Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10th Jan. Order agreement also disappeared (UK M3 LR). No VIN after contacting Tesla.

End of week/early next week aligns with Mr Miserable's shipping tracking. He has penciled the Horizon Leader to arrive Pier 80 by Friday. It seems likely the car will be going on this ship. If you want to keep track but havent found the thread: 2021 Shipping Movements It's very good I'd recommend (also join in the competition!).

Mr. Miserable: "HORIZON LEADER will be the next ship to Europe and she remains on schedule to arrive at Pier 80 by Friday. I have her pencilled in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 16 Feb."

My broker got a response back from Tesla on order status, pretty generic:

Thank you for your email. The orders are currently pending vehicle matches. The next batch of Model 3s are estimated to arrive in the UK in mid-to-late February.

Once the orders have been matched, we will add the VINs and registration to our update spreadsheet.​

I emailed Tesla to check that everything was OK with my order, which was placed last week, after seeing the Order Agreement vanish. The response was that everything is OK with the order and that I should expect a delivery date to be added to the order a couple of weeks before the vehicle arrives, which they estimated to be the in March.

I suspect no VIN's being issued for Ireland/UK is brexit related until they figure out what they're doing. Apparently they will bypass the UK and go straight to Ireland from Zeebrugge.

I was told Irish VIN's may not be issued until the boat hits Zeebrugge.

I think the order was made today (I had made it yesterday but tesla cancelled and reordered when leasing company took it over) and I've been told by my tesla rep that its now open for matching, and so as soon as my spec arrives I'll be matched to it.

I've been told mid to late Feb, so I assume it'll be on the ship you're all talking about. Exciting!

Interestingly LRW VIN meaning from China.
I've been VIN matched today in Ireland (according to Tesla chat), influx of inventory M3's on the Irish Site. Site has just crashed though.
Interesting. I’ve just had a look and there’s a bunch of M3LR in the spec I’ve ordered in inventory. I shall email my local TA and see if I’ve been matched.

I just chatted to Tesla. I hadn't been matched but he was able to match me straight away. Late Feb early march is the due date which puts me on the Horizon Leader. Exciting. I also asked about price reductions in EU as been discussed. He said he knows nothing about any price reduction in UK.

Fyi ordered 10th Jan M3 LR Blue.

I just chatted to Tesla. I hadn't been matched but he was able to match me straight away. Late Feb early march is the due date which puts me on the Horizon Leader. Exciting. I also asked about price reductions in EU as been discussed. He said he knows nothing about any price reduction in UK.

I have a M3LR in blue with tow bar coming. Does your VIN suggest Freemont or MiC?

just wondering how you contacted them? I just rang them on the phone and guy said I wasn’t matched and he can’t do it manually.

just wondering how you contacted them? I just rang them on the phone and guy said I wasn’t matched and he can’t do it manually.

I did it on live chat. If you go to model 3 on the website and then inventory on bottom right corner a little speech bubble pops up. That's the live chat and I find they're pretty good.

I mentioned that my spec is now in inventory in my city and I asked whether I have been matched. He said no, then next message he said but you are now as I've just matched it for you. So clearly must be able to do manual ?

I did it on live chat. If you go to model 3 on the website and then inventory on bottom right corner a little speech bubble pops up. That's the live chat and I find they're pretty good.

I mentioned that my spec is now in inventory in my city and I asked whether I have been matched. He said no, then next message he said but you are now as I've just matched it for you. So clearly must be able to do manual ?

great thanks for that. Got matched just now.

Reactions: DGK-M3LR
how are you guys finding out this info?

Do live chat with Tesla and drop your order number (RN...) Ask if you have been matched. If not you should be. Then ask for your VIN and you can see if you are getting one from China.

If all the above happens then likely your car is on a ship called GLOVIS CENTURY currently on its way to Singapore ATM with an ETA Southampton 16 Feb (All info from the great Mr Miserable. Check out his thread).

• Informative
Reactions: EricVet