Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed the chat option last night, so emailed deliveryGB to ask about a possible match.
They replied this morning saying that there was no update to my order, Red M3LR with Tow Hitch, but that they can see this happening soon.

They also said that there was no need to match manually as the system would automatically do it.
When I spoke to them today they said the tow hitch ones will probably be in the next batch. They said I should get it by end of March?

The MIC SR+ cars have up to now had the LFP battery - I'll not say whether that's a better or worse battery, but I would suggest you look into it. The LFP battery is heavier, but can charge it to 100% more freely but on the flip side some have reported its less happy in the cold with slower charge rates and worse cold weather performance.

Have been reading about that alright. I suppose that's what I'm asking in a round about way. Are people concerned about this battery setup? Seems to be untested and give trouble compared to the other tried and tested batteries.

Odd, if it matches my spec why hadn't Tesla matched me with it?

Tesla sales process is a mystery. If you read around early M3 ordering in the uk, people were ordering a second car from inventory and then ringing up Tesla to get the orders combined because it was quicker than waiting for Tesla to match them and early orders were taking longer to be delivered than inventory orders. It feels like unmatched inventory gets automatically listed and can be bought while there’s one person in a room centrally somewhere who is supposed to match up stock to orders but has a backlog and has inventory bought before they get to it. Ring a sales centre and they’ll just look at whether you have or haven’t been matched, Tesla don’t build to order, custom orders aren’t really custom, they’re just a request to match you up with a suitable car when one appears.

You could always get the reference to the inventory car and contact them as I wouldn’t personally recommend the second order route, or check with them that they’ll happily refund the second deposit

Ordered M3LR in white mid December through lease company, given RN beginning of Jan. Tried online chat yesterday no matched VIN yet, so requested March pick up. When i asked if it would be MIC? Agent replied saying it would defiantly be made in the US.