Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Errrrr 🤨, I'm so pi**ed off...everyone who's getting their 24-hours to go text Thorpe Park...Paid in full 22 Nov, phone call Monday all ok and as Luke said "time to get excited for your new Tesla", I got the same text Tuesday 30 Nov 9.17am for a collection Wednesday 1 Dec.. then a Tesla car crash 🚘 BANG..9.46am got a call from Luke saying sorry collection will not be happening due to logistics issue, earliest date now 15th December...that's a real massive logistics issue if the car's not there for just over another 2wks... been trying to find out what the real reason is and as one chap said maybe the car wasn't even in the country and they made a real boo boo preparing me for delivery right up to the final hour...SO A WORD OF WARNING, don't be toooo excited until you see the car, you're happy to drive it from the site as anything could happen dealing with Tesla!
Ugh, that's baaaaaaad, I would be totally pissed off too. Don't you just wish they would be open and honest about the reason? Might help keep frustration levels to a minimum. I think you should be offered a loan Tesla in the meantime. I hope you get it sorted soonest!

Reactions: Cstandinguk
I wonder if there wasn't damage during transport/wind damage which needs fixing before the car can be delivered which is why there's the delay?
Would be nice if they gave the actual reason rather than "You can only collect in 2 weeks".
damaged/something not working - that is a very common reason for delays on vehicles from other manufacturers and when you are selling thousands a month there will always be the odd one or two that unfortunately has something happen to it.

Unlike other manufacturers with dealerships, you don't have the dealer covering things up but equally you don't have their facilities such as a courtesy vehicle usage.

I wonder if there wasn't damage during transport/wind damage which needs fixing before the car can be delivered which is why there's the delay?
Would be nice if they gave the actual reason rather than "You can only collect in 2 weeks".
oh, he did give a reason..."LOGISTICS ISSUE"...so, make of that what you will...after probing Tesla Luke he said transporter can't deliver 1 Dec that's why...I said I'll pick it up wherever it is as Southampton's not too far from London if transporter issue but he said I couldn't do that as earliest was 15 Dec...I now believe some sort of damage took place and they need time to fix it...was told the VIN is still the same, the reg is still the same "LB71 *** but I can't pick it up even though was told evething ok at 9.17am the day before collection!

So far buying a Tesla has been probably one of the most frustrating things I’ve ever done. I ordered the SR+ Back in October, got the Vin and Licence no then got a delivery date. This dates been moved multiple times and at one time apparently someone accidentally cancelled my order. The best one being last weekend when I called Tesla to check it was still on for delivery this week and 5 minutes after I get off the phone I get a message saying its been moved. They put it back when I called them but was not impressed.

Move to today, delivery booked for 12.45 - 16.45.. no signs of any issues. Just shy of 4pm, gets a call from the courier (any car/any van.. something like that) Delivery driver has had an issue and wont be out today. Need to go back to Tesla to sort out rearrangement.

…….. Safe to say I blew my stack at this point.

damaged/something not working - that is a very common reason for delays on vehicles from other manufacturers and when you are selling thousands a month there will always be the odd one or two that unfortunately has something happen to it.

Unlike other manufacturers with dealerships, you don't have the dealer covering things up but equally you don't have their facilities such as a courtesy vehicle usage.
yep, I do understand these things happen... but there are ways of dealing with it... and as you stated yes the odd 1 or 2 things go wrong which should make it easier for Tesla to sort out nicely for their family member as they say....you have two scenarios of explaining to a customer...

1. Sorry Sir, I apologise but as we were transporting your vehicle/or due to bad weather recently your vehicle (remember it is mines as I've already paid 50k in cash which is out of my hands earning nothing and in Elon's bank account making him richer) it got damaged and we will need to repair it, as you are part of the Tesla family (I've got the text to prove it as I'm sure you also got when you put your deposit down) we would like to offer you some form of gratuity for the inconvenience this may have caused (at least pay for my cancelled train ticket, or cancellation admin fee for insurance which I told Tesla Luke about)...Now scenario 2. Sorry Sir, we've had to cancel your collection date tomorrow and move it two weeks later, what was the reason for this, oh there was a logistics issue delivering it to the Thorpe Park site tomorrow so earliest date 15th December, I can pick up anywhere it is , no sir has to be 15 Dec earliest...ok wow, no form of compensation as me and misses taken the day off, paid for train tickets and insurance which I will need to change at a cost, no sir Tesla won't give anything for that sorry sir bye! as you can see two ways of dealing with the situation and Tesla wasn't the first scenario.

I'm not saying damage was the reason but if it were it could have been told to me straight up with some compassion for the situation...just saying there was a logistics issue is such a flimsy excuse at a sensitive time for any customer buying a 50k car...if they told me this a week ago I wouldn't be writing this now...and I honestly believe a dealership would have given you some form of gratuity, even if it was an air freshener!

Thought as it’s Friday I’d chance my luck…. Collecting Monday, but asked if it had arrived at the site could there be a possibility of collection tomorrow? Acknowledged my own cheek within the message as well…

….I wouldn’t want to sit next to Emma at their Christmas party

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: TM3MS
Ugh, that's baaaaaaad, I would be totally pissed off too. Don't you just wish they would be open and honest about the reason? Might help keep frustration levels to a minimum. I think you should be offered a loan Tesla in the meantime. I hope you get it sorted soonest!
thanks scoutkaty, glad I can vent my frustrations on TMC instead of in the missus ear 🤣 shes fed up now 😬🤣

• Funny
Reactions: ScoutKaty
I’m in exactly the same situation, Vonni. Salary sacrifice through Zenith, expecting March, text message yesterday morning from Tesla with VIN & reg. No information about collection.

