Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

mosraza

Aug 18, 2021
United Kingdom
Surely Tesla would only put cars up in the inventory with EAP/FSD added so they make more money from us? For them it's just a 'switch' they turn on, for us it's £4-6k haha!

teaston

May 5, 2021
Norwich
I agree with you! However, kids and white seats don’t mix 😅
There’s tons of videos about it on youtube, they‘re extremely hard wearing and easy to clean. And puke actually shows up worse on black seats than white!

I have a 4 year old and a dog, and I’m getting white seats.

moodel_tree

Jul 21, 2021
London, UK
That's rough. Which council are you in? Any exemptions for EVs?

Ealing. They have a discount for EV permit holders, making them dirt cheap (£20/yr) compared to what I used to pay in H&F (~£200/yr), but no exemptions.

Fired off an email, hoping to hear back with something. Although knowing a council, probably not.

I have no idea what I'm going to do.

StuBee

Aug 5, 2021
Edinburgh-ish, UK
ooooh just got my text with my estimated delivery time tomorrow. 🥳 Hopefully it doesn't arrive at the 16:50 time as that's no time to clean it!! My plan was to go through a few of the checklists and give it a quick detail which should allow me to properly check the paint when I'm claying it.

Dylberto73

Aug 20, 2021
Hull
ooooh just got my text with my estimated delivery time tomorrow. 🥳 Hopefully it doesn't arrive at the 16:50 time as that's no time to clean it!! My plan was to go through a few of the checklists and give it a quick detail which should allow me to properly check the paint when I'm claying it.
Just got mine too, between 09:53 and 13:53

keoghrichard

Aug 27, 2021
Warrington
Are you F*****G KIDDING ME.

Moved house over the weekend. New Council refuse to issue a parking permit as apparently we are in a low permit area.

In typical council fashion, I had no way of knowing that prior to moving in. As no matter what, they say to register for an account to check if you can get one. But, you have to have moved in to do that.

So like, what do you want me to do? SELL MY CAR?!

Councils are the most backwards 'organisations' (because what about them is organised) on this planet.
You can’t get a permit to park on your OWN street?! Fs!

Reactions: moodel_tree

mosraza

Aug 18, 2021
United Kingdom
Are the inventory cars the same price (even after adding the options) to Build Your Own?
Yep. No discounts.

I have seen some discounts on Tesla's website before, usually around this time of the quarter if they are trying to sell existing inventory. However, I don't think it's a problem anymore for Tesla to sell their cars and they already have large waiting lists so to speak and so there is no need to discount their vehicles.

Unless of course you go for an ex-demo model which has been test driven (and probably ragged about!) by other people...

teaston

May 5, 2021
Norwich
I got the text to schedule my collection, only option available was next Thursday, so next Thursday it is! 😆

Haven’t heard from my SA to have all the order swapped over from the other car yet though.

Lockey

Aug 15, 2021
Wiltshire
Picked my shiny blue M3 LR up this morning. There are 3 separate areas of paintwork damage (one of which looks like it's down to the base metal) which is a bit annoying but otherwise it's grand.

Reactions: moodel_tree

IAmNotARobot

M3LR: Tony Spark
Aug 23, 2021
Uk
So after a nerve wracking weekend, they've found my vehicle. Something to do with the sheer number of vehicles they're trying to move, mine slipped through the delivery schedule.

Unfortunately, they can't get it to Brent Cross until next week so I'm off to Southampton on Wednesday to pick it up!

VIN disappeared from app and account page due to previous collection appointment being cancelled. After booking new collection, VIN is showing again.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC