Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weds is 30th

Good luck with the bigger problem.
I forgot June is only 30 days!

Managed to get it all sorted by transferring enough money into my bank account today from other sources (thanks mum!) to do the transfer.

Been down to the bank and transferred the money to Tesla in one big lump sum (eek!) and it all showed up in my Tesla account as paid within a few mins of doing it. Rang them and they said I didn't need to bother sending proof as it was all showing on their system already.

Phew 😅

The bank did say that the transfer system doesn't actually recognise the Tesla Motors account when they put the info in, so they couldn't verify where it was going. I assured them it was correct though and showed them the bank info that matched on the invoice from Tesla.com and they were fine with it. Maybe something Tesla need to rectify otherwise you can't 100% confirm the account/company you're sending it to.

The girls at the bank who sorted it for me were very interested in the Tesla and said I had to take them for a spin in it once I got it :D LOL I've already pulled before I've even got the car!

Quick question.

Do Tesla give you a new log book, or do you have to register ownership of the car on the DVLA website to get one?

Do you declare that you're taxing the vehicle online? I noticed you have to do this even if you're exempt and pay £0.

Quick question.

Do Tesla give you a new log book, or do you have to register ownership of the car on the DVLA website to get one?

Do you declare that you're taxing the vehicle online? I noticed you have to do this even if you're exempt and pay £0.

Tesla register and tax the car electronically with the DVLA when you collect it, my V5C then arrived in the post about a week later. Every year afterwards you will have to go through the tax process even though you pay nothing.

I carried my insurance cover note and paperwork with me until then just in case I got stopped as I understand it takes about three working days for everything to show up in online checks.

Reactions: Nick77
Tesla register and tax the car electronically with the DVLA when you collect it, my V5C then arrived in the post about a week later. Every year afterwards you will have to go through the tax process even though you pay nothing.

I carried my insurance cover note and paperwork with me until then just in case I got stopped as I understand it takes about three working days for everything to show up in online checks.
Thanks Kryten ;)

Actually, just thought I'd check online and it looks like it was taxed and registered when it was first brought over to England.

Though that surely means that the MOT will be due May 2024, and I've lost a month on both?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-22-08-59-09-486_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-22-08-59-09-486_com.android.chrome.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 68
Actually, just thought I'd check online and it looks like it was taxed and registered when it was first brought over to England.

You will need to tax the vehicle yourself - tax does not transfer between owners and it is up to the new owner to tax the vehicle - takes a few minutes online. Its not unknown for Tesla to assist in the taxation, but it is the new owners responsibility to do this and worth doing it yourself even if they say it is taxed (mistakes do happen) - doesn't cost anything.

DELIVERY DAY. I hope they put me out of my suffering with an early slot. Would they deliver mine from the Hayes centre?

Mine too but car being delivered from Glasgow to Peterhead so I make that a 4 to 5 hour trip, So looking at mid-afternoon for me.

8-year-old daughter has been saying Im getting a Tesla today (as in its her car and not mine or in realities the companies)

So hopefully the tracking link will arrive soon.

Is it Friday yet?! I'm counting down the days...

Two quick queries: the fleet company have told us not to install the Tesla app until after we pick up the car. That's not right, is it? (I know the car doesn't turn up in the app straight away, but I didn't think there was any problem having the app 'primed'!)

And anything I need to know about picking up from Cribbs Causeway in Bristol? Other than watch out for the seagulls, obviously. ;-) (We're taking a train and then a taxi - it seems the main bus takes an age to get there.)

I've got the app and created an account already - perhaps that's why I have radio silence! :p

Just an automated email from nhsfleet saying they're waiting for an anticipated delivery date from the supplying dealer. When I ask who the supplier is, they don't reply. Expectation is Christmas now!

Mine too but car being delivered from Glasgow to Peterhead so I make that a 4 to 5 hour trip, So looking at mid-afternoon for me.

8-year-old daughter has been saying Im getting a Tesla today (as in its her car and not mine or in realities the companies)

So hopefully the tracking link will arrive soon.
My tracking link arrived after the car had been delivered :) it wasn't overly helpful
Two quick queries: the fleet company have told us not to install the Tesla app until after we pick up the car. That's not right, is it? (I know the car doesn't turn up in the app straight away, but I didn't think there was any problem having the app 'primed'!)
I installed the app weeks ahead and it was fine. Took about 9 hours to appear, I was sat in the car going through settings when it rebooted and then the app started working

Reactions: DigbyChicken
So 2pm and no text yet, getting a bit panicky as its a good 4 hours from Glasgow to Peterhead, So after phoning the main tesla number this morning and was told collection could be anytime up until 5pm today, I thought Ill message anyvan via facebook, as expected they couldnt do anything without the Tesla booking number. So thought Ill phone Aberdeen and see what they know.

They were fantastic, checked the system tld me car collected at 11:03 on a trailer with 3 or 4 other cars, some of which have allready been delivered, I then asked if there was a number I could give anyvan for tracking and it was explained that it wasnt possible but they would contact Glasgow to see if anyvan could could re send me any info or contact them for a further update. The sales adviser was saying he had around 12 cars delivered with text messages today and I was the 3rd one with out.

My best guestimate for delivery is around 4pm and top things off they have just top dressed the roads around me, gravel everywhere!!!

You will need to tax the vehicle yourself - tax does not transfer between owners and it is up to the new owner to tax the vehicle - takes a few minutes online. Its not unknown for Tesla to assist in the taxation, but it is the new owners responsibility to do this and worth doing it yourself even if they say it is taxed (mistakes do happen) - doesn't cost anything.
Ah yes good call. I'd forgotten about change of ownership when taxing.

Though that surely means that the MOT will be due May 2024, and I've lost a month on both?
You can use the MOT checker on the DVLA web site to confirm, but for my car it matches with the date the V5C was issued - they day I collected the car.

I'm not sure that losing a month on the £0 tax will be a big loss to you, though :)

• Funny
So you’re saying that even though we are the first owner and as part of first registration it gets taxed that we still should re-tax it?

Not if the car is previously unregistered. But this car appears to have been previously registered, so the tax status does not transfer and will need to be re-taxed by the new owner.
I think this is a limitation of the DVLA's public facing system here.

When Tesla import the vehicle they have to tell HMRC (to pay tax and duty) and the DVLA (to issue a registration number so that number plates can be made up). If it was a personal import then it would also need to be taxed and insured making what can be seen the correct information.

I this case, the vehicle is showing the date of import at the moment because that was when the DVLA were told about it coming into the country and it needing to have a registration number issued (V55/4 IIRC).

The car is not registered in the way we would consider it registered, it's just "in the system", that happens when the car is either sold to its first owner or registered by Tesla as going onto the road (demonstrator or pre-reg for example). At that point the V5C is issued and it has to be taxed 'properly'. Normally the dealer will apply for the tax on behalf of the purchaser (that is allowed), but it's worth checking the status yourself once you have it; the DLVA site will catch up when all of the paperwork is done and they process it - usually no more than a few days.