Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The payments were sent via normal bank transfer (which showed up as payments on my Tesla account page the following day). I’m now sorting out the emailing of the screenshots, surprisingly awkward as the online banking doesn’t show everything they want!

Thanks

Saving the deposit took about 24 months for me! Placing the order for £100 didn’t feel real. Making this final payment feels very very real!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EricVet
Manchester pick up. I was given notice of my white out/ in M3LR with tow bar on 26th Jan (Ordered 30 Dec) for pick up in Manchester 1 to 10 March. Heard nothing since. Tempted to check texts every 5 mins! Wish they'd give me a day, or at least tell me Glovis Century, or Morning Cello which might be UK after Le Havre.

Still nothing my end. It really is infuriating.

When did you place your order? Have you got a VIN yet?

I placed my order for a LR on 24 Jan. got matched to a car en route from China on 28 Jan. After I got my ‘your account is complete’ text from Tesla on 31 Jan, I was sent a text on 3 Feb with a link to schedule my delivery slot which I’ve booked for 6 March in Leeds.

I did have to phone Tesla to get them push the VIN text message to me which they were able to do after my order was matched to a car in transit. Not sure what happened there

My delivery status simply said ‘February’ until I booked a delivery slot.

Also I booked a white LR. Not sure if this made it easier to match to a car.

Hope that helps

Llama

When did you place your order? Have you got a VIN yet?

I placed my order for a LR on 24 Jan. got matched to a car en route from China on 28 Jan. After I got my ‘your account is complete’ text from Tesla on 31 Jan, I was sent a text on 3 Feb with a link to schedule my delivery slot which I’ve booked for 6 March in Leeds.

I did have to phone Tesla to get them push the VIN text message to me which they were able to do after my order was matched to a car in transit. Not sure what happened there

My delivery status simply said ‘February’ until I booked a delivery slot.

Also I booked a white LR. Not sure if this made it easier to match to a car.

Hope that helps

Llama
I ordered 30/12, account was complete by 04/01. I got the text to say I have been matched on 28/01 like yourself. Nothing since. I have called and live chat with Tesla reps, they wont give me the VIN number as it is still in transit.

It appears that anyone with a pick-up at Manchester South doesn't have a date yet as they haven't arranged where to do the collections. The service is a complete joke. All that goes through my mind is that if they are this bad before pick-up, how much worse will they be after.

I have gone through phases of considering cancelling the car. You have to ask how difficult is it to arrange somewhere for collections and also communicate with people making £50k purchases.

I had the option of choosing a delivery location before they gave me a VIN.

I chose Leeds. Then when I rang for the VIN they gave it to me.

so maybe there is an issue with VINs not being given for Manchester collection.

Having said that, the preface in shipping movements thread referred to Tesla being a bit incommunicado during this period between ordering and collection. Seems it is a bit patchy....

I had the option of choosing a delivery location before they gave me a VIN.

I chose Leeds. Then when I rang for the VIN they gave it to me.

so maybe there is an issue with VINs not being given for Manchester collection.

Having said that, the preface in shipping movements thread referred to Tesla being a bit incommunicado during this period between ordering and collection. Seems it is a bit patchy....
I’m guessing/hoping that once they finalise the Manchester airport pick up, which presumably needs them to hire the site for a couple of days, then all of us Manchester types will all get texts at the same time. I got a VIN straightaway but I assume that’s because I ordered from inventory.

Reactions: Terinante
Have been following this forum for a couple of months now and it's great for getting hyped about our delivery. (6th March, Dublin home delivery of blue M3LR... No VIN in account though)

Question for Irish reservations holders... Have you noticed that the VRT shown in the price is too high? And for anyone who's received delivery, has the final VRT been different from what's shown on the website. Its only a couple hundred euro, but I'd rather have it than overpay taxes!
Yes Sean, I noticed it and Tesla said that it’s because VRT has changed. It was 14% with a €5,000 refund, but now it’s just 7%. Mins nds up being €700 more expensive for me with an SR+. I asked for my VIN and they gave it to me.

I also asked them about the cold issues with the MIC LFP SR+ in case anyone is interested. They denied that there’s anything wrong with them despite many accounts of slow supercharging and erratically low range.

I guess we’ll see on the 6th of March!

• Informative
Reactions: EricVet
Has anyone got any experience of purchasing through a business using contract hire with ALD and impact on delivery times and communications etc.? Tesla told me I won't get notifications in the Tesla account because ALD own the vehicle technically. Order was placed 1st Feb via Tesla who got the finance approved on the same day with ALD. Changed colour on 10th though and told shouldn't impact delivery date which I was told was going to be late Feb early March still.. Received an email from Tesla Enterprise team on 10th saying thanks for your order and told to sit back and wait for a text and check all papers with ALD OK which they said were. Could do with a delivery date as hiring a car at the moment and can't pin either of them down for a date but reading the thread it seems that is not uncommon with Tesla !!

Yes, I’m basically going through the same process as yourself.
A company car ordered through a lease company.
The order was made late Jan, I was then emailed by Tesla to create and account.
I created one and then absolutely nothing
Last week I started receiving multiple texts with delivery arrangements and reg plate etc
I now have a delivery date for 12th March.

