Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post, although I have been reading these forums a long time.

Ordered my M3 on 03/09, Leased over 4 years (since warranty was that long), got delivered today. I expected a late delivery since Amazon always seem to have me at the end of the day on their deliveries, just to kill that excitement a bit, however got a text at 0710hrs telling me it was 33 mins away - I could not have been more excited!

Arrived, dude just gave me the keys and when I said "Hang on, I have my 4 page checklist to go through, get comfy fella'" he simply replied "No need, i have 6 cars to deliver today, take your time, and legged it.

Spent the next 45mins or so checking it over and I was thrilled to find like ZERO issues. No dodgy panel gaps, electrics all perfect, paint spot on, glass perfect, honestly it couldn't have been better.

Took it for a spin and holy mother of God....it's completely wonderful. The red/19"/white interior is everything I hoped it would be -- if anyone is thinking about the same combo, and worried it isn't worth the extra £5k or whatever it was, don't. It's TOTALLY worth it.

VROOM!
View attachment 739798
Lovely spec, congrats! Enjoy

Thanks LeSloth, I haven't felt this excited...in a long time, honestly :) It's just incredible, and reminds me how fortunate I (we) am (are) to be able to afford something this beautiful. I've taken tomorrow off work and plan on...driving...anywhere.....just driving for the sake of driving.
We feel the same! It’s a really beautiful car. Runs nicely too, and can be fun at the same time.

Enjoy your new Model 3 😎

So, filled my current car with diesel for the last time and had / have just a few journeys left before collection / trade in Tuesday. Driving extra careful, you know, just in case and....
View attachment 739854

View attachment 739855

Middle lane of the M6 on the way back from Brum this afternoon 🙈

Saw something out the corner of my eye then BANG! Luckily no damage to anything but the window and must have been a stone / rock / brick thrown up by another vehicle

Trying to get it replaced before Tuesday has been "challenging" but all going well should be replaced tomorrow 🤞
Oh no, sorry to hear/see this! Hope you are okay, and hope the window replacement goes ok.

Reactions: JonP73
Got my delivery confirmation phone call yesterday, very plesant chat. I checked that people coming with me is ok - no problem at all, just need to keep contact with staff to just me, it's all about being Covid-sensible. Sold my Alfa Stelvio this afternoon, went with WBAC.com 'cause best price. Must admit to feeling alittle sad, such a great car but hey, progress, huh? Am driving eldest's Corsa until Tesla Time on Saturday morning! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Christmas morning is going to be nothing compared to this! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
See you there on Saturday Katy

Reactions: ScoutKaty
So, filled my current car with diesel for the last time and had / have just a few journeys left before collection / trade in Tuesday. Driving extra careful, you know, just in case and....
View attachment 739854

View attachment 739855

Middle lane of the M6 on the way back from Brum this afternoon 🙈

Saw something out the corner of my eye then BANG! Luckily no damage to anything but the window and must have been a stone / rock / brick thrown up by another vehicle

Trying to get it replaced before Tuesday has been "challenging" but all going well should be replaced tomorrow 🤞
Fingers crossed that you get it sorted and your pick up goes smoothly on Tuesday.

Reactions: JonP73
Huh. Just took out my Tesla insurance with Direct Line and got given a Zoom EV bundle for free (usually £39.99). It includes a whole bunch of stuff like 3 months free subscripton to the BP Pulse charging network, free Plugsurfing charging key, 1 month free access to the Osprey rapid charging network then 18% discount for the rest of the year, 20% off Q-Park bookings and some other stuff. Not sure how great the benefits are but free is free, right?

Anyone else got this and know more about it?
I have just bought my insurance and clicked on the Zoom EV bundle, will have to see what use it is in the end lol
Their website doesn't offer much detail, but it saves creating an account for the charging networks I suppose, even if it's just for backup in case you can't get to a supercharger.

Hoping I can get away without visiting a petrol station before Tuesday and collect my new car :)

Got a reg today, any buddies for Dec 17 10:30am Bluewater collection?

Question to those already collected (although I understand most people forget this thread once collected) - has anyone ignored their request to come alone? I am definitely going with my wife - she wants her share of the joy too, worst case I'll leave her outside while collecting.

Reactions: OddityError

Question to those already collected (although I understand most people forget this thread once collected) - has anyone ignored their request to come alone? I am definitely going with my wife - she wants her share of the joy too, worst case I'll leave her outside while collecting.
Hopefully not raining or worse.

Reactions: ylexus

Haven't collected yet, but I think someone said they're fine with more than one person, but just ask that only one approaches the desk to collect the keys. By all accounts the Tesla reps on site are a pleasure to deal with and are there to make your life easier not more difficult.

Had my courtesy call to confirm my collection earlier today, very simple, told me I've done everything I need to do, just need to show up with my driving licence and I'm good to go!

Collecting from the Trafford Centre, Manchester on 9th December. This time next week she'll be home!

Finally had a chance to go for a blast around yesterday and yes that acceleration… but the suprising best feature so far is being able to go the exact speed you want as ive always driven manual i never considered how much the gear forces a speed. EVs are so much better in everyway. with hindsight im so glad i got the tesla and wish i hadnt stressed so much about the decision / wait! Good luck all you will love it!