Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you find out the leas
I sold my car last week and we're sharing a £500 Mini complete with two car seats in the back, that's on its last legs (that we also need to replace)

I got a note from Kinto today, who are the actual leasing company, I asked if I could add a referral for free miles and he said he'd get in touch with Tesla to try and sort. All good so far
How did you find out the lease company? Do NHS fleet send additional updates? Only email from them was the "vehicle has been ordered with manufacturer" and as I say, when I contact deliveries, they don't say much! My expectation for delivery is September.

How did you find out the leas

How did you find out the lease company? Do NHS fleet send additional updates? Only email from them was the "vehicle has been ordered with manufacturer" and as I say, when I contact deliveries, they don't say much! My expectation for delivery is September.
I got a text yesterday from Tesla confirming order and RN then today got an email from Kinto who are the actual leasing company confirming the order with the same reference

Reactions: PaulMD
That's decent for the mileage 👍 I've only got 6k miles on a white/black LR for £365/month with everything included
I feel hard done by now! I'm on a salary sacrifice scheme - £726.12 gross, which they quoted works out around £500 net cost (although I've worked it out to be cheaper if it deducts from my student loan - about £420). This doesn't include insurance, either, but does include servicing and tyres

I feel hard done by now! I'm on a salary sacrifice scheme - £726.12 gross, which they quoted works out around £500 net cost (although I've worked it out to be cheaper if it deducts from my student loan - about £420). This doesn't include insurance, either, but does include servicing and tyres
We get two options, the smaller salary sacrifice where you save on tax/NI or the larger gross figure where those payments stay the same. The latter is £970/month!

At the end of the day, what you can get is what you can get. The best personal leases available to Joe Public are loads more

Reactions: Matt1108
So I received an SMS earlier today confirming my delivery for tomorrow sometime 'between 8am and the end of the day'

I have now just received a delivery reminder email that gives the time of delivery as 7am

Which do I believe, SMS, Email or neither? Has anyone ever had a home delivery as early as 7am?

If you were to go for it I suspect Tesla will do everything in their power to get the sale completed before the end of Q2. They really don't like sitting on stock. The biggest potential hurdle would be financing (obviously this depends on what method you are choosing).
Cheers. Payment wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe best to call them tomorrow and ask.

So, here's a question (apologies if this overlaps too much with the leasing thread). We've finally had the vehicle-matching text and have been told we should be able to get the M3 more quickly if we are happy to pick up rather than get it delivered - which of course we are. (We've always had a rough ETA of 30th June and would prefer it brought forward a little because of a family holiday.) Delivery text due any day now, blah blah blah.

Anyway, here's a question - the NHS salary sacrifice jobby is in my wife's name, but (obviously!) I'm the other named driver. Given that the good lady doctor works during the week, are Tesla ever happy to hand over a vehicle to a named driver, or will she need to be there too?

Thank you kindly!

So, here's a question (apologies if this overlaps too much with the leasing thread). We've finally had the vehicle-matching text and have been told we should be able to get the M3 more quickly if we are happy to pick up rather than get it delivered - which of course we are. (We've always had a rough ETA of 30th June and would prefer it brought forward a little because of a family holiday.) Delivery text due any day now, blah blah blah.

Anyway, here's a question - the NHS salary sacrifice jobby is in my wife's name, but (obviously!) I'm the other named driver. Given that the good lady doctor works during the week, are Tesla ever happy to hand over a vehicle to a named driver, or will she need to be there too?

Thank you kindly!
Would imagine that it would have to be the contract holder... When did you get confirmation of the order, has it been pretty quick?

Would imagine that it would have to be the contract holder... When did you get confirmation of the order, has it been pretty quick?
Yeah, we thought so too, but we thought it was worth an ask (ditto of Tesla - all depends what days they offer us, when the time comes!).

I wouldn't say it's been quick to even get to this stage, but I'm sure others have had (much) worse experiences. We submitted everything on 30th March;
the fleet company placed the order on 22nd April; the lease company placed an order on 7th May; we had a text from Tesla with the RN number on 11th May; we finally had the text to say we'd been assigned a vehicle today (16th June). I'm still hopeful we can pick it up by the end of the month, but time will tell...!

Reactions: TesTed

Thank you kindly!
Hi,

I have the same issue and after speaking to a Tesla rep, they advised to ask the missus to send an email to [email protected] with the front and back of my driving licence and to explain that I would be picking up the car. Just as a back up I will take her driving licence as well as a signed letter from her. You never know.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Hi,

I have the same issue and after speaking to a Tesla rep, they advised to ask the missus to send an email to [email protected] with the front and back of my driving licence and to explain that I would be picking up the car. Just as a back up I will take her driving licence as well as a signed letter from her. You never know.
Great, thanks! That all sounds very sensible, re taking the driving license and a signed letter as well. Not that we've had the delivery text yet, but it's good to know we might not be stuck with weekends. :)

Reactions: jfrancis
What is the cutoff for this quarter, to get a car by the end of June at this late stage?

The one I want is a deep blue LR with 18 in Aero wheels and everything else standard.

There's 5 from current inventory in London in that exact spec. There's also one with 302 miles that comes with a £500 discount. But is it realistic for them to turn around an order that quickly?

If not would I really have to wait another 3 months to get one?

And is it likely to be a rejected vehicle this late in the quarter to be sitting there in inventory? Or is the fact there are 5 mean it's just not the spec people usually go for?

Thanks. Wondering whether it's worth pushing the button or waiting now?
I think I actually nabbed one of those 5 blue M3s you were looking at yesterday. It's definitely possible to turn the order around. I actually ordered in white, and they managed to switch my order over to blue (which meant updating the lease financing) in just a couple of hours. Luckily inventory was still there, as they can't allocate the inventory until the order has updated.

There's no harm in trying! Good luck!

Reactions: Nick77