Make sure your contact details are correct on the app/account and it will come to life.

For Info M3LR MSM Black Int

Has anyone got any experience of purchasing through a business using contract hire with ALD and impact on delivery times and communications etc.? Tesla told me I won't get notifications in the Tesla account because ALD own the vehicle technically. Order was placed 1st Feb via Tesla who got the finance approved on the same day with ALD. Changed colour on 10th though and told shouldn't impact delivery date which I was told was going to be late Feb early March still.. Received an email from Tesla Enterprise team on 10th saying thanks for your order and told to sit back and wait for a text and check all papers with ALD OK which they said were. Could do with a delivery date as hiring a car at the moment and can't pin either of them down for a date but reading the thread it seems that is not uncommon with Tesla !!
Identical situation as myself.

Company car via lease company (ALD). Ordered was processed 8th January and I received RN number that same day. Had the "Finish setting up your Tesla Account" email the same day 8th January. Updated all my contact details, added a payment card, heard nothing since. No texts, messages on the app, emails, anything. Tried webchat on the 28th January was told the car is in transit from the factory. Chased for an update on 12th February and was told I'd had a phone call back in the afternoon (obviously that didn't happen).

Not really sure what to do as current hire car needs to go back as on a rolling month and don't want to hit two cars in the same month...

Last week I started receiving multiple texts with delivery arrangements and reg plate etc

Make sure your contact details are correct on the app/account and it will come to life.

That's great - thanks for the heads up. Ordered leased cars before and always been given a firm(ish) delivery date at point of sale - I'm guessing Tesla are a bit different but to be fair to them, logistics will be hampered at the moment for obvious reasons. At the moment I am using multiple email addresses to extend the 30 day guarantee on the insurance quote as no idea when it will land (AWD in White). Hope everything goes well with yours and sure it will be worth the wait :)

Identical situation as myself.

Company car via lease company (ALD). Ordered was processed 8th January and I received RN number that same day. Had the "Finish setting up your Tesla Account" email the same day 8th January. Updated all my contact details, added a payment card, heard nothing since. No texts, messages on the app, emails, anything. Tried webchat on the 28th January was told the car is in transit from the factory. Chased for an update on 12th February and was told I'd had a phone call back in the afternoon (obviously that didn't happen).

Not really sure what to do as current hire car needs to go back as on a rolling month and don't want to hit two cars in the same month...

It's frustrating isn't it - I've had exactly same on web chat. Only info I could get was the person who placed the order at Tesla who told me it's due on a boat due in Southampton towards middle / end of February and should be on there. I've always been given a rough delivery date when I've bought leased cars from other manufacturers and like you, juggllng timing of return of another car at the moment which could do without. Hope it goes well for you.

It's frustrating isn't it - I've had exactly same on web chat. Only info I could get was the person who placed the order at Tesla who told me it's due on a boat due in Southampton towards middle / end of February and should be on there. I've always been given a rough delivery date when I've bought leased cars from other manufacturers and like you, juggllng timing of return of another car at the moment which could do without. Hope it goes well for you.

From what Mr Miserable has been saying in another thread, first MIC M3's are landing in Southampton on the 17th Feb at around 3:30am. Most likely your M3 (including mine) will be on that ship!!

That's great - thanks for the heads up. Ordered leased cars before and always been given a firm(ish) delivery date at point of sale - I'm guessing Tesla are a bit different but to be fair to them, logistics will be hampered at the moment for obvious reasons. At the moment I am using multiple email addresses to extend the 30 day guarantee on the insurance quote as no idea when it will land (AWD in White). Hope everything goes well with yours and sure it will be worth the wait :)
Are you leasing directly through Tesla or a third party?

Also where is your collection? I would assume Leeds are dealing with you, South Manchester are the biggest issue at the moment, Leeds are giving out dates.

Are you leasing directly through Tesla or a third party?

Also where is your collection? I would assume Leeds are dealing with you, South Manchester are the biggest issue at the moment, Leeds are giving out dates.

Directly through Tesla and their leasing partner ALD. I had to place the order through the web, paid the £100 deposit and then they rang me and said because it would be a business contract hire they would be placing the order through their enterprise team and I would get the £100 back. I got at new order number when they did this as soon as the finance was approved which was same day. I am dealing with Leeds and they have said the only info is that it should be landing in the UK mid to late Feb for March delivery. Updates will not appear in my Tesla account but the car will when I collect it I'm told. They just told me to make sure contact details are correct in it and await for a text.

Yes Sean, I noticed it and Tesla said that it’s because VRT has changed. It was 14% with a €5,000 refund, but now it’s just 7%. Mins nds up being €700 more expensive for me with an SR+. I asked for my VIN and they gave it to me.

I also asked them about the cold issues with the MIC LFP SR+ in case anyone is interested. They denied that there’s anything wrong with them despite many accounts of slow supercharging and erratically low range.

I guess we’ll see on the 6th of March!
Thanks for the replies. I still can't figure out where their figures come from, my calculated value was on the new VRT rates. (I also couldn't match their VRT before the change, again theirs was 250ish higher) not sure what I'm missing