Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you have to take the delivery option if offered, I may be in a minority but I would rather pick up from an SC! I've had great service from Leeds SC and there is a strong possibility that the new Nottingham SC will be open by the time the P's come through in May, and I'd like the opportunity to give them a whirl!

Reactions: drewpost
Does anyone know if you have to take the delivery option if offered, I may be in a minority but I would rather pick up from an SC! I've had great service from Leeds SC and there is a strong possibility that the new Nottingham SC will be open by the time the P's come through in May, and I'd like the opportunity to give them a whirl!
It’ll likely vary by region, however down here in the saaf my local SC doesn’t do vehicle collections, as they’re simply too small to cater for the volume. There’s big collection places with tons of Teslas parked in big car parks, such as Thorpe Park (whilst they’re closed) and a make shift tent for the staff and admin. When I queried collecting from my local SC, which is just down the road, it was a resounding ”no!”

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Let's hope those of us with orders awaiting delivery aren't affected by the government's u-turn today (all EV grants for cars over £35k scrapped with immediate effect).

Tesla have thankfully just reduced their prices to reflect the change.

Just tried again, using 'In Private' window so no cookies migrating over. Still shows PiCG in the list at the purchase point. If they've taken it on the chin, that's great. Wonder if those of us with an order in process will get the new 3k off the list price ;)

Elsewhere, someone has posted this text they got from Tesla after placing an inventory order this morning. Is looking like they aren’t going to absorb the price increase.
EE0DEADB-624F-4260-B7A2-8D6646050014.jpeg

Slightly daft questions guys - but does anyone know at what point cars are assigned a numberplate? Did a quick search but couldn’t find it discussed.

I’ve known for over a week now what “my” car’s plate is (confirmed by leasing company’s docs and Tesla chat) but haven’t heard anything about delivery or pick up.

I’d assumed (probably wrongly) if a car has a vehicle reg assigned, it must be in the UK and “PDI’d” but given that no one has been in touch maybe not?

Slightly daft questions guys - but does anyone know at what point cars are assigned a numberplate? Did a quick search but couldn’t find it discussed.

I’ve known for over a week now what “my” car’s plate is (confirmed by leasing company’s docs and Tesla chat) but haven’t heard anything about delivery or pick up.

I’d assumed (probably wrongly) if a car has a vehicle reg assigned, it must be in the UK and “PDI’d” but given that no one has been in touch maybe not?
Just got a text for my delivery on the 25th, confirming the VIN (for the third time) and also the license plate number.......7 days out

Tesla will be allocated a range of registration numbers to allocate to the vehicles they sell. They don’t actually officially register the reg against your car until the day of pickup, as there could be an issue and you end up being given a different vehicle (but with the same reg you were told ).
In my case, Tesla told me the reg about two weeks prior to collection.

When I bought my motorcycle, the dealership showed me the list of registration numbers they’d been issued and let me pick the one I wanted

After waiting for an eternity (about 3 weeks) my "preparing contract" notice on the account page finally moved to delivery a few days ago. And updated before I was emailed by Tesla, so worth checking in.

Got my final invoice yesterday, and paid, for delivery tomorrow midday. whoop!

VIN on the invoice is same as assigned 4 weeks ago at LRW 170xxx.

Reactions: Burley

After being given a vin and reg last week, I got another text this evening with a different vin but the same reg. delivery due tomorrow and the vin is now 176### whereas the previous vin was 165###. I am guessing the one they had assigned to me had issues and I am now getting one that was on the Grande Texas earlier this week.

team blue, here we come tomorrow

Cheers guys. The whole experience feels very different to the traditional dealership - salesman dynamic so I'm still getting used to it.

Sounds like I just need to be patient and hopefully get a delivery text soon!