Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Ordered an inventory M3 LR on 28th April. Today received text messages as per poster above - collecting from Brent Cross on 28th May. Bit of a trek on the train from sunny Norfolk!

I received a VIN almost straight away from the order documentation on the Tesla account webpage. No registration plate yet.

Nik
Similar here - ordered on 30th April from inventory at the Brent Cross store with a VIN allocated straight away, then today a series of texts starting with Car allocated ending on Book a collection slot, so Brent Cross on the 28th for me too - happily coinciding with a free day off work! For me they have also added a final invoice to my account which includes a different VIN (219* rather that the original 235*) but everything else looks right and it includes a number plate :)

So, on to actually selling my old car, finalising insurance etc, etc. Suddenly 10 days doesn't feel all that far away ...

Seems like there’s been a flurry of people getting the Delivery Date texts and booking links! I got mine earlier this evening and collecting next Friday at Trafford Centre, so it is near where the old Debenhams was? It’s going to be fun trek for me to collect mine - hope it’s worth it! Still not got my VIN on my Tesla Account though… do I need to wait for another text or call them to confirm?

Seems like there’s been a flurry of people getting the Delivery Date texts and booking links! I got mine earlier this evening and collecting next Friday at Trafford Centre, so it is near where the old Debenhams was? It’s going to be fun trek for me to collect mine - hope it’s worth it! Still not got my VIN on my Tesla Account though… do I need to wait for another text or call them to confirm?
I did the view page source trick on the order page to find my VIN.

Reactions: yfwt
Congrats on everyone getting delivery dates!

Anybody know if this generic update SMS is an indication of anything?

“Tesla Update - Your Model 3 Long Range in Pearl White Multi-Coat with All Black Premium Interior and 18" Aero Wheels is nearly here! To prepare for delivery day…”

I would be interested to hear how long it took others after receiving this text to get a delivery slot…

Reactions: yfwt

“Tesla Update - Your Model 3 Long Range in Pearl White Multi-Coat with All Black Premium Interior and 18" Aero Wheels is nearly here! To prepare for delivery day…”

I would be interested to hear how long it took others after receiving this text to get a delivery slot…
Oh interesting, I didn’t get a text stating the exact spec of my car - but was a direct link for booking my slot

Updating my earlier posts - for the information of anyone wondering what the order process is looking like right now.
  • 30 Apr: Used the chat and 'trade-in quotation' features on the Tesla website to ask some dumb questions. A helpful chap at Tesla UK called back to ask if I needed help with anything. He emailed later back some information, and a statement: 'I would expect the latest you would receive the vehicle would be early June'.
  • 1st May: I ordered a Model 3 AWD/LR Blue, 'from inventory', and paid the £100 deposit. No financing, no lease, no trade in. The site was showing 'Est. Delivery: June' for that vehicle from inventory (and its location was 'in transit')
  • 1st May: Automated email from Tesla arrived saying 'Thank You -Your Order is Confirmed' prompting me to go onto the site and enter further information (driving licence images, details of where I can take delivery etc.). The site updated to show 'Completed Tasks' including all these things and two attached documents: Booking Invoice and Order Agreement. The first of these includes VIN LRW3F7EB1MC236xxx
  • 3rd May: The Next Steps tab on the order page still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment"
  • 4th May: Received two SMS messages, the first saying "Congratulations on ordering ... " and the second saying "Your Tesla Account is now complete and we will contact you once ..."
  • 5th May: Emailed the helpful chap at Tesla UK, who responded with "It is currently on its way from China with an estimate arrival date of the 10th June"
  • 17th May: Received SMS "Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated..." and two hours later "Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery! Please select your preferred time within one day of receiving this message:...". The earliest available date was 1st June (at Brent Cross. London). I selected that, and an appointment confirmation email arrived a few minutes later.
  • 18th May: I called 01628 450 660 option 4 with various questions. Interesting responses included "The car has already made port in Southampton" and "It will be prepped for delivery on Friday 28th May". The VIN showing on my account hasn't changed from the one mentioned above.
So I am looking forward, with great excitement, to an outing to Brent Cross in a couple of weeks!

Ordered a M3 LR with tow hitch and 19" last week (Business lease with LEX), in inventory there were two, one was showing in London and another showing in transit. This was still the case yesterday. Received communication this morning from lease company stating

"They are anticipating the next vessel to arrive into the UK in the coming weeks. From this update we can see that you have been matched to a vehicle and delivery/collection will be taking place in June"

Interestingly the one that was showing in London has now disappeared from inventory

Had my delivery slot a couple of weeks and then got this text yesterday, seemed random at the time!