I went into my local showroom in Winchester As I was nearby, and they were able to see on the system that I booked in for collection from Southampton on 21st December. At their suggestion, I’ve emailed both Zenith & [email protected] to try and get confirmation from something official of that date.

Cue flurry of activity to try and sell my current car!
Oh I am also Zenith! Does look like I'll need to get the skates on to sort.out my current car and likely have no charge point installed on time.

As per my earlier post. I’ve got an SH71 ready for me at Glasgow on 23/12. Leasing company have been next to useless, so I’ve been contacting Glasgow Tesla direct who always respond the same day. Fire them an email. You’ll be Pre-Xmas.
FWIW I was told by lease company it would be March 22, and had an email today saying still “looking good for March 22” for them. Far easier to cut them out of the loop.
Hey thank you for this! Sounds like we have the same lease company because I get the exact same email from the lease. Will follow your advice and hopefully get some clarity so I can get things in order.

Yes Bandito, this forum and Tesla Motors Club in general has given a lot of current and prospective owners an insite into the workings of Tesla...I'm sure all would agree it's not just a simple logistics issue...someone has made a big error along the way where I've taken the hit from it...my time, emotions and money taken away before I've even got a sniff of the car...I'd already prepared myself for maybe possible panel gaps, condensation in tail lights, maybe some scuffs or dirt but didn't expect to be smacked with this one...also, Tesla Luke giving me a new date I didn't even ask for, I was too shocked to even query the date at the time as not being available to attend upon checking later on...e-mailed delivery (I refuse to waste my time hanging on for ages) on Wednesday asking for a new date even further away as I'm off during Xmas week but needless to say still haven't got a reply...we all understand cancellations/changes are made but the day beforehand is ridiculous...I now understand how the Irish lads felt when they were sold a lot of Tesla nonsense!

I know exactly how you feel. I had a delivery date of the 15th Nov, and then it got rescheduled to the 13th December.

CS emailed me and say suggesting that I should propose how they can remedy the situation, so I suggested an extension of premium connectivity and some Super Charger miles. They replied saying that they couldn't compensate me at all. It was all rather confusing. Why ask for suggestions for compensation and then say you can't have any. Very strange and frustrating.

thanks scoutkaty, glad I can vent my frustrations on TMC instead of in the missus ear 🤣 shes fed up now 😬
Getting so p***ed off... I ordered my car through Lex AutoLease (it's a company car) on 18th October, RN received 29/10, yet it looks like I'm still not getting my car until Feb / March 2022. I've ordered a SR+ in the Red... Tesla tell me there is no 'stock' cars in the UK, yet some seem to be getting their sooner and they are also drip feeding the odd cars onto the Available Inventory on the website!

So far buying a Tesla has been probably one of the most frustrating things I’ve ever done. I ordered the SR+ Back in October, got the Vin and Licence no then got a delivery date. This dates been moved multiple times and at one time apparently someone accidentally cancelled my order. The best one being last weekend when I called Tesla to check it was still on for delivery this week and 5 minutes after I get off the phone I get a message saying its been moved. They put it back when I called them but was not impressed.

Move to today, delivery booked for 12.45 - 16.45.. no signs of any issues. Just shy of 4pm, gets a call from the courier (any car/any van.. something like that) Delivery driver has had an issue and wont be out today. Need to go back to Tesla to sort out rearrangement.

…….. Safe to say I blew my stack at this point.
Wow, I know how you feel mate 😬...thought my situation was bad with cancellation the day before but Tesla delivery pipped me with you...to get cancelled on the day 😲 45min shy of the full collection window, that's absolutely disgraceful 🤬, I'm actually swearing for you mate...Tesla have to stop treating their customers like this, it's a disgrace...the worst thing about it is they know how the customers going to react and they do nothing to temper the situation...they could have offered you your deposit back as some other form of meaningful recompense, premium connectivity free for year etc...why do we as the customer have to be dictated to by pounds and pence and all they give us is SORRY...they screw with your time and emotions and then say sorry...if anyone of us could write on this forum that we've been let down but Tesla were really great about it, it would change the whole dynamic of Tesla as really looking after their customers who spend their hard earned cash with them... Tesla make great cars but we shouldn't be treated horribly just because we wish to buy one...as it stands, they're full of great rhetoric (welcome to the Tesla family...that's BULL SH**) all they want is your money, MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT!

I know exactly how you feel. I had a delivery date of the 15th Nov, and then it got rescheduled to the 13th December.

CS emailed me and say suggesting that I should propose how they can remedy the situation, so I suggested an extension of premium connectivity and some Super Charger miles. They replied saying that they couldn't compensate me at all. It was all rather confusing. Why ask for suggestions for compensation and then say you can't have any. Very strange and frustrating.
I don't know what to say, that's absolutely crazy...🤔🙄

I'm not saying damage was the reason but if it were it could have been told to me straight up with some compassion for the situation...just saying there was a logistics issue is such a flimsy excuse at a sensitive time for any customer buying a 50k car...if they told me this a week ago I wouldn't be writing this now...and I honestly believe a dealership would have given you some form of gratuity, even if it was an air freshener!
Totally understand and agree. Unfortunately it seems to be the nature of the beast - having to deal with a large faceless corporation when things go wrong :(

Some dealers can be pretty dishonest and unpleasant but there are people you can speak to and at the end of the day they know you can choose to purchase from another dealer and still get the vehicle you want so they generally will try and keep their customers happy. With Tesla it is their way or nothing.

It’s a sad day when the manufacturer genuinely believes we need them more then they need us.