Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've bought so many accessories for this car ffs

Picked up all the usuals, cup holders, cubby trays etc. Along with a proper carbon fibre rear spoiler, black Tesla logos, new caps for the aero wheels and a booking for window tints the week I collect the car :oops:😂

Enquired about PPF for just the front of the car but **** me, with that price I'll take the odd rock chip thanks

I would really like the next 13 days to pass swiftly so I can stop spending money
Jesus I thought I was the best boy in class getting a screen protector. I think I will be getting all of that eventually but I am allergic to carbon fibre (personal choice I know). Anything you would recommend based on what you have so far?

• Funny
Reactions: Buzzliteyear
Hi guys, good morning. I have a query if someone could shed some light.
My home delivery is on the 7th Dec (a week today), however, my driveway is being completely relayed on the 6th. This is a shot in the dark, but has anyone enquired whether an earlier delivery is at all possible? (I'm leasing).
I'm not that fussed if not, but it'd just make the delivery process smoother for them.
I’ve enquired about earlier appointments but there aren’t any apparently. I imagine it’s different for different areas. Im 30 minutes from Southampton.

My original date was 3rd December, then it got moved to the 7th December, then to the 1st of December and now it’s the 7th December. I spoke to Someone on the online chat yesterday and they said ship is due in on the 6th, but it doesn’t look like there’s any ships due in Southampton on the 6th so who knows? Haha.

Mine is delivery too.

Jesus I thought I was the best boy in class getting a screen protector. I think I will be getting all of that eventually but I am allergic to carbon fibre (personal choice I know). Anything you would recommend based on what you have so far?
To be honest I'd normally be with you on the carbon fibre but all the black ones are seemingly cheapo versions and a member of the forum has the exact one I bought and it looked great on his car so I just went for it. I've been in and out of regret since due to the cost of it mind!

I honestly don't get the whole thing around screen protector for the car. The ones I've seen (spigen) really dull the look and I cant for the life of me ever see a scenario where you crack a screen in the car 😂 I full understand that I've now jinxed myself.

Regards accessories I think the majority are personal preference but the cup holders are an absolute must. Unless you get your drinks from the cinema only and order a large she wont be fitting!

I’ve enquired about earlier appointments but there aren’t any apparently. I imagine it’s different for different areas. Im 30 minutes from Southampton.

My original date was 3rd December, then it got moved to the 7th December, then to the 1st of December and now it’s the 7th December. I spoke to Someone on the online chat yesterday and they said ship is due in on the 6th, but it doesn’t look like there’s any ships due in Southampton on the 6th so who knows? Haha.

Mine is delivery too.
I tried calling but now it's giving me an automated message explaining I'll hear from them closer to the delivery date and then they hang up -

To be honest I'd normally be with you on the carbon fibre but all the black ones are seemingly cheapo versions and a member of the forum has the exact one I bought and it looked great on his car so I just went for it. I've been in and out of regret since due to the cost of it mind!

I honestly don't get the whole thing around screen protector for the car. The ones I've seen (spigen) really dull the look and I cant for the life of me ever see a scenario where you crack a screen in the car 😂 I full understand that I've now jinxed myself.

Regards accessories I think the majority are personal preference but the cup holders are an absolute must. Unless you get your drinks from the cinema only and order a large she wont be fitting!
Lads we’re keeping Bezos in business!

I’ve gotten a screen protector (for scratches, won’t do much if something hits it hard enough to break the screen it’s broken either way!).
Run flat slime and pump kit as naturally no spare tire in our very expensive cars.
3m double sided tape to do the licence plate really clean looking - someone put a video in here weeks ago.
Centre console organiser.
Book hook thing.

Must look into the drinks holder thing, I didn’t know about that issue 😅

Lads we’re keeping Bezos in business!

I’ve gotten a screen protector (for scratches, won’t do much if something hits it hard enough to break the screen it’s broken either way!).
Run flat slime and pump kit as naturally no spare tire in our very expensive cars.
3m double sided tape to do the licence plate really clean looking - someone put a video in here weeks ago.
Centre console organiser.
Book hook thing.

Must look into the drinks holder thing, I didn’t know about that issue 😅
Probably add the jack pads to the list! The licence plate is a good shout, might do this myself - let me know how basic it is 😂

Oh my days, got a terrible call from Luke today...M3 pickup tomorrow 1 Dec has been cancelled until 15 Dec...this was booked 18 Nov so not sure why it took so long for them to decide to change it...wow, the day before pickup 😟

Luke called Monday saying everything was fine and get ready for an exciting pickup day of my brand new M3 LR...so, sorted out car insurance, me and the misses booked the day off and train tickets to staines sorted via trainpal...

