway, long story but I'm still paranoid I'll turn up to find no tow hitch. First check will be back of the car. For anyone else in this position, I only just discovered the tow hitch is detachable and most likely will be stored in the boot, not attached to the car. Knowing this will avoid total heart failure when seeing the car later this week. I thought I'd share that in case anyone was in the same position.

Not sure if anyone else selected the tow hitch extra but I saw a video that has helped avoid a nasty shock.

I ordered in July but the tow hitch meant delivery would be Nov. When I called to check in Aug, I was told September, but when I pointed out the tow hitch the advisor corrected his estimate to November. Despite all that, I then received an allocation text for September. Paranoid, I called back to get tow hitch confirmation - all good.

Anyway, long story but I'm still paranoid I'll turn up to find no tow hitch. First check will be back of the car. For anyone else in this position, I only just discovered the tow hitch is detachable and most likely will be stored in the boot, not attached to the car. Knowing this will avoid total heart failure when seeing the car later this week. I thought I'd share that in case anyone was in the same position.

Obviously a good idea to check the car thoroughly before driving away with it, but don't get too suspicious about the delivery date changing from November back to September. A similar thing happened to me. I had a car allocated for September with white paint, I asked them to change to blue and they said "That will push it to November, then." A week later I got a new text and update on my Tesla Account to show a blue car allocated for delivery next week.

I think if you check the website and click 'View Design Details' it should show there, if not you'll have to view the page source and there should be several alphabetic codes under 'Options' - one of those will refer to the tow hook.