Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got no text about delivery date but the day GLOVIS Century left I saw the inventory stock get huge. I quickly messaged live chat to ask if I was matched. I wasnt but he was able to match me immediately.

Interestingly, I'm not sure why, but people who were matched on the Century day of departure all have their VINs and a text saying the car is matched but the text does not specify any dates or even month!

165 here too.
Do they mean anything @Vedaprime ?

yes. So this is the sequnce number. By the look of it the ranges are between 165000 and 169999 (thanks to those replying).

vin are not always assigned in sequence to a production run, and there can be gaps in vin ranges - but it is an approximation.

This does give me a feel of the cars. RHD Production occurred between Jan 14-19. So about 4500 max (if all were RHD in this period, but we don’t know this for sure) for all right hand drive markets. We just don’t know the split. The vin line up roughly with the qty estimation.

so if a UK/Ireland RoRo has say 2500 max (1 ship), 2000 max is left to split across, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, Australia, New Zealand - which is quite low ( and all going on 1 ship to apac)

For the person that asked, I'm 165 with no towbar, it's a white LR.

@Vedaprime based on what you know, do you think the 165-169 batch will have heated steering wheels? Heard conflicting reports from different tesla staff.

You can’t tell that from the vin. Build dates mean more when it comes to hardware changes.

in this example, I assume the vin looks something like this for you- LRW3F3EA0MC165000

LRW - China country code
3 - model 3
(digits 5-9 are body config, seatbelt/airbag config, battery, motor/drive, checkdigit - not really useful),
A - SR+ or B - LR
M is 2021
C - China factory
Last 6 - sequence number

Reactions: EricVet
You can’t tell that from the vin. Build dates mean more when it comes to hardware changes.

in this example, I assume the vin looks something like this for you- LRW3F3EA0MC165000

LRW - China country code
3 - model 3
(digits 5-9 are body config, seatbelt/airbag config, battery, motor/drive, checkdigit - not really useful),
A - SR+ or B - LR
M is 2021
C - China factory
Last 6 - sequence number
Yeah very similar to that, so was built this year in China, hopefully has a heated steering wheel!

Mine is a 165 vin. Spoke to a guy this evening and he said I would here shortly regarding delivery but the car was on a ship with a couple of weeks sail time remaining. I asked if the boat was Glovis Century but he wouldn’t confirm it. I’m fairly sure it’s on there though from the timings I’ve been told so far.

Reactions: EricVet
upload_2021-2-1_15-59-28.png

Roll on may......

Reactions: Dazguy
Hello, yes I did start it. Sadly not the most active thread out there... possibly for the reason you stated. If you have any ideas how to boost the thread, please let me know.

Link is below:

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

I would try and get that moved back to UK and Ireland section if you want to keep it UK focused and active

You will need to report it and ask for it to be moved so one of the moderators in the global section can move it.

Reactions: 2021_M3P
When are we likely to get our registration numbers? Just thinking that I'd like to get insurance sorted ASAP so I can lock in a good price as they ramp up the price the closer you get to the start date
On the day of collection, I believe. Up until that point, the car they hand over to you may actually change. You can still obtain an insurance quote, however, and simply state you don’t yet know the registration number. Best time to buy insurance is three weeks ahead, I understand.

When are we likely to get our registration numbers? Just thinking that I'd like to get insurance sorted ASAP so I can lock in a good price as they ramp up the price the closer you get to the start date

You don't need a registration number, or even a VIN, to sort insurance. Once you get a quote, using whatever method the quote provider allows you to get a quote for a vehicle you do not yet own, it will typically be valid for 30 days. Once more details are firmed up, reg number and delivery date, then you can them firm that quote up with the insurers - may need a phone call. If delivery date changes slightly then as long as you don't exceed the quote validity, you should not to pay anything other than a few £ for date adjustment.

On the day of collection, I believe. Up until that point, the car they hand over to you may actually change. You can still obtain an insurance quote, however, and simply state you don’t yet know the registration number. Best time to buy insurance is three weeks ahead, I understand.

You reckon this holds for switching an existing policy i.e. I should get on to them now to lock in the price difference?

So early January I made an order for a blue M3LR with a tow hitch, got my VIN number about 1-2 weeks ago. 5YJ USA built with sequence number starting with 881. Is there a way to determine which boat my tesla is loaded on etc?

Estimated delivery in February from what Tesla site tells me, but the salesman told me early march even before I made the order.

Ordered in Norway, but it seems like the Norwegian thread is left for dead...

So early January I made an order for a blue M3LR with a tow hitch, got my VIN number about 1-2 weeks ago. 5YJ USA built with sequence number starting with 881. Is there a way to determine which boat my tesla is loaded on etc?

Estimated delivery in February from what Tesla site tells me, but the salesman told me early march even before I made the order.

Ordered in Norway, but it seems like the Norwegian thread is left for dead...
Probably on GLOVIS CAPTAIN. Arrives Zeebrugge this Saturday or Sunday