Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my ‘24 hours to go’ text. Thorpe Park tomorrow at 10am. Anyone else due in Thorpe Park tomorrow?
Errrrr 🤨, I'm so pi**ed off...everyone who's getting their 24-hours to go text Thorpe Park...Paid in full 22 Nov, phone call Monday all ok and as Luke said "time to get excited for your new Tesla", I got the same text Tuesday 30 Nov 9.17am for a collection Wednesday 1 Dec.. then a Tesla car crash 🚘 BANG..9.46am got a call from Luke saying sorry collection will not be happening due to logistics issue, earliest date now 15th December...that's a real massive logistics issue if the car's not there for just over another 2wks... been trying to find out what the real reason is and as one chap said maybe the car wasn't even in the country and they made a real boo boo preparing me for delivery right up to the final hour...SO A WORD OF WARNING, don't be toooo excited until you see the car, you're happy to drive it from the site as anything could happen dealing with Tesla!

Last edited:
Errrrr 🤨, I'm so pi**ed off...everyone who's getting their 24-hours to go text Thorpe Park...Paid in full 22 Nov, phone call Monday all ok and as Luke said "time to get excited for your new Tesla", I got the same text Tuesday 30 Nov 9.17am for a collection Wednesday 1 Dec.. then a Tesla car crash 🚘 BANG..9.46am got a call from Luke saying sorry collection will not be happening due to logistics issue, earliest date now 15th December...that's a real massive logistics issue if the car's not there for just over another 2wks... been trying to find out what the real reason is and as one chap said maybe the car wasn't even in the country and they made a real boo boo preparing me for delivery right up to the final hour...so a word of warning, until you see the car, you're happy to drive it from the site, anything could happen with Tesla!
That's mega rough. As if they're doing that. Kills all the excitement.

I have just bought my insurance and clicked on the Zoom EV bundle, will have to see what use it is in the end lol
Their website doesn't offer much detail, but it saves creating an account for the charging networks I suppose, even if it's just for backup in case you can't get to a supercharger.

Hoping I can get away without visiting a petrol station before Tuesday and collect my new car :)
They emailed a booklet about the bundle after I completed the insurance. Zoom EV tried to call me yesterday (couldn't take the call). I sure hope it isn't an excuse for them to bombard me with sales calls! Might have to block the number.

Reactions: Buzzliteyear
That's mega rough. As if they're doing that. Kills all the excitement.
Yep you're right, totally flattened now 🙁...paid for insurance, me and the missus took the day off, prepaid for train tickets to staines station, then wow what a climbdown after the phone call a day before collection...asked if any compensation and Luke flatley said no...never thought Tesla would treat customers so badly with the amount of money they're raking in from us...maybe they're getting too big for their boots and getting cocky about their stranglehold in the EV industry which they are now taking out on their customers with a nonchalant attitude...

Ended up having to take misses and the kids out for dinner just to make up for the disappointment (since we both had the day off 🤣)...we had a laugh with some silly scenarios running through our head 🤔...one was that I'd pre-ordered January this year the refreshed Model X but due to the massive delays decided to order the Model 3 as a stop gap...thinking weather they're trying to pi** me off so I cancel the Model X as it's gone up by 12000k since then (as they say, greed makes you do awful things)...spending 100k on a vehicle you would expect a superior type of service but going off my experience with the Model 3 I've been sorely let down, so why would anyone want to spend 100k with Tesla if your expectations have been driven down so low⁉️

10th originally. So must be just to early. Have moved to payment request now - any other ROI orders at this now?

My delivery isn't until 23/12.... but my bank (EBS) only allows max €5k/day transfers so have had to start making payments early to pay if off in time for delivery...... so emailed IE Delivery team and got their bank details to start making daily payments onto my account.

