Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost every Auto maker is poor on communication, particularly in the initial few weeks once order is placed. Tesla is no different. Making cars take time as they all follow the Just In Time methodology which will need a reasonably filled order queue to keep the assembly line ticking. As the order enters the queue it is bound to be there for a period of time (initial wait) before it gets scheduled for production. This delay depends on the depth of the queue and right now all automaker's order queue is a lot deeper than it usually was. Tesla has a few things going well for them. The order matching process means that production is less dependent on the order queue. This translates to reduced waiting times. Many of us including me develop an OCDC once we place the order (would be an interesting area of research) and the silence during the initial wait period becomes frustrating. From the maker's POV, not sure what they could communicate other than saying something like "you are in the queue waiting for the next available agent ;-) " In addition to the Tesla M3LR order I also have an ID3 on order and I don't even want to start to explain how much more frustrating it is to get any information from VW or the dealership.

It will be a good measure to see how many of us return to this forum after taking delivery of the car particularly if there are no subsequent issues with the car itself. Hang tight the car will land and I am fascinated as why we (and I) are obsessed with more comms as that is not going to make the car arrive any sooner :). I have learnt a thing or two about the shipping world just by being on this forum.
I have said it before and I will say it again, it's like waiting for Santa. Only this time instead of asking my Mum "When will he be here?", I am asking the Tesla Motor Club forum. 🎅

I've asked for an update today (ordered M3 SR+ white paint, black interior) on 23rd August through leasing company. Have RN but nothing since. No further update on my order but she did say it was still due end november/early December.

Getting so impatient - not sure whether this forum is a help or not, especially when seeing others getting delivery dates!

Reactions: OddityError
Anyone with deliveries scheduled in November see a change on their account from drafting contract to payment today? Im using black horse to finance but the finance date on the final invoice is 5 days after my delivery slot hope thats nothing to worry about🤦🏻 Maybe Tesla lets me have it for free for the first 5 days 😂

Anyone with deliveries scheduled in November see a change on their account from drafting contract to payment today? Im using black horse to finance but the finance date on the final invoice is 5 days after my delivery slot hope thats nothing to worry about🤦🏻 Maybe Tesla lets me have it for free for the first 5 days 😂
Mine has been on payment since scheduling a delivery date.

Reactions: TheWelsh007
Order M3LR Black/Black on 7th Sep with estimated delivery by mid-nov.

This morning I had chat with Tesla and now they are quoting delivery in Dec :(. No.....
I have same spec as you (19" wheels), ordered 9th Sept - just spoke to CS, might be end of Nov.

I rang to ask if it was better to accept their trade-in offer now - to avoid car matching delay - CS confirmed it was probably a good idea but can always change my mind if I get a better trade-in price elsewhere.

Would anyone mind explaining how the quarterly ordering/delivery system works, please? What dates define which quarter you are in? Thanks!
Q3 was July/Aug/Sept. Q4 Oct/Nov/Dec. Depending on when and what spec you ordered in that quarter you may not get the car until the next quarter. For example I ordered on 14/08 and was originally scheduled for Sept delivery but only got allocation in October for Nov delivery. Some people ordered the same time as me but got their cars in Q3. From my understanding Tesla dont build to order but more in batches so you may be lucky if they have built enough of your spec you'll receive in the same quarter if not you'll be bumped to the next quarter. Hope that makes sense 🥴

Reactions: JaseW
Ordered confirmed for my M3LR in Blue with Aero Wheels on 30th September. Less than 3 weeks ago and the waiting is killing me. I have no updates as ordered through leasing but the Tesla CS still took my call in good spirits. He said I did well to last this long before calling, some people call every day :) No update other than probably December.

Reactions: skateboarder
I'm pretty sure the last batch of VINs were from Talia (if talia is the ship) and that was well on its way to Suez prior to any VINS being allocated. If any of the ships Mr M is tracking are correct we should probably see a bunch of VINs being issued late this week early next week I think. This is all just guess work on my behalf and from reading other threads. Some people are saying VINs are issued upon being loaded onto the ship but that is not what we have seen recently. I ordered 1st October White/black M3LR and have had nothing through yet.