Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered the same (standard white M3 LR with no options) on 16th Feb with a requested delivery date of 21st May (when my current lease is due to end).

Received email from Tesla on 1st March confirming the order but have heard nothing from them since. Emailed the DeliveryGB address last week but no response so emailed the leasing company yesterday to see if they can get an update out of them :(
Finally received some correspondence from them One text on Saturday confirming VIN and registration number then another one yesterday giving me my order reference and saying that it's nearly here.

Hopefully will get the delivery date text soon. :)

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Just ordered my Tesla Sr+. Was told it was on a ship which has an eta of 24th June. Tried to work out which one but they all seem to be earlier. Is there another ship from Chine before July? Its a LRW*243* vin.
Other *243* cars are on the Hyperion Ray, so it’s probably actually on that ship but they’re giving you a later date for some reason, maybe that’s an eta to you

Other *243* cars are on the Hyperion Ray, so it’s probably actually on that ship but they’re giving you a later date for some reason, maybe that’s an eta to you
I'd agree with this, I was given the same ETA for my *242* SR+ but was told that they're deliberately overestimating by a couple of weeks since the Suez incident. I was subsequently offered a collection appointment for the 16th!

Anyone had any issues replying to text messages from Tesla? I keep getting ‘not delivered’. From the first message I got about the test drive appointment to the one just now about pick up tomorrow I’ve been unable to reply and had to ring them.

Anyone had any issues replying to text messages from Tesla? I keep getting ‘not delivered’. From the first message I got about the test drive appointment to the one just now about pick up tomorrow I’ve been unable to reply and had to ring them.
Sorry - I have never tried to reply. Always assumed it was a one-way update. I have always just rang them.

After responding yes last Tuesday to confirm delivery of the 22nd of June, Nothing has happened. So phoned customer services, Who texted my Vin 242xx and said they would generate my Invoice for the EST s that I can arrange payment.

Suppose its now time to work out what boat its on and follow the shipping forum

Reactions: D1939
Sorry - I have never tried to reply. Always assumed it was a one-way update. I have always just rang them.
Sorry I should have said the texts are asking me to reply ‘yes’ or ‘No’, to their question.

Spoke to Tesla and they said there is an issue with some phone/ networks, asked which network I’m on and which phone I had to pass on to the relevant team.

Sorry I should have said the texts are asking me to reply ‘yes’ or ‘No’, to their question.

Spoke to Tesla and they said there is an issue with some phone/ networks, asked which network I’m on and which phone I had to pass on to the relevant team.
Sorry you are right - now that you said that, I did reply Yes to the delivery date text but I also followed it up with a phone call as I had heard nothing from Tesla. Text worked fine for me. That was a week ago though

Reactions: D1939
Updating my earlier posts - for the information of anyone wondering what the order process is looking like right now.
  • 30 Apr: Used the chat and 'trade-in quotation' features on the Tesla website to ask some dumb questions. A helpful chap at Tesla UK called back to ask if I needed help with anything. He emailed later back some information, and a statement: 'I would expect the latest you would receive the vehicle would be early June'.
  • 1st May: I ordered a Model 3 AWD/LR Blue, 'from inventory', and paid the £100 deposit. No financing, no lease, no trade in. The site was showing 'Est. Delivery: June' for that vehicle from inventory (and its location was 'in transit')
  • 1st May: Automated email from Tesla arrived saying 'Thank You -Your Order is Confirmed' prompting me to go onto the site and enter further information (driving licence images, details of where I can take delivery etc.). The site updated to show 'Completed Tasks' including all these things and two attached documents: Booking Invoice and Order Agreement. The first of these includes VIN LRW3F7EB1MC236xxx
  • 3rd May: The Next Steps tab on the order page still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment"
  • 4th May: Received two SMS messages, the first saying "Congratulations on ordering ... " and the second saying "Your Tesla Account is now complete and we will contact you once ..."
  • 5th May: Emailed the helpful chap at Tesla UK, who responded with "It is currently on its way from China with an estimate arrival date of the 10th June"
  • 17th May: Received SMS "Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated..." and two hours later "Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery! Please select your preferred time within one day of receiving this message:...". The earliest available date was 1st June (at Brent Cross. London). I selected that, and an appointment confirmation email arrived a few minutes later.
  • 18th May: I called 01628 450 660 option 4 with various questions. Interesting responses included "The car has already made port in Southampton" and "It will be prepped for delivery on Friday 28th May". The VIN showing on my account hasn't changed from the one mentioned above.
  • 19th May: Received SMS "Tesla Update" including the time/date of my pickup at Brent Cross, a new different VIN and the registration number (they mention that it will not be finalised with the DVLA until the day of delivery). The new VIN is LRW3F7EB9MC218xxx.
  • 19th May: Emailed the deliveryGB team, mentioning that we'd actually be in the Southampton area in the next week, and asking whether we could pick up earlier from Southampton instead. I got an answer saying that the timings would not work, as the car would only actually be prepped for delivery on 28th May ...
  • 24th May: ... but then I got another call saying that in fact the car could be ready for pickup in Southampton any day this week. I said 'how about tomorrow?' (as my wife was still in the Southampton area)
  • 25th May: We have our lovely new Tesla! Pickup at the Mayflower Cruise Terminal was painless, and I'd have to say that the whole process has worked out nicely, even though it was a bit mysterious at times!
Good luck, and bon courage, to those still waiting. I hope you find, as we did, that the wait was worth it :)