Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to Tesla Chat, got a VIN assigned, it's a LRW VIN so made in china, and it's forecasted to arrive in the country end of Feb for delivery first week of March, so presumably it's on the Glovis Century.

They wouldn't confirm if it has a heated steering wheel or not

Reactions: A&R_C
I refreshed the site and got the chat back again, but the person I talked to said that the only way they could match someone through the chat is if I changed my spec. He said that if there was any stock heading over then the system will automatically assign it to my order.

So I guess it’s back to waiting and hoping I get that text message soon.

Strangely the Tesla website is continually timing out for me right now and I am struggling to get to my order details.

I’ve got a white LR on order and have been given a VIN which appears to be coming from China. Reading these posts regarding a March delivery and wondering why I’ve had a text just saying vehicle allocated and they will be touch to sort vehicle delivery. No date mentioned yet. Are all text messages different?

I’ve got a white LR on order and have been given a VIN which appears to be coming from China. Reading these posts regarding a March delivery and wondering why I’ve had a text just saying vehicle allocated and they will be touch to sort vehicle delivery. No date mentioned yet. Are all text messages different?

I've a VIN but no texts. Other have texts but no VIN. Seems to be different for everybody.

Newbie here looking for some advice on likely or estimated delivery dates. I'm looking to order a M3 SR+, white exterior, aero wheels and white interior shortly and the Tesla website suggests an estimated delivery in February - I'm assuming that is overly optimistic? Ideally, I would like to take delivery of the car in around June this year - when would be best to place an order to receive it around that June window? Tried to have this discussion on the chat function on the Tesla website but struggling to connect.

If you havr a VIN the car will be on a ship. If ithe VIN is MIC then its extremely likely it is on the Glovis Century. This has just left Singapore and estimated to arrive in Port Said on 8th Feb (the Med side of the Suez Canal). You may not have a date because they aren't sure when the ship will arrive in Southampton? Maybe?

I'm in the same situtation as you and my account has been updated to now say estimated delivery Feb. (it didnt used to say anything) however I got the same text as you with no dates.

Newbie here looking for some advice on likely or estimated delivery dates. I'm looking to order a M3 SR+, white exterior, aero wheels and white interior shortly and the Tesla website suggests an estimated delivery in February - I'm assuming that is overly optimistic? Ideally, I would like to take delivery of the car in around June this year - when would be best to place an order to receive it around that June window? Tried to have this discussion on the chat function on the Tesla website but struggling to connect.
Ordering now most likely would be a March delivery although there may be unallocated cars amongst the first ships to arrive.
Tesla do everything they can to deliver all orders within the calendar quarter that they are placed.
If you order around mid-April (to avoid any left over units from end of Q1, barring any surprises you will likely take delivery in June or tail end of May.

Is there any reason to get the VIN before they issue it in due course, other than to check where it was made? Or is it like checking in at the airport as soon as you can as you have a seat and printed your ticket at home you have priority over others if the plane is overbooked?