Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I absolutely cannot shift my delivery date from the 13th (Monday) to the 10th (Friday). Apparently my car doesn't arrive into the Country until Friday 10th 🤣

Pretty quick turn around tbf to Tesla Ireland
So excited to pick up next Wednesday…train ticket ready!
Not got insurance documents yet though…
Question;
Should I get the car detailed as soon as I get the car or just do autoglym ceramic spray first to protect over winter then get it proper sorted later?
Do they move cars to the tent just before collection so you can check the car without being soaked or get windfreeze?
Eitherway, your car is coming with swirls, so you’ll need paint corrected. So doesn’t really matter if you do the paint correction now or January.

Mine is being done in jan, approx 4 weeks after I pick the car up.

My advice would be not to apply any ceramic spray, even the spray kind, all you’ll be doing is sealing in the shitty paint and making it even more difficult for your detailer to correct it.

Leave it, enjoy it, sort it after Christmas. Wash it yourself, if you put the car into one of these shitty car washes for £5 you’ll have bigger problems, plus I’ll have you banned for life on this forum.

Give it a small clean mid December, and put your feet up until Jan.

And of awesome use it was - thanks. Made taking delivery that much longer but time very well invested. Couple of scratches booked in for repair as a result
Yes, I also used the app from @khew1988 this morning. Nice bit of kit.
Thanks for the feedback chaps, glad it was of good use to you both!

I will be looking at it again over the coming days just to make sure nothing else has been missed from the list (like the sills were)

Received my ALD contract today after ordering last week via vanarama and a reg plate has been provided with a registration date of 24 Dec. I found this odd - can a reg plate be banked bedore registration? Assume car can only be delivered after this date? Delivery data refers to 4th Jan?? Also it is an East Anglia plate and I live in Northamptonshire?? Car will be delivered F.O.C.

Received my ALD contract today after ordering last week via vanarama and a reg plate has been provided with a registration date of 24 Dec. I found this odd - can a reg plate be banked bedore registration? Assume car can only be delivered after this date? Delivery data refers to 4th Jan?? Also it is an East Anglia plate and I live in Northamptonshire?? Car will be delivered F.O.C.
Car manufacturers and dealerships generally get allocated batches of registrations rather than individual ones due to the throughput.

They will have just tied your vehicle to one ready to assign when the time comes - probably in a spreadsheet 😃

I wouldn’t worry about the plate being an east anglia one, it just denotes where the car will be registered, and thus highly likely where it will be delivered from.

Car manufacturers and dealerships generally get allocated batches of registrations rather than individual ones due to the throughput.

They will have just tied your vehicle to one ready to assign when the time comes - probably in a spreadsheet 😃

I wouldn’t worry about the plate being an east anglia one, it just denotes where the car will be registered, and thus highly likely where it will be delivered from.
Ah makes sense. Actually the contract talks about a delivery date of the 7th Dec which is before the registration date??? Oh i dont care re reg plate - just interested it was not registered or delivered from Leicester or London. Assume a VIN is probably available now? Never received a RN number. Still not long to wait.

Collected my M3LR yesterday in southampton.
No obvious issue as of now.
Took little while to calibrate camera to enable autopilot
As soon as I enabled home WiFi, it updated the software and I can see 1 year premium connectivity.
I used Tesla account for Spotify, it worked well. It does give option to use your own account as well, I will try today if that helps to bring my playlist but still use premium connectivity for it.
It came with 150miles charge. I drove around 80 miles and then charged at home.

I charged till 85% and not car show 285 miles. This is low as per my calculation, should I charge 100%? I read it is recommended not to charge 100%.

Here is the pic I took for other Teslas in southampton

Attachments

• 8D212B9D-C7A4-4319-B151-500E85F9C205.jpeg
    8D212B9D-C7A4-4319-B151-500E85F9C205.jpeg
    646.5 KB · Views: 58
As soon as I enabled home WiFi, it updated the software and I can see 1 year premium connectivity.
I used Tesla account for Spotify, it worked well. It does give option to use your own account as well, I will try today if that helps to bring my playlist but still use premium connectivity for it.

I charged till 85% and not car show 285 miles. This is low as per my calculation, should I charge 100%? I read it is recommended not to charge 100%.

My assigned reg is a near match for one in your picture… first 6 digits match and only 1 char difference on the 7th. I am sure my car must be in Southampton and likely nearby.

That is about correct, works out to 335 miles on full. That may creep up a little bit over time. I wouldn’t charge up to 100% unless you are going to drive it within a couple of hours and use at least 20% of its charge.

The range the car displays is based on US EPA ratings, it will never show the 360 mile WLTP figure. This is a good thing as it is more realistic, although still optimistic.

My 55 kwhr battery gets 263 miles at 100% so shouldn't you be getting 263 × 60/55 = 287 miles for 60 kwhr battery? Maybe they taken back 2.5 kwhr of the buffer, that was given recently, as that would make 276 miles? Anyone got Scan My Tesla?

It has a larger buffer (2.8 Vs 2.5) but its range constant (wh/m) is set higher than the 55, maybe due to the extra weight (different battery than 55) or maybe Tesla is letting the data settle before "unlocking" (recalculating a lower wh/m) more range.

The 55 got multiple battery/efficiency updates from its December 20 release.

• Helpful
Reactions: Simonix

Congrats, I’m collecting mine on Tuesday from Southampton and can’t wait. Out of interest, how much charge was in the car at pickup?

So excited to pick up next Wednesday…train ticket ready!
Not got insurance documents yet though…
Question;
Should I get the car detailed as soon as I get the car or just do autoglym ceramic spray first to protect over winter then get it proper sorted later?
Do they move cars to the tent just before collection so you can check the car without being soaked or get windfreeze?
I’ve booked mine in for a ceramic detail and PPF on the entire front end and side skirts/lower panels. I’ve suffered from a lot of stone chips on my current car (Mercedes) and it frustrated me seeing the damage every time I cleaned it. (Note: it was ceramic coated)

Just be mindful that ceramic coating won’t entirely protect the paint, and stone chips and damage will still penetrate the paint, so you’ll need PPF.

I booked mu M3 in at the earliest opportunity (within 2 weeks of collection) as my detailer said that he had to refuse putting PPF on a M3 that was just 2 months old due to the stone chips etc, and the bumper would need repairing/respray beforehand.

Ceramic coating is great, coupled with a machine polish the paint looks fantastic, but it’s not as durable as PPF.

Hope that helps based on my experience.