Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear All. Just emailed my accountant by chance, and he has now told me that if I want to get a Tesla, I need to do it by end of April. I want a Model 3 Performance. Is this realistic, if I order in the next few days ?

Most people seem to be getting told May for the performance. You could get LR before April if you ordered now by sounds of things.

Has anyone with a pending M3P order been matched for a Q1 delivery yet?

I'm Aware that all new M3P orders have a Q2 estimated delivery date (May), but I did have someone at a Tesla SC tell me a couple of weeks ago that they still expected some M3P's to be delivered in Q1 to fulfill earlier (pre January) orders, although that was a guess on their part!
I ordered 20th December and haven’t been matched. I spoke to Tesla and they said they was no M3P coming into the country before May. But when I put in the order it did say mid Feb.

I’ve been thinking about this post by Subsy on the shipping thread:
are those two ships not due for a subsequent stop at Southampton?

Trying to figure this out as:

- it seems RHD U.K. M3s are all now coming from China
- GLOVIS CENTURY has the first batch
- many more orders placed in December and January (most tow hitch orders seem to be in this set) are unmatched and so not on the GLOVIS CENTURY but are still being told late Feb/March delivery
Could we end up in a situation where non-towbar M3s are coming from China, however models with towbars are coming from Fremont? I’m not aware of any towbar models being matched, at the moment, so maybe they’re being shipped on Horizon Leader, which is due to depart Pier 80 imminently. This should still allow for deliveries at the very back end of Feb going into March, which is the timing I’ve been told by my local Tesla SC.

This could possibly end up in an odd situation where people end up with different spec cars depending on what options they’ve gone for. Build quality aside, you could end up with a non-towbar MiC M3 that has a heated steering wheel, however if you opted for the towbar you end up with a Fremont M3 without the heated steering wheel. Tesla don’t currently list the heated steering wheel as a feature on the UK site, so I can see how they’d turn around and say, “Well, we didn’t tell you you’d get it” if you don’t get it and raise this with them, but I can see people getting peeved if their car doesn’t have it, whilst the car next to them at the delivery centre does.

This appears to be a bit of an issue with Tesla’s way of doing things. I can accept different batches have iterative updates, however it would be fairly naff of Tesla to deliver cars at the same time with differing specs.

Am I reading too much into this? Probably.

Well, just got a surprise text...

Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order.
Your expected delivery window is March 1st - March 10th. You will receive a final scheduled delivery date within a week - this date may be subject to change. ...

Red M3LR with tow hitch.
Ordered 26th Dec
Haven’t had chance to find out my VIN yet

Reactions: A&R_C

Your expected delivery window is March 1st - March 10th. You will receive a final scheduled delivery date within a week - this date may be subject to change. ...

Red M3LR with tow hitch.
Ordered 26th Dec

We've had the same message this morning for a M3 LR with tow hitch in white.

I've just spoken to Tesla who can't give the VIN yet but confirmed it's coming from China and she has been told these are the first batch arriving in UK with tow hitches.

I have lost track of the discussion, does the LR include the heated steering wheel or just the P ?

Red M3LR with tow hitch.
Ordered 26th Dec

Just received the same message. Contacted Tesla, VIN provided - made in China M3LR - midnight silver, white interior, no tow hitch

I’ve been thinking about this post by Subsy on the shipping thread:

Could we end up in a situation where non-towbar M3s are coming from China, however models with towbars are coming from Fremont? I’m not aware of any towbar models being matched, at the moment, so maybe they’re being shipped on Horizon Leader, which is due to depart Pier 80 imminently. This should still allow for deliveries at the very back end of Feb going into March, which is the timing I’ve been told by my local Tesla SC.

This could possibly end up in an odd situation where people end up with different spec cars depending on what options they’ve gone for. Build quality aside, you could end up with a non-towbar MiC M3 that has a heated steering wheel, however if you opted for the towbar you end up with a Fremont M3 without the heated steering wheel. Tesla don’t currently list the heated steering wheel as a feature on the UK site, so I can see how they’d turn around and say, “Well, we didn’t tell you you’d get it” if you don’t get it and raise this with them, but I can see people getting peeved if their car doesn’t have it, whilst the car next to them at the delivery centre does.

This appears to be a bit of an issue with Tesla’s way of doing things. I can accept different batches have iterative updates, however it would be fairly naff of Tesla to deliver cars at the same time with differing specs.

Am I reading too much into this? Probably.
I’ve just been matched with tow bar included. UK March 1st-10th. No idea how I’ll collect if lockdown is still on though.

Reactions: EricVet and A&R_C
I order
I ordered 20th December and haven’t been matched. I spoke to Tesla and they said they was no M3P coming into the country before May. But when I put in the order it did say mid Feb.
I ordered mine in October wanting an early 2021 delivery and sold my model S expecting things to be reasonably on time. I have been told by Tesla here in Dublin that it will be April or May. I was offered a February delivery if I went for a LR but my hearts set on a M3P so looks like I’ve no car for a few months.

I order

I ordered mine in October wanting an early 2021 delivery and sold my model S expecting things to be reasonably on time. I have been told by Tesla here in Dublin that it will be April or May. I was offered a February delivery if I went for a LR but my hearts set on a M3P so looks like I’ve no car for a few months.

So it would seem that Tesla will not be delivering ANY M3P's to GB during Q1 as had been earlier suggested......despite a Tesla SC contact telling me a couple of weeks ago that this scenario would be very unlikely.

... Roll on May!