Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll stick my neck out and say I like it. Breaks up the door a bit and gives the dash more of a wrapped around you look. Maybe just me though

Absolutely loving it too. I was referring to the shade of the wood trim. At 2:10 minute in the video, left door card was lighter than the dash, right door card was darker and discoloured. Can't put it all down on lighting (but I hope it's just that)

Absolutely loving it too. I was referring to the shade of the wood trim. At 2:10 minute in the video, left door card was lighter than the dash, right door card was darker and discoloured. Can't put it all down on lighting (but I hope it's just that)
Ah I see now. Hopefully it is the light. Surprised he didn’t comment if there was a colour difference. Might have to get some Ronseal on it lol

• Funny
Reactions: The Slee
Hi M3LR
Sort of same here 24th Feb Tesla automated account set up came with 1 March confirming the order. Haven’t got the Registration or VIN yet. Hope to get it this week if everything goes like yours. Not sure when will I get a call confirming the delivery may be a week after yours.

Progress so far:
Thu 24 Feb placed order (Ltd company)
Fri 25 Feb applied for financing (PCP with Black Horse)
Mon 1 Mar finance approved, driving license and proof of address scans uploaded
Tue 2 Mar adviser said that I got VIN assigned, but it's not showing up on the account yet (even with "View Source" hack trick:)

I guess I can't pay for my insurance quote with just the VIN (that's more Americany), in UK we'd need regplate..?

He would have commented if it had been a colour variation. The fact they didn't mention it despite going over the car so meticulously has me believing it is just lighting and camera issues.

Hi M3LR
Sort of same here 24th Feb Tesla automated account set up came with 1 March confirming the order. Haven’t got the Registration or VIN yet. Hope to get it this week if everything goes like yours. Not sure when will I get a call confirming the delivery may be a week after yours.
They seem to be very well organised given the volume of cars they are getting through and without the dealership network that other manufactures have in place, hope order and delivery goes smoothly, I had text last night from Tesla confirming my delivery date.

Progress so far:
Tue 2 Mar adviser said that I got VIN assigned, but it's not showing up on the account yet (even with "View Source" hack trick:)

I guess I can't pay for my insurance quote with just the VIN (that's more Americany), in UK we'd need regplate..?

I managed to arrange my insurance with just VIN, then gave them reg when I got it.
Had to do it all via phone, but was easy enough with Churchill I found.

• Helpful
He would have commented if it had been a colour variation. The fact they didn't mention it despite going over the car so meticulously has me believing it is just lighting and camera issues.

His very own remark in the comments section (in reply to Durzel) is what got me worried: "Not my favourite and yes different shades, not really aligned. I don’t see the point." That or he's really pushing his alcantara-swap service:)

Out of interest, did you spot any cars that weren't M (for Manchester) registration plates? Mine was ordered via a company that is Midlands based so I've been allocated one starting BV.

However they are delivering it to me, about a mile away from Victoria Warehouse, and I'm tempted to go down tomorrow and see it.

I’ve got a BV reg too. Ordered via company car scheme and got a delivery to home on Saturday 13th March 9-5pm. Exciting times eh!

Reactions: Dayjur
When I needed to get the insurance I just phoned them (as I knew the vehicle was already assigned) and they texted me both the VIN and registration.

Picking up on 12th at Thorpe btw. They called to confirm on Monday.

Progress so far:

• Helpful
Progress so far:

I did it the exact same way, the Reg will be on one of your invoices. I had it about 2 weeks ago and I pick up next Wednesday

Yeah at one point it looked like a TOTALLY different shade but then a bit later on it looked the same, so as you say, hopefully just the light.

Wish the grain went the same way though, that will annoy me no end...
Agreed. Picked mine up today and it's absolutely perfect .....except for the direction of the fake wood grain! Surely it should be aligned to the door rather than the dash.