Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure the last batch of VINs were from Talia (if talia is the ship) and that was well on its way to Suez prior to any VINS being allocated. If any of the ships Mr M is tracking are correct we should probably see a bunch of VINs being issued late this week early next week I think. This is all just guess work on my behalf and from reading other threads. Some people are saying VINs are issued upon being loaded onto the ship but that is not what we have seen recently. I ordered 1st October White/black M3LR and have had nothing through yet.
My M3LR is set for early Nov delivery so is likely on Talia. I found my VIN in source code about 6 days after Talia sailed. Even if it's not Talia it still must have been on it's way on another ship before the VIN was allocated.

Incidentally, I still don't see my VIN in my account even though I've known it for 10 days and collection has been scheduled since Friday. Bottom line is don't just wait for the text - make sure you check source code for it regularly.

My collection location has officially been changed from the NEC site (closing as we speak), to the new site in Leicester. It is not open yet, but will be at the national space centre (how apt! Haha).

Tesla CS also confirmed my order is still on track for the end of November, although still no vin. Ordered 14th sept.
I ordered around the same time as you and I’m still waiting on a VIN. I just asked them to change my delivery location to Leicester from the other Birmingham location as it’s much closer for me to get to. Thanks for the update on that change it’s helped me should I ever receive one of those mythic VINs

My M3LR is set for early Nov delivery so is likely on Talia. I found my VIN in source code about 6 days after Talia sailed. Even if it's not Talia it still must have been on it's way on another ship before the VIN was allocated.

Incidentally, I still don't see my VIN in my account even though I've known it for 10 days and collection has been scheduled since Friday. Bottom line is don't just wait for the text - make sure you check source code for it regularly.
Yes same here and another source has confirmed Talia carrying Teslas with eta Southampton 29th October. I had been wondering whether to just let wheels turn but I do think it helps to speak to CS . I hadn’t received confirmation of new delivery date carried over as earlier one cancelled by Tesla but after speaking to CS today I was booked in 2 days earlier and this one confirmed by text and email

I asked for an update on the live chat and was told car is on a ship and they are "just waiting for a collection date to be calculated"

So hopefully that means I may get the famous text sooner rather than later as I've had the vin for 10 days now
Where is this chat option on the Tesla page? Is it for UK? I have tried both logged in and logged out of the account but have not been ale to spot a chat feature.

I ordered a M3LR in red with 19" wheels on 4th Oct. Had a chat with Tesla CS guy who said my late November delivery will more than likely be early December. I'm also down for delivery from Birmingham NEC which I now hear is closing. I hope to move this to the new Leicester site as its much nearer for me.

Should Tesla say “well we didn’t make enough white ones but we have a surplus of black ones, would you like a free black upgrade?”
They never get to the situation where they have a surplus at the end of the quarter. Any that haven't been allocated to an order appear as inventory on the website and are normally sold within hours of them appearing.

Reactions: SR-Plus
Much like other's, I've sold my ID3 (in my case I rejected it, and the dealers took it back), my order status has changed from "prepare for delivery" to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". There's no indication of a delivery date, and the agent I spoke to was only quite vague about it still being this year.

What's the done thing in this situation? Pay up now (it'd be cash down payment), or wait for a delivery date before paying?

Much like other's, I've sold my ID3 (in my case I rejected it, and the dealers took it back), my order status has changed from "prepare for delivery" to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". There's no indication of a delivery date, and the agent I spoke to was only quite vague about it still being this year.

What's the done thing in this situation? Pay up now (it'd be cash down payment), or wait for a delivery date before paying?

Sorry. I should have added it changed to that after I spoke to the agent and asked them to remove my part-ex off my order.

Sorry. I should have added it changed to that after I spoke to the agent and asked them to remove my part-ex off my order.
If your status has changed to this, then according to Tesla's FAQs you should receive a final invoice containing the amount payable along with the VIN and an estimated delivery date which is can change. This should be available under the documents section. If you have this, I guess you should be paying the invoice.

I’ve just had an update from Tesla regarding an email I sent last week to my collection location about phone number on my account. They’ve confirmed all is correct and not to worry. I took the opportunity to ask about delivery estimates as last week I was told late November but to expect it to be December more than likely.

Anyway, they’ve just replied and said I’m on track for November but it’ll most likely be late November and I’ll hear from them a week or two beforehand.

I ordered a M3 SR+ (silver) on 3 October, like others the estimated delivery was November but I was told to expect in December. Have an offer of £18k on existing car, which expires on 4 December. Hope I get a firm delivery date before then, as I guess the valuation will change.

I saw the changed February delivery estimate earlier which the 3-month shift from February does not bode well, being realistic.

Reactions: OddityError