You quote your RN number on the transfer and the payment shows up on your Tesla account the next morning ~10am - do a small amount test payment first to make sure it is all working (and that you haven't done a typo with the IBAN before sending across larger payments 😂)

Reactions: dave8089
Errrrr 🤨, I'm so pi**ed off...everyone who's getting their 24-hours to go text Thorpe Park...Paid in full 22 Nov, phone call Monday all ok and as Luke said "time to get excited for your new Tesla", I got the same text Tuesday 30 Nov 9.17am for a collection Wednesday 1 Dec.. then a Tesla car crash 🚘 BANG..9.46am got a call from Luke saying sorry collection will not be happening due to logistics issue, earliest date now 15th December...that's a real massive logistics issue if the car's not there for just over another 2wks... been trying to find out what the real reason is and as one chap said maybe the car wasn't even in the country and they made a real boo boo preparing me for delivery right up to the final hour...SO A WORD OF WARNING, don't be toooo excited until you see the car, you're happy to drive it from the site as anything could happen dealing with Tesla!
Aww man that's horrible. I'm due delivery on Monday and I know this would devastate me!

Hi - looking for some advice!

I ordered my M3LR mid November via my company lease and was told to expect a March 2022 delivery but received a text yesterday from Tesla with Registration and VIN. SH71. Do we think delivery may be this month now? Have had no delivery update but from reading this thread it would seem it could be end of the month? Trying to sort out selling current car etc along with charge point install.

Thank you for any advice or comments in advance!

My delivery isn't until 23/12.... but my bank (EBS) only allows max €5k/day transfers so have had to start making payments early to pay if off in time for delivery...... so emailed IE Delivery team and got their bank details to start making daily payments onto my account.

You quote your RN number on the transfer and the payment shows up on your Tesla account the next morning ~10am - do a small amount test payment first to make sure it is all working (and that you haven't done a typo with the IBAN before sending across larger payments 😂)
Shows up on your account quite quickly. Am all paid up for what is scheduled as a 16th Dec delivery.

I ordered my M3LR mid November via my company lease and was told to expect a March 2022 delivery but received a text yesterday from Tesla with Registration and VIN. SH71. Do we think delivery may be this month now? Have had no delivery update but from reading this thread it would seem it could be end of the month? Trying to sort out selling current car etc along with charge point install.

Apparently if you’ve got a VIN and Reg then your car is undoubtedly either already in the UK or more likely on a ship on her way.
There are only 3 ships left to dock this year, Hyperion Ray which is due tomorrow, Grand Dahlia which is due on the 11th and Paradise Ace which is due on the 12th or 13th.
You can get a daily update on their progress in the 2021 Shipping Movements thread or you can get the excitement of tracking them yourself on something like vesselfinder.com either way you should have your car before the end of the year.

I’m in exactly the same situation, Vonni. Salary sacrifice through Zenith, expecting March, text message yesterday morning from Tesla with VIN & reg. No information about collection.

I went into my local showroom in Winchester As I was nearby, and they were able to see on the system that I booked in for collection from Southampton on 21st December. At their suggestion, I’ve emailed both Zenith & [email protected] to try and get confirmation from something official of that date.

Cue flurry of activity to try and sell my current car!

Jesus a 2 week delay is absolutely huge! no way its just a simple logistics issue.
Yes Bandito, this forum and Tesla Motors Club in general has given a lot of current and prospective owners an insite into the workings of Tesla...I'm sure all would agree it's not just a simple logistics issue...someone has made a big error along the way where I've taken the hit from it...my time, emotions and money taken away before I've even got a sniff of the car...I'd already prepared myself for maybe possible panel gaps, condensation in tail lights, maybe some scuffs or dirt but didn't expect to be smacked with this one...also, Tesla Luke giving me a new date I didn't even ask for, I was too shocked to even query the date at the time as not being available to attend upon checking later on...e-mailed delivery (I refuse to waste my time hanging on for ages) on Wednesday asking for a new date even further away as I'm off during Xmas week but needless to say still haven't got a reply...we all understand cancellations/changes are made but the day beforehand is ridiculous...I now understand how the Irish lads felt when they were sold a lot of Tesla nonsense!

Last edited:

As per my earlier post. I’ve got an SH71 ready for me at Glasgow on 23/12. Leasing company have been next to useless, so I’ve been contacting Glasgow Tesla direct who always respond the same day. Fire them an email. You’ll be Pre-Xmas.
FWIW I was told by lease company it would be March 22, and had an email today saying still “looking good for March 22” for them. Far easier to cut them out of the loop.