Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3LR on 19th April and had delivery date today of 21st March. Tesla rep said they have matched my order to existing stock and I'm picking up from the showroom in Brent Cross. No VIN yet though weirdly! Does this mean I'm getting an ex demo?
I'm still learning how the ordering and delivery seems to work, but unless you ordered an ex demo from the inventory then it should be new. I ordered mine in mid March and I've got a delivery date of 13th May. There is a vessel due into Southampton early May from China with MIC Model 3's. Quite a few on this forum have had delivery dates around the same time of 12th to 21st March, so it looks like our cars are on the same ship and Tesla are working through the deliveries.
If you haven't already, check out the 2021 Shipping Movements thread. Some great info on there.

I've had no VIN, but mine is through a lease company so I wasn't expecting one.

Enjoy your M3LR when it arrives. I went for the same!

I ordered my M3LR on 19th April and had delivery date today of 21st March. Tesla rep said they have matched my order to existing stock and I'm picking up from the showroom in Brent Cross. No VIN yet though weirdly! Does this mean I'm getting an ex demo?

Inventory Order

Unlike a custom order where you choose the specification of your vehicle, an inventory order is where a finite set of vehicles of pre determined specification become available for sale. The inventory list can be very volatile, with vehicles appearing and disappearing very often, often in a matter of hours. There appear to be three main sources of inventory vehicles - from an excess of a vehicle specifications built, but not having enough custom orders to match against; from custom orders cancelled before delivery; and from used vehicles either returned after delivery, or used for other reasons such as demo vehicles. It is also believed that vehicles rejected on delivery due to a fault may end up on the inventory list once the fault is rectified. As a result of this, it is possible that some inventory cars are older (and thus have a different specification) than those currently shipping. This may or may not be reflected in the price. Just because a vehicle is available on the inventory list it doesn't necessary mean that it is available now. That vehicle may still be in transit somewhere from the factory and will only become available along with the delivery of other custom orders. So an inventory vehicle is not necessarily a way of jumping the queue. For inventory cars that are pre registered in someone else's name, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to tax the vehicle. As it may not be entirely clear whether a vehicle was pre registered, it is always best to assume that it it may be necessary to re-tax, even if the cost is £0.

Wondering if I should be worried yet about May delivery. I ordered a red SR+ In black interior with standard aero wheels, via Arval leasing. I got my Tesla RN confirmation text on March 20th. Then haven’t heard anything since. Seeing lots of other posts of people getting VIN numbers and delivery dates. Has anyone else with same configuration as me had a May delivery date?

Reactions: will_wonka
OMG - so glad I found this thread......

Ordered mine 13th April - got a few texts from Tesla but nothing confirmed yet.
M3P

Does anyone else find themselves checking their Tesla account way too often!! :rolleyes:
Haha yes. Although because I am leasing nothing shows in my Tesla account and I’m desperate for info. Phoned up leasing company and got my RN but that’s all I’ve got other than a hazy date of mid-May from them. Nothing specific though. 😥

Thanks for the info guys. Seems like they just matched me with one on the boat from China which I believe means the newest interior 😁😁😁. Very excited, bit of a step up from my Renault Zoe with its 60 miles of range!! 😂
Think they have done the same with me Chris, I ordered 18th from the Inventory!

I do have a VIN which came through on my Tesla account forms a few days later of which I was notified by 2 texts last Monday.

Thanks for the info guys. Seems like they just matched me with one on the boat from China which I believe means the newest interior 😁😁😁. Very excited, bit of a step up from my Renault Zoe with its 60 miles of range!! 😂
Have you got your vin number?
Wondering if I should be worried yet about May delivery. I ordered a red SR+ In black interior with standard aero wheels, via Arval leasing. I got my Tesla RN confirmation text on March 20th. Then haven’t heard anything since. Seeing lots of other posts of people getting VIN numbers and delivery dates. Has anyone else with same configuration as me had a May delivery date?
Almost exact same situation here.

Standard white SR+ with black interior.

I have my initial text from Tesla with RN but nothing else from them.

I do have a vin though which apparently indicates my order is mapped to inventory on the ship.

Apparently Tesla wont arrange delivery until getting to my order on the system so I'm expecting this week or early next for confirmation. Fingers crossed because our current car goes back on 14th May! 😂😬

I do have a vin though which apparently indicates my order is mapped to inventory on the ship.

Apparently Tesla wont arrange delivery until getting to my order on the system so I'm expecting this week or early next for confirmation. Fingers crossed because our current car goes back on 14th May! 😂😬
Can I ask what the vin number is you have been allocated I have a M3LR coming with a vin number starting 220xxx just trying to get a feel for the number ranges being delivered this quarter

Good to know I’m not alone. I can’t see if I have a VIN yet because it’s a lease. But when I spoke to the leasing company a couple of weeks ago they said no vehicle was matched yet. Guess I’ll just wait and bite some more nails!