Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So got the email today from Tesla confirming payment has been made and cleared. So thought I would phone to confirm delivery was on track for Tuesday.
Spoke to a Tesla adviser who put me on hold to check details, While on hold I get a text and as I was about to read it I was taken off hold and a sounding slightly panicked Sales adviser said, Please ignore the text you just got its wrong, Car is being collect from Glasgow on Tuesday and will be with you between 8am and 8pm, He then gave me the info that once the car is picked up I will receiving tracking info etc. (Being 4 hours from Glasgow Ive now resigned myself to an afternoon delivery.

Once I got off the phone I thought Ill just have a look at the text that was sent, Which said my car was ready for collection from Glasgow from 8am onwards tomorrow! So anyway I know its there so just hope the delivery driver on Tuesday doesn't get lost.

Watching the Anyvan tracker should be interesting... I'm about 4-5 hours from Glasgow and my car left Glasgow at 9:30, stopped in Livingston for 30 minutes, then went to Kirkcaldy, Dundee and Forfar before driving over the Lecht (Cairngorms National Park) and then joining A9 for my delivery around 20 miles north of Inverness. The original ETA was 1:20pm and the car arrived at 6:30pm. Not sure if the driver was just having a fun day out but it arrived in one bit. I'm just wondering why anyone would drive a recovery truck with a 1.8k kg car on the back along the Lecht voluntarily 😂

Reactions: skippyinspace
Only ordered the car from Inventory yesterday (17th) morning and they've just messaged me with a payment due invoice and a delivery date of next Saturday 26th!! Collection at Birmingham.

Only problem is I wasn't expecting them to be that quick and I can't get the money transferred until Monday at the earliest, as its sitting in a personal investment account and can't get hold of that company until Monday morning now.

It states that payment has to clear 7 days before delivery. So maybe it'll get delayed by a few days now. Means I only have until Wed 23rd to get it sorted to make the 7 day limit.

I'm very impressed at their speed to get it done by the end of June though.

It states that payment has to clear 7 days before delivery. So maybe it'll get delayed by a few days now. Means I only have until Wed 23rd to get it sorted to make the 7 day limit.
Take that with a pinch of salt if collecting. In the past its not unheard of payments arriving on day of collection and all being OK with right proof shown - not a recommendation though and things may be different now so worth a call to confirm and explain the situation. You only have to look at your schedule to see that there is a bit of wishful thinking going on on Tesla's part.

Reactions: Nick77
Take that with a pinch of salt if collecting. In the past its not unheard of payments arriving on day of collection and all being OK with right proof shown - not a recommendation though and things may be different now so worth a call to confirm and explain the situation. You only have to look at your schedule to see that there is a bit of wishful thinking going on on Tesla's part.
Cheers for that. I'll call tomorrow to explain.

As far as proof of payment, what exactly does that entail as it'll all be done via online banking?

Cheers for that. I'll call tomorrow to explain.

As far as proof of payment, what exactly does that entail as it'll all be done via online banking?
iirc someone just showed the final faster payment had been made from their app. In those days, they use to reconcile things a couple of times a day, less at weekends. Plus there was no easy way to check payment had been received - you could look in the source code, but that was unofficial. It seems to be much quicker these days and an official way to check. So I suspect that Tesla will have the proof they need if they checked.

Reactions: Nick77
Picked up today from Birmingham NEC and it was painless. I had paid the final invoice on Monday and they called me later that day to confirm they'd received it all and asking if I had any questions. At the NEC they only asked for my name, they didn't even ask to see my driving license.

b4MiUy1.jpg

R1OtZIn.jpg

HteDHMY.jpg

V5mAyUZ.jpg

rpy1Qfa.jpg

A few points:
  • Standard range
  • Charging section defaults to 100%, so confirmed LFP battery?
  • No heated steering wheel
  • No passenger lumbar support
  • Paint looks great, didn't notice any issues in my once over
  • Panel gaps are good, a few aren't perfect but they are close enough for me
  • The only issue I noticed is the new wood effect that goes onto the door isn't 100% smooth. It's hard to describe, it's a bit scratchy for some reason, like it hasn't been polished. I will take a photo tomorrow.
The ride isn't as smooth as the 2012 Jaguar XF I've moved from, but it's so much more fun and has every feature you could want. Autopilot on the M6 home was faultless.

