Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, quick question have you paid the deposit already? I've got a lease through Tesla and signed my paperwork yesterday too but no mention of where to pay yet.
Is that a personal lease i.e. PCH? If so, I got a request to pay my deposit by wire transfer shortly after I'd scheduled a delivery date. That was a nervy 24 hours, sending a large deposit into the ether and waiting for it to appear in my account!

Is that a personal lease i.e. PCH? If so, I got a request to pay my deposit by wire transfer shortly after I'd scheduled a delivery date. That was a nervy 24 hours, sending a large deposit into the ether and waiting for it to appear in my account!
Ahh interesting, yeah this is for a PCH. Crazy, my scheduled delivery is 02/03 so will contact them to see what's going on with this! Thanks for letting me know.

Reactions: Tielle
M3 LR Order placed Friday (19th) and car matched to order today. Wow, 5 days, much quicker than my 2019 order. That took months and months to arrive. This is a great time to order an M3LR/SR for quick delivery.

Tesla Chat very nicely confirmed my VIN LRW...170xxx. Which is great because I placed my order hoping to snap up one of the early China cars just landed at Southampton.

I hadn't even planned to buy a new car but Tesla offered me a trade in for my 2019 M3P that was too good to refuse. And I want a towbar.

Now very excited and looking forward to delivery update.

Last edited:
Yeah getting delivered on Tuesday. In my case I'm asking for clarification from the leasing company because the finance documents say if the vehicle is unsatisfactory in any way I should reject it. That seems a bit extreme to me if its something that I can report and be fixed! Like you said I doubt the delivery guys will want to stick around while I inspect and I'll be forced to sign the document from tesla digitally before they go.

It's a lot of pressure really expecting me, not a car expert, to inspect and either accept or reject a car for a finance company.

If you hear back please let me know, interested what the delivery procedure is when not collecting from an SC. I'll let you know if I hear back from Tesla too.

Hello - first time poster here.

Thought I would share my experience in case anyone has any thoughts and also so others can be prepared for a similar possibility.

I ordered my M3LR+ a couple of weeks ago. About 10 days ago I was allocated a VIN.

I was asked to select a collection time from Thorpe Park - which I did for March 3rd.

I was then asked for payment which I made in full (not on lease)

I received a text saying that there may be logistical issue and that if there needed to be a change to the delivery time I would be contacted by the close of business on Monday 22/2. No such text came. I logged on to my account the following morning and confirmed the delivery slot was still shown and it was. To be super safe I also called Tesla who told me all was in order - this is your Reg number, your delivery slot and full payment has been received. All good to go!

Safe in the knowledge that I was getting a car in a week I finalised the sale of my existing car - knowing that I could manage just about without it for a week.

Today I got a call from Tesla saying that there has been a logistical problem at the port and that the delivery will be delayed 2-3 weeks minimum. I howled in protest as I explained that I have sold my car and that I cannot manage that long. They have said that they will try and find another car and let me know by Friday. I wait anxiously. They did not sound optimistic.

This is just for the community to know in case it happens to any of you - but it is a little stressful.

Thought I would share my experience in case anyone has any thoughts and also so others can be prepared for a similar possibility.

I ordered my M3LR+ a couple of weeks ago. About 10 days ago I was allocated a VIN.

I was asked to select a collection time from Thorpe Park - which I did for March 3rd.

I received a text saying that there may be logistical issue and that if there needed to be a change to the delivery time I would be contacted by the close of business on Monday 22/2. No such text came. I logged on to my account the following morning and confirmed the delivery slot was still shown and it was. To be super safe I also called Tesla who told me all was in order - this is your Reg number, your delivery slot and full payment has been received. All good to go!

Safe in the knowledge that I was getting a car in a week I finalised the sale of my existing car - knowing that I could manage just about without it for a week.

Today I got a call from Tesla saying that there has been a logistical problem at the port and that the delivery will be delayed 2-3 weeks minimum. I howled in protest as I explained that I have sold my car and that I cannot manage that long. They have said that they will try and find another car and let me know by Friday. I wait anxiously. They did not sound optimistic.

This is just for the community to know in case it happens to any of you - but it is a little stressful.
Sounds like something has gone wrong with your allocated vehicle and they’re now looking to provide you one from the second ship that’s currently on its way through the Med?

Not sure if Volvo still do this, but they were offering a free 30 trail of their subscription model. Get a new car for free for 30 days! Not sure of you can get it in time though - https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/103519/care-volvo-car-subscription-scheme-rolls-out-across-uk

Sounds like something has gone wrong with your allocated vehicle and they’re now looking to provide you one from the second ship that’s currently on its way through the Med?

... I would guess that is exactly what has happened. It sounds like no other vehicles available to match your spec, out of interest what colour/wheels/towbar did you order?

I know its a PITA but maybe change spec to match an available car?

... I would guess that is exactly what has happened. It sounds like no other vehicles available to match your spec, out of interest what colour/wheels/towbar did you order?

I know its a PITA but maybe change spec to match an available car?

Pretty standard order - metallic blue was the only optional item
Good idea on the Volvo but I feel awkward doing that!

I might change spec - that might be least painful.

Thx for all your thoughts

If you hear back please let me know, interested what the delivery procedure is when not collecting from an SC. I'll let you know if I hear back from Tesla too.

Heard back from leasing company:

Vehicle inspection, please check around the vehicle for any paint chips, scratches or discolouration and the windscreen for any chips, if you are happy with this please accept the vehicle – if there are any of these please advise the driver to log so Tesla can arrange any repairs (this is mainly things that stand out immediately to you), there is no specific time line.

Reactions: 16tablets
Has anyone else noticed that the finance calculations have changed on the Tesla configurator?

I have a finance deal on PCP for £555 per month with a end of term payment of approx £18k now the same finance settings (deposit, term, miles etc). Now it comes back as £514 per month with approx £20k end of term payment.

Everything is the same including interest rate total cost of borrowing etc. But now there is a smaller monthly payment and a larger payment at the end.

I rang Tesla and they checked and phoned me back to say it should all be the same and nothing has changed. Which is clearly not the case.

I’m going to ring back again and ask a few questions. And while I would like smaller monthly payments having a smaller end of term payment isn’t a bad thing.

has anyone else noticed this change? Can one of you put your PCP numbers in and check if anything has changed for you?

thanks

Llama

Has anyone else noticed that the finance calculations have changed on the Tesla configurator?

I have a finance deal on PCP for £555 per month with a end of term payment of approx £18k now the same finance settings (deposit, term, miles etc). Now it comes back as £514 per month with approx £20k end of term payment.
For Tesla, 7.4% & 11% are probably 'within tolerance'... some people have panel gap variances far greater than that!

Last edited: