Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my M3LR 18th Feb (Company car via ALD) Tesla automated account set up came via email same day but car details hidden but they say everything else in the app works the same, a requirement of ALD apparently. RN confirmed 19th Feb and 23rd Feb after web chat Tesla confirmed VIN 170### and reg details, very helpful guy at Tesla, I can fault the service so far from them. 25th Feb had call from Tesla to confirm home delivery set for 19th March, I will get a call week before to confirm date and time. Delivery guy will drop car off and hand over key cards, A4 instructions will be in the car, once completed my checks I'm to contact Tesla and they will activate my app. All sound good and can't wait now....

Hi M3LR
Sort of same here 24th Feb Tesla automated account set up came with 1 March confirming the order. Haven’t got the Registration or VIN yet. Hope to get it this week if everything goes like yours. Not sure when will I get a call confirming the delivery may be a week after yours.

Sorry if this has been answered previously but why is the Tesla UK website saying you can still order (custom) a Model 3 LR for March delivery (estimated) when the ship has long since sailed from China? Do they bring a load of cars over that have not specifically been ordered?

Sorry if this has been answered previously but why is the Tesla UK website saying you can still order (custom) a Model 3 LR for March delivery (estimated) when the ship has long since sailed from China? Do they bring a load of cars over that have not specifically been ordered?
Just some more info for you here, I ordered long after the Glovis Century ship had left China and I picked mine up today. I guess that’s the benefit of having less options.

• Helpful
Reactions: justinhow
Got my delivery Wednesday 10th which seemed okay until I read all of today’s posts. Feeling impatient now.

From what I’ve read I’m wondering if I should phone to request a reg number or just let things take their course?

Enjoy your new cars!

You should get a text this Wednesday with your reg but if you can't wait, Tesla web chat will usually oblige if you have your RN to hand.

Are people who are waiting for their 3s not worried about the phantom braking issues?

It definitely is something that should be ironed out. In my eyes, it is more annoying rather than dangerous as the driver still needs to pay attention. The car would only decide to brake if it thinks there may be an issue ... the software might not be perfect but I'm sure it will get better. It is nothing a controlled touch on the power pedal can't override. Me personally, my biggest requirement for the system is to keep the distance to the car in front to eliminate the risk of running into someone and to keep the speed so I don't get tickets.

I actually had the very same thing in my 2014 Skoda Octavia (that was actually a great car for "it's time") ... had lane assist, full parking assist, and distance controlled cruise control. That car also phantom braked regularly, it could be that it detected a pedestrian, a vehicle that it thought was too far over in my lane, etc. It was particularly bad when there was a bend and it thought the car that was going round the bend in the other lane was actually right in front, threw the anchor right out it did :)

No, my Audi does the same thing.

Never had any phantom braking incidents in 2 year on my Porsche, so it must be possible to fix. It is the only thing that concerns me about collecting on Thursday as I used the cruise all the time on the Porsche..... saved me from being caught being heavy footed on the accelerator, it's all to easy to go over the limit with a powerful car.

Never had any phantom braking incidents in 2 year on my Porsche, so it must be possible to fix. It is the only thing that concerns me about collecting on Thursday as I used the cruise all the time on the Porsche..... saved me from being caught being heavy footed on the accelerator, it's all to easy to go over the limit with a powerful car.

In our 2020 M3 it would only really happen if it was a bright sunny day and I drove under a small foot bridge, I guess it just didn’t like the dark shadow on the road, lol! But generally no problems with autopilot, most of the time we just used the enhanced cruise control instead (prefer to steer the car ourselves) we do 20,000+ miles a year and really helps to take some of the tiredness out of long distance driving!

glad to hear everyone collecting their cars are happy with the build quality, picking up our 2021 M3 LR MSM tomorrow... CANT WAIT!

I drive 2020 Mercedes trucks at work and they phantom break ALL the time. Bit more disconcerting when your dragging 44 Tonne down the road so honestly if my model 3 anchors on from time to time, it won't phase me.

Oh and as for your doors EvWannabe id say they need adjusting.

Reactions: Terinante