Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve booked mine in for a ceramic detail and PPF on the entire front end and side skirts/lower panels. I’ve suffered from a lot of stone chips on my current car (Mercedes) and it frustrated me seeing the damage every time I cleaned it. (Note: it was ceramic coated)

Just be mindful that ceramic coating won’t entirely protect the paint, and stone chips and damage will still penetrate the paint, so you’ll need PPF.

I booked mu M3 in at the earliest opportunity (within 2 weeks of collection) as my detailer said that he had to refuse putting PPF on a M3 that was just 2 months old due to the stone chips etc, and the bumper would need repairing/respray beforehand.

Ceramic coating is great, coupled with a machine polish the paint looks fantastic, but it’s not as durable as PPF.

Hope that helps based on my experience.
I agree however it’s cheaper to get ceramic coating now and just respray it in 3 years time before I sell it.

I think ppf should only be used if you own the car outright and the car is staying with you for many many years to come.

Then again, depends how much your quote is. Ceramic coating in the south is £500, ppf on front end is £1,200.

I agree however it’s cheaper to get ceramic coating now and just respray it in 3 years time before I sell it.

I think ppf should only be used if you own the car outright and the car is staying with you for many many years to come.

Then again, depends how much your quote is. Ceramic coating in the south is £500, ppf on front end is £1,200

Then again, depends how much your quote is. Ceramic coating in the south is £500, ppf on front end is £1,200.
I’m in the south but mine is a little cheaper for both, probably because we are returning customers after many cars and years, so I chose to do it, plus it means that I won’t be hit with a bigger bill if I choose to give it back at the end of the term and not pay for a respray (think it will be a similar cost to the PPF and coating for me).

Best thing to do is see what an amount of percentage takes in kWs, e.g. when your car hits 50% see how many kW it takes to get to 60%, assuming that it will lose about 5% of the charge input due to latency if you see around 5.8kW used it will be safe to say it is probably 60kWh (guessing the usable capacity is about 53-55) On the subject of usable range if you see anything above 5kW for 10% I would say you can definitely confirm it is the new battery as the old one only had around 48-49kWh usable capacity
I am sure it's 55kw as 100% charge States 275miles.

• Disagree
Reactions: MrT3
The cars onscreen states EPA range, not WLTP.

Therefore my full charge at 273ish, matches the US website range of the new 2022 RWD model 3.

3C4488E7-F0A0-46B6-931D-3266B2452986.png

Reactions: Bandito
Hi all

Picked up my SR+ last night from the Trafford Centre, Manchester. A few comments here that may help those collecting in near future:

- I turned up 1 hour early and no issues - was looked after and the service was excellent
- The car had 35% charge, though depleted quite quickly presumably due to the cold weather!
- Stopped off at a super charger on the way home and no issues
- Discovered a pair of mud flaps in the boot which was an added bonus, car mats also in place
- No heated steering wheel or rear seats despite performing the software update once home
- Learn from my moment of fear - avoid using the frunk in windy conditions, like those we’re experiencing in Leeds at the moment. The frunk flew up when i opened it and for a moment i thought it was coming through the windscreen! :-O
- Car was generally in great condition. Paint job looks a little amateur-hour, but from what I’ve read that seems to be a common theme

Picture attached anyway. Hope you all enjoy the cars!

Attachments

• 356FBBC2-9D37-4D27-8AC3-9B1662A0B248.jpeg
    356FBBC2-9D37-4D27-8AC3-9B1662A0B248.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 51
Hi all

Picked up my SR+ last night from the Trafford Centre, Manchester. A few comments here that may help those collecting in near future:

- I turned up 1 hour early and no issues - was looked after and the service was excellent
- The car had 35% charge, though depleted quite quickly presumably due to the cold weather!
- Stopped off at a super charger on the way home and no issues
- Discovered a pair of mud flaps in the boot which was an added bonus, car mats also in place
- No heated steering wheel or rear seats despite performing the software update once home
- Learn from my moment of fear - avoid using the frunk in windy conditions, like those we’re experiencing in Leeds at the moment. The frunk flew up when i opened it and for a moment i thought it was coming through the windscreen! :-O
- Car was generally in great condition. Paint job looks a little amateur-hour, but from what I’ve read that seems to be a common theme

Picture attached anyway. Hope you all enjoy the cars!
Looks very nice. Which SuC did you stop at and I assume it charged ok (some say the first charge is free if the app/car hasn’t been activated)..?

Does the bonnet not have a safety catch to stop it flying up once it’s been opened..? Seems a safety issue if it happened while driving.

Looks very nice. Which SuC did you stop at and I assume it charged ok (some say the first charge is free if the app/car hasn’t been activated)..?

Does the bonnet not have a safety catch to stop it flying up once it’s been opened..? Seems a safety issue if it happened while driving.
Thanks!

I stopped off at the one Hartshead near Brighouse. From memory there were 7 chargers of which 3 were in use when i arrived. Yeah the charge worked nicely, there is no configuration etc. required, it’s all ready to go immediately after collection. I used a friends referral code when purchasing, so i had 1,000 free SC miles to play with. I logged in to my account earlier and the 80ish miles i pumped in have been deducted from the 1,000, so not sure on the free rumour I’m afraid mate.

For the avoidance of doubt, the frunk issue happened when stationary. I was in a car park this morning and used voice command to open it. There’s no safety catch like a traditional bonnet, it opens to max position. Usually this is a slow and deliberate process, but the wind grabbed it and it shot up really quickly, which is what caused the panic!