Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also thought about this. Keys are starting to be a bit of a nuisance. I did contemplate removing the locks on my house door for code locks on the house but just can't be arsed. Not really a solution for this really.
The bane of my existence 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 20211207_130000000_iOS.jpg
    20211207_130000000_iOS.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 62
I'll still be lurking in case there's anything I can answer along the way!

I think my top tip so far is...just because you don't need keys, just your phone, to get into the car, don't forget your housekeys before going outside - not caught me out yet, but I know it will!!
You still use physical keys to get into your house??? It’s like having VW TDI these days. Ancient.

• Funny
Reactions: monkeyphil
I considered bluetooth/smart locks when we did the house up, but wasn't 100% confident that it wouldn't be hackable...I guess an alternative is a spare key in the car or maybe just in my wallet since cards are redundant with phones (until it needs to verify you still have the card...)
I moved to Yale smartlocks. Hackability aside, they are very convenient and pleasure to use. And with Tesla the notion of keys disappears completely for us.

I keep getting texts from Tesla, open them with fear of delays but so far yesterdays 2 were just to confirm my home delivery on the 15th Dec and today's was about the declaration form that will be sent to me on they day that i must sign and email back.

Maybe they are waiting until next week to tell me its delayed !! :)
I got the same texts today too!

8 days to go....

I keep getting texts from Tesla, open them with fear of delays but so far yesterdays 2 were just to confirm my home delivery on the 15th Dec and today's was about the declaration form that will be sent to me on they day that i must sign and email back.

Maybe they are waiting until next week to tell me its delayed !! :)
Got exactly the same as you , fingers crossed for the 15th 🤞

Forgot to mention that trading in our old car was a breeze.
We took in a whole bunch of paper work, but they really only needed the VC5 and the most recent proof of MOT document, though your mileage may vary dependent on the person you get.

We had also taken a few things with us, such as the all weather Tesla mats (definitely recommend getting/taking these considering the miserable weather these days!) and they basically let us keep the trade ins keys until we brought the Tesla back around to transfer our stuff over (though we did take the front mats with us as we didn't want to get any of the floor dirty lol).

The experience was fantastic all round. Having looked around the car again today, couldn't find any issues. Painless collection experience!

Not sure if any of the Irish contingent noticed but there were quite a few long ranges available for accelerated delivery but now they are all gone. I wonder if that’s to do with the delay some of us have had. With how long others have lasted when they’ve popped up it seems very unlikely they were all purchased that quickly.

which insurance did you go through? how was your experience?
Went with Peugeot insurance. Had to phone them as my registration hasn't been activated yet but I had done the quote online and they had emailed me a quote reference number. Cheapest insurance I've had at £332.64p

The phonecall lasted no more than 10 minutes. He went through my online quote with me just to verify everything and asked if I wanted to take out no claims protection and motor legal protection which I declined. He took my payment wished me a nice day and that was that. Overall pretty faultless.