Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up from Bluewater yesterday, easy enough collection.
No issues that I could see with the car. All paint work and panel gaps looked good. Also got the tyre valve caps which I heard some people were missing.
Spent all day driving it!
One quick question, does putting climate on through the app, precondition the battery on a cold morning? So it’s ready to drive Or is there another way to warm the battery (I don’t have a home charger yet)

No issues that I could see with the car. All paint work and panel gaps looked good. Also got the tyre valve caps which I heard some people were missing.
One quick question, does putting climate on through the app, precondition the battery on a cold morning? So it’s ready to drive Or is there another way to warm the battery (I don’t have a home charger yet)
Yep putting on the climate via the app will precondition the car.

Reactions: yfwt and D1939
Short answer is yes, however I’ve done various tests and find driving my car to work Cold to driving my car to work preheated is minimum difference. I use 14% battery to get to work preheated and 15% battery from cold. To preheat my car for half an hour takes up 4% of my battery Heating at full blast.
So I’m in simple terms it’s more efficient to get in the car cold and drive to work without preheating.

This might be interesting to any young drivers here (I'm 24) but I've just spent 2 hours on the phone and managed to get my Tesla M3 Performance insured for £805, which is crazily cheap for me considering the ridiculous prices I've been quoted online (£1300 - £7000). I'm insured with Admiral and already have a car with them so I think I got a small reduction for that.

The guy on the phone was brilliant and hell bent on getting me the cheapest price he could find. I feel like I got really lucky with the support but if you're young definitely check out Admiral and make sure you give them a ring.

I do have a substantial excess of £1150 (£500 voluntary) 😫 but I consider myself a safe driver (don't we all).

Tried ringing Churchill, I got some unhelpful support worker who point blank refused to insure me because it's owned by a business.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunstan
Hi all. Ahead of my scheduled pick up on 12 June I just had a message asking for cleared payment at least 7 days before or the order may be postponed. Is this normal?

I was planning on paying a day or 2 beforehand….

“Tesla Update - Payment for your Model 3 is now due. Please log in to your Tesla Account to see your invoice and payment details. Payment must be cleared at least 7 days prior to your appointment or it may be postponed. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected], including your order reference Xxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.”

The 7 days has in the past just been Tesla wanting the money in advance. No issues at all with them getting the money the day before and several occurrences, but not a recommendation, where people have said that they made final payment on the day and Tesla took sight of some form of confirmation as acceptable proof.

The 7 days has in the past just been Tesla wanting the money in advance. No issues at all with them getting the money the day before and several occurrences, but not a recommendation, where people have said that they made final payment on the day and Tesla took sight of some form of confirmation as acceptable proof.
Great - thank you. Didn’t want them passing my car off to someone else!!

Saturday delivery for me - I think from Brent Cross... :)
One more sleep!!!! Did you received the location where the collection has to occur?
I received the below location for Brent Cross collection. I am just wandering if there they will take away my trade in ICE as well

Attachments

• 76DC6B92-F3B4-4D77-AC4A-D6F5A0C6D4AC.jpeg
    76DC6B92-F3B4-4D77-AC4A-D6F5A0C6D4AC.jpeg
    646.9 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: ningpa
So 25th May I got My Invoice and noticed the following things.
1) Delivery date 17 June (Text had said 22 June)
2) Company name was wrong and as claiming Invoice needs to match EST paperwork
3) Vin number
4) Odometer 30 miles

So all good rang Tesla on 26th, Got company name changed, Later that day Credit note appeared on the account but no new invoice, 27th phoned again asking about the new invoice, told in progress later that day got a text saying my order had been updated, But nothing new on the account. 28th phone again informed that it was going to be pushed through, but there might be a glitch so if nothing changes to phone back. So far nothing has changed on the account and the old invoice and credit note is still there and no new invoiced raised.

Not panicking yet but it takes up to 10 working days for the EST to be paid out from submitting the documents.

On a Second point my Charger Grant from the Scottish Government has had its approval delayed as I didn't submit the Self employed, Comapany Car statement that's its for my own use.

So moral of the story is to make you read and double-check the paperwork etc as it will cause delays!

In an effort to resolve my deliberations on colour choice we took a trip to The Trafford Centre today and had a walk round the Tesla compound. Quite an impressive sight with at least 70 M3's sat waiting collection. I was torn between red and MSM and opted for red in the finish. Black interior and 19" wheels in case you wondered.

Got home, ordered via inventory using a referral code (whilst the option still exists - cheers Brian,) and got the Vin straight away on the order confirmation. Delivery June apparently.

It may be we were already looking at the car earlier today?

One oddity we noticed walking around the compound - most of the MSM or red M3's with 19" wheels had Hankook tyres. The rest all seemed to be Michelin.
Red is a good choice, though expensive. I bought MSM, came back one day to my car and a blue Model 3 was parked right beside it. Preferred the blue at that moment!
Yes, I believe it does now. A few months ago I started to get a new pictogram appear when I put the interior heating on from the App which I take to be battery heating engaged. Only goes on in cold weather. Definitely did not have this in Aug 2019 when I got the car, I think the update was in the autumn (2020).

Cost?
Lack of chips?
Lack of chips I can understand, but surely not cost? You'd have hoped if this is the case they would have updated current reservation holders. I've compared the website now to when I placed my order in December and it has definitely changed. You'd hope they would still install the same seat with the controls and say we will fit the chips to activate it at a later date, just come back in 6 months etc rather than totally removing the functionality.

Lack of chips I can understand, but surely not cost? You'd have hoped if this is the case they would have updated current reservation holders. I've compared the website now to when I placed my order in December and it has definitely changed. You'd hope they would still install the same seat with the controls and say we will fit the chips to activate it at a later date, just come back in 6 months etc rather than totally removing the functionality.
Tesla has a history of changing the unpublished 'spec' of new cars. Heated rear seats, new door trim, revised centre console, phone charger, laminated front windows, etc etc all came along without announcement or fanfare. The policy seems to be you get what you get.

I'd agree the tendency is usually to make things better, not worse, but we are also seeing the US M3 and MY being produced now without radar and a temporarily disabled autopilot.