Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I do hope this can get sorted (and thanks for the reminder re mentioning the NHS). The good lady doctor (the car will be hers, technically ;-) ) is a GP and has only just returned to work properly after time off with post-Covid stress, and for once I'm going to mention that because as far as I'm concerned, she deserves a break.
I'm in the same situation. Lease company wouldn't take the referral code so I'm just going to keep badgering Tesla.

It's also the wife's car as it was £200 p/m cheaper through the lease company her Trust uses.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Damn - so hanging around a couple of days before declining their trade in offer could have delayed my account? Wish I’d known that ...
Apparently it doesn’t matter in my case, well not too much. Took a punt on mailing my sales guy at Brent Cross so now I know my car is on the Glovis Sun heading for Suez, so at least I know which ship to watch and that I can try not to ship watch every day for the next 2 weeks or so ... (I predict failure in that but ...)

Apparently it doesn’t matter in my case, well not too much. Took a punt on mailing my sales guy at Brent Cross so now I know my car is on the Glovis Sun heading for Suez, so at least I know which ship to watch and that I can try not to ship watch every day for the next 2 weeks or so ... (I predict failure in that but ...)
Just for you - a special update.
GLOVIS SUN is currently maintaining 18.5 kts in the Gulf of Aden.
She is on time to arrive at the Suez Canal on Tuesday night.
I have no weather concerns for her.

Reactions: Kietrax
Just for you - a special update.
GLOVIS SUN is currently maintaining 18.5 kts in the Gulf of Aden.
She is on time to arrive at the Suez Canal on Tuesday night.
I have no weather concerns for her.
Thanks! And thanks for all the work you do tracking those ships - it’ll give me something to look at (several times) every day for the rest of the month that doesn’t end up in me purchasing new accessories 😃

• Funny
Reactions: yfwt and DaveR91
I'm in the same situation. Lease company wouldn't take the referral code so I'm just going to keep badgering Tesla.

It's also the wife's car as it was £200 p/m cheaper through the lease company her Trust uses.
I'm in the same situation. Tried three times with Tesla directly and they were having none of it.
Defaulting back to the order had no referral code and we can't retrospectively apply one to an order. Lease company not interested either.
As an NHS employee, I tried for some sympathy (not that it's really warranted), but again no luck.
It's 1,000 miles, so £60-£70 worth of fuel? Not worth anymore effort IMO.

I'm in the same situation. Tried three times with Tesla directly and they were having none of it.
Defaulting back to the order had no referral code and we can't retrospectively apply one to an order. Lease company not interested either.
As an NHS employee, I tried for some sympathy (not that it's really warranted), but again no luck.
It's 1,000 miles, so £60-£70 worth of fuel? Not worth anymore effort IMO.
I'll give it a few goes but won't bust a gut. From what I understand Tesla are trying to wind down/change the referral scheme so as the car has already been purchased they've got nothing to lose.

How did you receive the information. Text, call or email?

I'm able to transfer the online quote to a sales person so I'm hopeful I can save money by this. But it's going to be a tight deadline.
I got it in a text when they wanted me to Pay the invoice. The Final Invoice also contains the Registration.

I'm with LV and using their online 'Change My Car' option gave me a quote £170 more than when I did a fresh quote using a make and model!
I queried this on the chat and they said, they can't change either price. it would be best to cancel my insurance on my current car and use the fresh quote and they won't charge me an admin fee!! :oops:. If I ring them ask them to do it they will charge me a £15 admin fee!

Madness!

I did a fresh quote with direct line and it came out £20 less than LV but with only. a week to go its not the best time for doing quotes.....
Getting a reg 3 weeks in advance would have been the best way out of this but I guess its what I have to and suffer for another year before I can do a proper insurance comparison....

I got it in a text when they wanted me to Pay the invoice. The Final Invoice also contains the Registration.

I'm with LV and using their online 'Change My Car' option gave me a quote £170 more than when I did a fresh quote using a make and model!
I queried this on the chat and they said, they can't change either price. it would be best to cancel my insurance on my current car and use the fresh quote and they won't charge me an admin fee!! :oops:. If I ring them ask them to do it they will charge me a £15 admin fee!

Madness!

I did a fresh quote with direct line and it came out £20 less than LV but with only. a week to go its not the best time for doing quotes.....
Getting a reg 3 weeks in advance would have been the best way out of this but I guess its what I have to and suffer for another year before I can do a proper insurance comparison....
I've fully paid up so hopefully a final invoice is due soon.

I'm currently with quote me happy for my Renault Zoe. Tried quoting for the M3 and they replied with "Sorry we're unable to quote you".

My other option would be using Curva to insure the car for a couple of hours to at least get it home.