Then, at 9.56am today it all came crashing down with a call from Tesla Luke...thought he was only giving me another courtesy call and answered the call with a spring in my step...

I was told there was a logistics issue transporting the vehicle to the Thorpe Park site...I explained to him I thought it was already there as they have quite a few cars parked in a main car park, then they have the sheltered delivery area for cars on that delivery day, also I'd been given my registration number on the 21st of November so couldn't see why there was a problem especially considering Southampton is not too far from Thorpe Park...also, even more puzzling, he even told me Monday that it had enough battery range of over 100 miles as it had been checked...

I can see there have been cancellations on thread with a week or so notice, but has anyone else received the date change call the day before their delivery day and what could have really been the problem as Luke said my car was supposed to be delivered to Thorpe Park on that same day which doesn't seem very efficient...

Probably add the jack pads to the list! The licence plate is a good shout, might do this myself - let me know how basic it is 😂
On the licence plate, there is a very helpful thread on the various approaches so I would check that out first.

My compromise was to re-use the metal number plates the car comes with, but to remove the outer part of the plastic mount and stick the plates directly onto the plastic mount behind the plate. This worked perfectly with the rear plate as its nice and flat but for the front one I ended up adding two screws with caps because the ends were under too much tension because of the sideways curve. (Easiest way to locate the place to drill the number plate was to remove the back mount from the car and temporarily clamp it to the number plate to align the drilling with existing holes in the mounting plate.)

If anyone’s collected from Bluewater already, can they point on a map where exactly should I go please? Will be using public transport / on foot, don’t want to wander around the giant shopping centre with its multiple car parks. Thanks!

Oh my days, got a terrible call from Luke today...M3 pickup tomorrow 1 Dec has been cancelled until 15 Dec...this was booked 18 Nov so not sure why it took so long for them to decide to change it...wow, the day before pickup 😟

Luke called Monday saying everything was fine and get ready for an exciting pickup day of my brand new M3 LR...so, sorted out car insurance, me and the misses booked the day off and train tickets to staines sorted via trainpal...

Then, at 9.56am today it all came crashing down with a call from Tesla Luke...thought he was only giving me another courtesy call and answered the call with a spring in my step...

I was told there was a logistics issue transporting the vehicle to the Thorpe Park site...I explained to him I thought it was already there as they have quite a few cars parked in a main car park, then they have the sheltered delivery area for cars on that delivery day, also I'd been given my registration number on the 21st of November so couldn't see why there was a problem especially considering Southampton is not too far from Thorpe Park...also, even more puzzling, he even told me Monday that it had enough battery range of over 100 miles as it had been checked...

I can see there have been cancellations on thread with a week or so notice, but has anyone else received the date change call the day before their delivery day and what could have really been the problem as Luke said my car was supposed to be delivered to Thorpe Park on that same day which doesn't seem very efficient...
Sorry to see this, thats absolutely crap news. Especially when you've the commute planned and paid for!

On the mileage of 100miles, I wouldnt read too much into this as they can log into your car online and check. My M3 is currently on a ship but the CS was able to tell me its sat at 70% charge when we were on the phone.

That's really tough, sorry to hear. Perhaps the car was left behind at the port.

Update ... Woke up to sheer excitement today as i received my 'Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated' ... Wonder how long after that i get a delivery date??

So;

10th Oct - Ordered my M3 LR in Black
18th Oct - Text received - confirming my order
30th Nov - Text Received - Arrival date is being calculated

So mine must be on one if the boats due to dock anytime now.

Hope this helps anyone with timelines.

Sorry to read this…. Hopefully it all gets sorted

Screen protector is really just to reduce glare and also to minimise fingerprints showing on the screen. Protecting against scratching too as said earlier. Will defo look at the cup holders - handier for cleaning too id say. My wife is adamant we will be getting all weather mats as soon as the stock ones look a bit crap.

I've bought so many accessories for this car ffs

Picked up all the usuals, cup holders, cubby trays etc. Along with a proper carbon fibre rear spoiler, black Tesla logos, new caps for the aero wheels and a booking for window tints the week I collect the car :oops:😂

Enquired about PPF for just the front of the car but **** me, with that price I'll take the odd rock chip thanks

I would really like the next 13 days to pass swiftly so I can stop spending money
El Bandito, what cup holders did you get? Cant seem to find one that I like.. Misses is a coffee monster and so need to sort something out, she'd have no issues spilling coffee everywhere.