Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure how reliable the guy on the phone was - as they were checking and said there was time on saturday, then suddenly there wasn’t (will try again tomorrow just in case) - seems park royal has a few cars going there becuase there are too many at thorpe park (overflow)?

can you pay a downpayment in installments? My mobile app has a £5k limit on payments for new payees so I’d need to do the deposit over two days. I guess I can just email them two screenshots or it’ll update in the account section anyway?

can you pay a downpayment in installments? My mobile app has a £5k limit on payments for new payees so I’d need to do the deposit over two days. I guess I can just email them two screenshots or it’ll update in the account section anyway?
We paid in full and had to carry out 4 transfers due to daily limits. No issues, at all. The transfers automatically showed up on the order page after 1-2 days. Once it was all done, I emailed Tesla with the required screenshots as confirmation.

I've ordered an inventory stock model 3, but I'm kind of unsure what it will be - the picture showed black door handles and as its SR+ it has 278 miles range instead of 268 - does this mean it'll be a newer one with heatpump/power boot? Thanks

should be a China built 2021 with yes heat pump, powered boot and black trim

2021 Fremont cars are 267 WLTP

Well.......M3LR delivered on a low loader today 😎........just as it started raining ☹️

not had a good look at the paintwork, but nothing obvious and gals etc seem fine, only 7 miles on the clock, but only 32% charge, so a quick jaunt along to Newbridge for a quick top up to 80% before the car was (delivered)

as an aside, for those getting their cars delivered, the process in terms of the app, doesn’t start until you send the signed doc back by email, so plenty of time for a top up if you are near a SC

Well.......M3LR delivered on a low loader today 😎........just as it started raining ☹️

not had a good look at the paintwork, but nothing obvious and gals etc seem fine, only 7 miles on the clock, but only 32% charge, so a quick jaunt along to Newbridge for a quick top up to 80% before the car was (delivered)

as an aside, for those getting their cars delivered, the process in terms of the app, doesn’t start until you send the signed doc back by email, so plenty of time for a top up if you are near a SC
Have a feeling I’ll be doing exactly the same thing on Monday. It’s a handy spot there. See you around!

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN
still faffing about with CS to get my price adjustment sorted. Twice now I’ve had confirmation its all done, for me to point out its the wrong price adjustment. I think because it was an inventory car slightly discounted originally, it shows that small price adjustment so they think its sorted - but it should have a £2,500 adjustment based on their ‘delivery by end March for inventory cars’ offer. Hoping they sort it today, have paid off the deposit so thats all ready to go my side

Hello all - new user here.

Managed to get myself the current £2.5k Tesla offer for taking delivery before end of March along with the PICG (had already ordered) so taking delivery in Leeds on 30/03/21.

Excited much!

Been lurking around here for a while but looking forward to contributing.

I'm picking up my SR+ on Wednesday from Chertsey. I know it's the new Chinese-made one but no-one seems to be able to confirm if it will have heated steering wheel. Any other new SR+ owners who can confirm?

Also, I'm looking for a charging solution for my home and as I don't qualify for the grant I'm looking at getting the Tesla unit and getting a local electrician to fit (£250). Does anyone know the delivery time if I order from the website (I can't see any delivery dates) or can I just buy one when I pick up the car?

Getting excited now!!!

I'm looking at getting the Tesla unit and getting a local electrician to fit (£250)

If being fitted for out door charging, then it is unlikely to be a compliant/legal installation at £250. The Tesla Wall Connector requires a Type-B RCD (not to be confused with a Type B MCB or RBCO) which in their own right are in excess of £100 and may (depending on current earth arrangement at the location) also need some form of O-PEN protection which can either be done via earth rods or additional hardware, the latter again starting in the region of £100.

So I would double check that your electrician realises the extra hardware protection needed for the Tesla unit. Its not just a matter of wiring it into an existing consumer unit circuit.

If the unit is being installed such that the car cannot be charged outside, then the requirements are a little more relaxed, but not hugely.

Lots of info about it on this forum.

I'm picking up my SR+ on Wednesday from Chertsey. I know it's the new Chinese-made one but no-one seems to be able to confirm if it will have heated steering wheel. Any other new SR+ owners who can confirm?
Also, I'm looking for a charging solution for my home and as I don't qualify for the grant I'm looking at getting the Tesla unit and getting a local electrician to fit (£250). Does anyone know the delivery time if I order from the website (I can't see any delivery dates) or can I just buy one when I pick up the car?

Getting excited now!!!
The SR won’t come with the heated steering wheel I’m afraid. It actually has the same wheel part number as the heated one and may be an option Tesla will enable at a later date if the wiring is there.

If being fitted for out door charging, then it is unlikely to be a compliant/legal installation at £250. The Tesla Wall Connector requires a Type-B RCD (not to be confused with a Type B MCB or RBCO) which in their own right are in excess of £100 and may (depending on current earth arrangement at the location) also need some form of O-PEN protection which can either be done via earth rods or additional hardware, the latter again starting in the region of £100.

So I would double check that your electrician realises the extra hardware protection needed for the Tesla unit. Its not just a matter of wiring it into an existing consumer unit circuit.

If the unit is being installed such that the car cannot be charged outside, then the requirements are a little more relaxed, but not hugely.

Lots of info about it on this forum.
Thanks for the info. Very useful. I'll get a quote from a couple of the electricians recommended by Tesla as well. Are non-tesla chargers easier to install?

The SR won’t come with the heated steering wheel I’m afraid. It actually has the same wheel part number as the heated one and may be an option Tesla will enable at a later date if the wiring is there.
That's a shame, but never had a heated steering wheel - so wont miss it :)

Reactions: Tigermad
Picked up my Model 3 LR in Blue/Black interior yesterday from Manchester - great setup inside the nightclub/hotel although a bit dark, but no issues in taking it outside to do a proper check. Friendly, helpful staff too.

I only found a few light scratches, and glue patches which were buffed out/removed there and then - other than that, its bloody amazing! I can't believe I didn't swap earlier! Only about 30 miles on the clock and 65% charge.