Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder do we read anything into that?

Given the massive push to meet year/quarter end delivery targets, to then stop delivering your most expensive M3 variant for almost 6m seems a bit odd?

Surely too soon for Berlin to be coming on line?

I have to say, it does seem strange. I wonder if other European countries with LHD vehicles are also experiencing a delay to Performance Model 3’s? That would rule out any specific reasons relating to GB. Can you change Region on the Tesla website to see availability in other countries ? GB website is up-to-date showing new deliveries of Performance M3s as being May 2021.

Hello All, Long time lurker here but first time posting. After over a year of procrastinating, finally placed my MP3 MSM/BW order on Jan 6th.

Had been hovering over the order button for a while but held back as didn’t want to take delivery before March. Noticed on Jan 6th that the estimated delivery date had jumped from March to May! This prompted an email to a SC contact who I’d been in recent discussion with about ordering.

I asked whether the May estimation date suggested that the number of open UK MP3 orders exceeded the number that will be shipped to the UK in Q1. Their reply (from Jan 6th) is pasted below:

This timeline does relate to build schedules in the factory, and probably means other Models or variants are being built to fulfil orders. We do look to fulfil orders within 12 weeks so I would imagine older M3P orders from last year will likely to be fulfilled this quarter.

The question is over new orders placed from now. To set expectations, if you order today then officially delivery expectation is May – sorry I didn’t pick this up yesterday. However, if we see orders for the M3P come in there is still time to build them for an earlier delivery – however this is an unknown and I can’t confirm this. This gives us options to build these cars later.

When it comes to this situation, I have to go back to the basic which is to place an order so then we can plan to build it. There are too many unknowns now with build schedules and factory production making it difficult to advise.

Interesting to learn from posts here that an SC has now confirmed there are NO new M3P deliveries to the UK in Q1. What are the chances of those of us waiting for an M3P to get one that is made in China?

I have to say, it does seem strange. I wonder if other European countries with LHD vehicles are also experiencing a delay to Performance Model 3’s? That would rule out any specific reasons relating to GB. Can you change Region on the Tesla website to see availability in other countries ? GB website is up-to-date showing new deliveries of Performance M3s as being May 2021.

I have answered my own question, seems like other European countries (checked France, Germany & Norway) all quote delivery month of February 2021 for Performance models, which is in line with SR+ and LR variants. Seems it is only GB that has a longer wait time for a Performance.

I have answered my own question, seems like other European countries (checked France, Germany & Norway) all quote delivery month of February 2021 for Performance models, which is in line with SR+ and LR variants. Seems it is only GB that has a longer wait time for a Performance.
And it’s not a RHD issue as other RHD markets also say Feb. Wondering if UK Ps are getting spec change.

Wow, that's a hard pill to swallow. May is a real stretch for me to be without a second car. Of course that's no-ones problem but my own, however, definitely looking at other options now.

I thought (somewhat cynically) that maybe they were trying to entice people to pick up some of that 2020 inventory instead.

Given that Tesla build ahead rather than to order I imagine it's a reflection of the ratio of P to Non-P historical order trends they're seeing for the UK. The RRP change making the P ineligible for the £3k grant will have shifted quite a few people into LR models. With reduced 0-60 on the LR and Acceleration Boost as an option, this will only have exacerbated the shift.

Occam's Razor.

Reactions: Jez_GB
I’ve checked with my local Tesla Advisor in relation to delivery of my M3LR. He reckons it should arrive mid to late Feb with delivery before the end of Feb.
This fits with the custom order page, which still shows Feb delivery when ordering a M3LR.

Hello, just to confirm that I have now spoken to the SC and they have confirmed that there will be no new 2021 Model 3 Performance vehicles arriving in GB until May 2021.

Just had a call with a 'Tesla Advisor' who thinks it is much more likely that there will be M3P deliveries in Q1, but the number of outstanding orders probably exceeds the number planned to arrive in GB during this period.

I guess those of us who ordered an M3P around 6th Jan or later will just have to wait patiently until May... seems like years away! :(

I’ve checked with my local Tesla Advisor in relation to delivery of my M3LR. He reckons it should arrive mid to late Feb with delivery before the end of Feb.
This fits with the custom order page, which still shows Feb delivery when ordering a M3LR.

first world problems and all. But if it's "late feb" I'd probably prefer to wait and get a 21 plate.

do you know if you get offered a delivery or collection around that date and ask to push it back a couple of weeks. Would you then get a 21 plate rather than a 70 plate?
I.e does it only get registered when you pick it up or take delivery?

Just had a call with a 'Tesla Advisor' who thinks it is much more likely that there will be M3P deliveries in Q1, but the number of outstanding orders probably exceeds the number planned to arrive in GB during this period.

I guess those of us who ordered an M3P around 6th Jan or later will just have to wait patiently until May... seems like years away! :(

Great to get another response from Tesla and might give us some hope of a March delivery. Tusker are looking into my individual case, and they have emailed the Tesla account manager. I will post if and when I get an update.

first world problems and all. But if it's "late feb" I'd probably prefer to wait and get a 21 plate.

do you know if you get offered a delivery or collection around that date and ask to push it back a couple of weeks. Would you then get a 21 plate rather than a 70 plate?
Tesla told me last March that I could delay the car for up to two weeks but after that it might move to someone else (others have been able to negotiate longer though).

When you collect or take delivery Tesla will ask you to sign a document to confirm acceptance. Once that is done they register the car electronically. Mine was delivered 4.30pm on a Friday afternoon & early Saturday morning the DVLA hadn't processed it but by 10.30am it was OK.

Tesla told me last March that I could delay the car for up to two weeks but after that it might move to someone else (others have been able to negotiate longer though).

When you collect or take delivery Tesla will ask you to sign a document to confirm acceptance. Once that is done they register the car electronically. Mine was delivered 4.30pm on a Friday afternoon & early Saturday morning the DVLA hadn't processed it but by 10.30am it was OK.

Thanks for the info mate.

I would imagine that the reg plate you get (either 70 or 21) would be to do with the time that you purchased the vehicle, not when you take delivery?

Anyone know?

Thanks for the info mate.

I would imagine that the reg plate you get (either 70 or 21) would be to do with the time that you purchased the vehicle, not when you take delivery?

Anyone know?

I believe it is pretty much just before handover.

I say this based upon...
  • If car was registered after handover, it would be untaxed when driven off the forecourt. It seems to take an overnight or two before tax info hit the various databases such as those you can check for car tax and ANPR, but imho there must be something in the system to say car is registered and taxed before driving off.
  • On our collection they actually 'lost' (it was actually impounded in a compound in Winchester) our original car so whilst we were at collection we agreed on a substitute - ie someone else vehicle dur for collection 2 days later. The loss was only realised whilst we were on the way to collect, otherwise we wouldn't have gone to collect. We retained our registration number but on the different car. At that point, it was stated that neither cars had been registered. So the car was registered some point in the 6 hours we were at collection centre.
  • First registration date is the anniversary of our collection
Even though our collection was very unusual, the first registration date of the car will indicate when anyone's car was registered in relation to their collection date which indeed seems to match other users experiences.

I ordered my Tesla (M3LR) on Monday (11.1.21) and had a few questions on Tuesday I needed clearing up. At the end I thought to drop a cheeky question on ETA.

I was told actually (despite the store still saying est.Feb) that I will likely get the car in March. This is because of numerous requests they've had from people wanting the 21 plate and so they are now aiming to delay new M3 registrations until then.

I'm doing a PCH so doesn't make much bones to me either way but was surprised with the answer !