Reactions: TesTed
Picked up today from Birmingham NEC and it was painless. I had paid the final invoice on Monday and they called me later that day to confirm they'd received it all and asking if I had any questions. At the NEC they only asked for my name, they didn't even ask to see my driving license.

b4MiUy1.jpg

R1OtZIn.jpg

HteDHMY.jpg

V5mAyUZ.jpg

rpy1Qfa.jpg

A few points:
  • Standard range
  • Charging section defaults to 100%, so confirmed LFP battery?
  • No heated steering wheel
  • No passenger lumbar support
  • Paint looks great, didn't notice any issues in my once over
  • Panel gaps are good, a few aren't perfect but they are close enough for me
  • The only issue I noticed is the new wood effect that goes onto the door isn't 100% smooth. It's hard to describe, it's a bit scratchy for some reason, like it hasn't been polished. I will take a photo tomorrow.
The ride isn't as smooth as the 2012 Jaguar XF I've moved from, but it's so much more fun and has every feature you could want. Autopilot on the M6 home was faultless.
Looks lovely! How come no heared steering wheel, I thought all MIC had them? Have you checked for the boombox too?

Finally got an email confirming payment, says the money should reach me within 5 working days. So Wednesday morning was when awaiting payment started and now Friday morning I have the payment confirmed. Only took nearly 50 days...
Same here, status update to awaiting payment on Wednesday. On Friday I gave them a call and was advised that they still need to clear it!!!
When I told them that I need to pay this week they checked again and said that the funds were cleared for payment on Thursday.
An hour later I received an email confirming payment which might take up to 5 days - not so great. I need to pick up the car next week. Money still not in account. I fear it might take until Tuesday. Saga continues 🙄

Reactions: imstitch
Same here, status update to awaiting payment on Wednesday. On Friday I gave them a call and was advised that they still need to clear it!!!
When I told them that I need to pay this week they checked again and said that the funds were cleared for payment on Thursday.
An hour later I received an email confirming payment which might take up to 5 days - not so great. I need to pick up the car next week. Money still not in account. I fear it might take until Tuesday. Saga continues 🙄

Ive logged an official complaint with EST as I had been told it was going to be in a certain processing run and then phoned to have it confirmed that it was and then on the day they said it would be in my account Tuesday I phoned again only to be told that it hadn't been processed and it would be on the next run, That was last Tuesday, Thursday am money was in my account and Friday got the email saying payment will be 5 working days.

My reason for the complaint was I was informed twice that payment would be in my account by a certain date, yet that date was the date they actually ran the payment.

Roll on Tuesday when the car should be here.

The announcement about the Lumber support came when the cars were on the boats (Correct me if I'm wrong) so are they being removed on arrival in the UK (Which I thought would be a hassle) or was it an announcement knowing that this was done months ago.
Would be pointless removing them on arrival - Musk said the decision to take them away was based on the data that something like 97% of cars never used them and it saved money which in the current climate of material prices helped keep overall cost down for the customer

The announcement about the Lumber support came when the cars were on the boats (Correct me if I'm wrong) so are they being removed on arrival in the UK (Which I thought would be a hassle) or was it an announcement knowing that this was done months ago.
A saw a tear down of a recent Model Y that had the passenger lumber button removed. Tesla have removed the button and the wiring from the button, the actual mechanism that controls the lumber is still in the seat, if you pop the back of the seat off you can see the connector for it remains.

That may be removed in subsequent revisions however I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to retrofit the passenger lumbar support easily and cheaply if you feel your missing it. It's not software controlled as there's no memory function to it.

I suspect the production line received the call a few weeks back to stop fitting that part, it wouldn't have been removed if already fitted.

Most insurance companies will let you insure before the car is registered with the DVLA, that's the norm for new cars. How you do it with your insurance company varies wildly, some will let you do it online by just telling them the make/model/etc, some will let you do it using the VIN (you tell them the reg when you have it) and some will only do it by phone.
insured mine with DL today...and when I did the basic quote (without the Reg number/Vin) it was around £1600. I rang back and confirmed the details, same price (as expected) but as soon as I added the Reg number, the quote came down by £250.

Only ordered the car from Inventory yesterday (17th) morning and they've just messaged me with a payment due invoice and a delivery date of next Saturday 26th!! Collection at Birmingham.

Only problem is I wasn't expecting them to be that quick and I can't get the money transferred until Monday at the earliest, as its sitting in a personal investment account and can't get hold of that company until Monday morning now.
Kin hell. Just called my financial investment company to make the transfer of funds out of my ISAs to my personal back account and have now been told its 5 working days to clear. This is after I was told by one of their team last week that I could do a CHAPS on the same day.

They said it might clear by Friday if they can process it quickly l, which they'll try and do for me, but otherwise it'll be next Monday. Gonna have to ring Tesla and let them know now. If it clears by Friday I've still got to go down to my bank and make the CHAPS payment to Tesla from there, but that might be OK. Just gonna have to hope it clears on Friday now.

I guess if I can get the transfer done by Friday or even Saturday morning with a receipt I can still make it in time, as my collection time isn't until 2pm.

I can always make a smaller payment of about £10k in lieu of the rest of the funds. I've seen one bloke on YouTube mention he still owed some money on collection, but he'd bought from Tesla before. Can always ask I guess. If the collection has to be delayed until Wed 31st that's not a problem though.

Annoyed at the bloke who told me it was one day clearance though.