Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After ordering my company car on June 8th I'm excited to say it finally arrived yesterday :cool: I have been stockpiling parts since June and haven't wasted much time in starting to fit them with the vinyl plate, carbon splitter and carbon spoiler going on today :) My experience so far suggests the car has been well worth the wait and I look forward to many fun miles ahead. Sometimes it feels like time is going backwards whilst waiting for fun things in life, but this one is defintely worth waiting for 👍

View attachment 740384
Wow that was one hell of a wait. What took it so long? What model is yours?

Finally picked up my Tesla SR+ from
blue water today. Collected at around 4pm so couldn’t do a detailed inspection as it was dark but didn’t see any issues. Took about 5 minutes for the handover, not busy at all.

Came with 46% charge, 5 miles on the odometer, front mudflaps (+mudflaps extensions in the boot) and floor mats. No heated back seats or steering wheel yet.

One disappointment was the state of exterior screens - the cleaners had wiped them with a dirty cloth, smudge marks all over.

Plugged into the super chargers at blue water for a bit but was charging very slow due to the cold battery - around 15-20 kwh. Was showing 286 miles at 100%.

Loving the car so far - a very different experience from any car i’ve owned previously.

Attachments

• 80067E30-12AA-4C71-AA7E-1DAFF5014AD2.jpeg
    80067E30-12AA-4C71-AA7E-1DAFF5014AD2.jpeg
    446.6 KB · Views: 56
  • F9C6DC00-E8B0-4BB2-9E25-94B350A01F83.jpeg
    F9C6DC00-E8B0-4BB2-9E25-94B350A01F83.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 44
After ordering my company car on June 8th I'm excited to say it finally arrived yesterday :cool: I have been stockpiling parts since June and haven't wasted much time in starting to fit them with the vinyl plate, carbon splitter and carbon spoiler going on today :) My experience so far suggests the car has been well worth the wait and I look forward to many fun miles ahead. Sometimes it feels like time is going backwards whilst waiting for fun things in life, but this one is defintely worth waiting for 👍

View attachment 740384
Nice! Where is that front splitter from?

blue water today. Collected at around 4pm so couldn’t do a detailed inspection as it was dark but didn’t see any issues. Took about 5 minutes for the handover, not busy at all.

Came with 46% charge, 5 miles on the odometer, front mudflaps (+mudflaps extensions in the boot) and floor mats. No heated back seats or steering wheel yet.

One disappointment was the state of exterior screens - the cleaners had wiped them with a dirty cloth, smudge marks all over.

Plugged into the super chargers at blue water for a bit but was charging very slow due to the cold battery - around 15-20 kwh. Was showing 286 miles at 100%.

Loving the car so far - a very different experience from any car i’ve owned previously.
What do you mean by exterior screens? The windows right?

A lot of manufacturers are increasing pricing at the moment and that’s not limited to the car world. Looks like the cost of materials keep raising.

I was meant to get my car in September but it got pushed back to November. I finally received the car last week and as disappointed as I was at the time with the delayed it is well worth the wait. Over the moon with the car. Tesla will not want to be delaying people receiving their cars and it seems pretty obvious that something is going on behind the scenes that is causing these delays. I wonder if it is down to the delivery vechicles being in short supply. So they can’t get the cars to the delivery points. Keep the faith guys you will get there and have a big smile on your face when you drive it away.
Thanks for your reassuring words oddityerror 😁...after reading a few stories on thread sometimes worse than my own disappointment I now refuse to let Telsa beat me down with any more 😅...I now have a smile on my face and a spring in my step...it maybe a long road ahead, with more disappointments to go through, but one day my Model 3 will come...and it'd better as I've got about a 1k worth of accessories to put on it 🤣

Last edited:

Congrats on the new car!
Is the heated seats and steering wheel showing as a purchasable upgrade in the app!? I saw somebody screenshot his SR+ in the app with a £275 cost associated to it.

Good morning everyone! It’s Tesla Time!!! (I’m a little over-excited, can you tell?!) 😂
Very best to everyone picking up today. I’ll post an update sooooooon. 😘
I'm excited for you, hope everything goes well 😁...not sure if your car will be undercover as was raining but bring some micro cloths with you...anything that looks smudged or dirt etc you can just give it a wipe see if it's anything more sinister...🤔😆

Wow that was one hell of a wait. What took it so long? What model is yours?

It's an LR, white on white with 19" sport wheels. It's a company car and the delay was entirely the fault of our fleet management company Kinto, they took 3 months to get my order to Tesla. Once Tesla had the order it progressed pretty quickly.

Nice! Where is that front splitter from?

It's from SSDD motorsports, seems to be a copy of the Vorsteiner kit 👍 I've got the side skirts to go on when I get a chance too 🤭 I love this car already...

Reactions: OddityError

View attachment 740384
Were there holes left in the bumper from the original plate? These vinyl plates look so much better!

Thanks for your reassuring words oddityerror 😁...after reading a few stories on thread sometimes worse than my own disappointment I now refuse to let Telsa beat me down with any more 😅...I now have a smile on my face and a spring in my step...it maybe a long road ahead, with more disappointments to go through, but one day my Model 3 will come...and it'd better as I've got about a 1k worth of accessories to put on it 🤣
For what it’s worth, there’s still a few of us waiting with you till mid December 🙂

Congrats on the new car!
Is the heated seats and steering wheel showing as a purchasable upgrade in the app!? I saw somebody screenshot his SR+ in the app with a £275 cost associated to it.
Mine didn’t have either when the car was delivered, but they appeared about a week after. What was weird is I didn’t see anything about them in the release notes for the update it installed and only found them by accident really when I went to turn off the air vents. So cool though that the car auto update with improvements and features. Never had that on a car before!

Given those locations and as you say the deals a month or so back I could well be in the same company as yourselves albeit out in the sticks in Wales 😉 Zenith still showing March 22 yet Tesla have given me 21st December in Bristol and I have the ref and VIN. I’ve decided just to e-mail everything across to Zenith and hopefully they will catch up down the line!
I emailed Tesla Glasgow yesterday after everyone's advice and they said the car will be available for collection on the 21st of December. It's actually supposed to be delivered so will hopefully get that sorted next week.

In a mad dash now to get my current car sold and sort out a charger but trying to get an official quote for the EST grant is proving difficult. Trying to go with Pod Point but they say to contact them when ordering and still waiting to hear back.