Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, first post, it's certainly exciting and a real buzz of being part of the team waiting on their cars.

I've ordered a Silver Model 3 Standard Range+ through Zenith, receiving a Tesla confirmation order email on the 21st July. I've just got hold of my RN number. I decided to ring Tesla and spoke to a very friendly chap. He said the vehicle has been allocated and you should receive early September. This seems earlier than November which my leasing company seems to think.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Guess I just have to wait till I get the text I imagine?

Hi everyone, first post, it's certainly exciting and a real buzz of being part of the team waiting on their cars.

I've ordered a Silver Model 3 Standard Range+ through Zenith, receiving a Tesla confirmation order email on the 21st July. I've just got hold of my RN number. I decided to ring Tesla and spoke to a very friendly chap. He said the vehicle has been allocated and you should receive early September. This seems earlier than November which my leasing company seems to think.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Guess I just have to wait till I get the text I imagine?

The leasing company have no idea, whereas Tesla do :)

If it's anything like my leasing experience, you go to Tesla and pick up the car directly from them, the leasing company do nothing except collect the car at the end of the lease. So there's no delay between Tesla getting the car and you receiving it.

The next contact you'll get from Tesla is the confirmation of the delivery date.

I tried a similar thing last week. I got my RN on the 7th July and when I asked Tesla if they had a narrower delivery window than the 14 weeks I was given when ordering through my lease website; they said for me to ring my lease company and they'd provide me with all/relevant info.

Seems like I was just fobbed off 🤣

* Edit. It seems that Luke is more helpful than last weeks Tesla agent:

"Everything all looks to be in place. We will be in contact again soon with a SMS allowing you to book in for a delivery date. Your rough ETA on this date will be around the beginning of September"

Last edited:

If it's anything like my leasing experience, you go to Tesla and pick up the car directly from them, the leasing company do nothing except collect the car at the end of the lease. So there's no delay between Tesla getting the car and you receiving it.

The next contact you'll get from Tesla is the confirmation of the delivery date.

I placed my order for a lease Model 3 LR (white) at the end of June. Had a text 30th July saying a car has been allocated.

I phoned the Tesla number in the text today and was told to expect delivery in early September.

I asked what she meant by "delivery" and she said it would be delivered to my house.

Make of that what you will re: leased Tesla delivery/pick-up.

Hi I got mine through Zenith during Q2 they don’t have a scooby what going off. Your accurate updates will come from Tesla

I placed my order for a lease Model 3 LR (white) at the end of June. Had a text 30th July saying a car has been allocated.

I phoned the Tesla number in the text today and was told to expect delivery in early September.

I asked what she meant by "delivery" and she said it would be delivered to my house.

Make of that what you will re: leased Tesla delivery/pick-up.

Lucky you. Most of us have to make do with going to a Tesla delivery centre.

I didn't have a choice with my first car (the lease) - the lease company chose the place of delivery when they placed the order, and picked West Drayton! I live in Coventry.

This time around I was able to pick Birmingham NEC which is just down the A45 from me... cheap and easy to get a taxi!

Hello. I ordered a M3SR+ in midnight silver on June 23rd 2021 for collection in Glasgow. At the time of order I was verbally told "late August or September" for delivery.

I've just received a text saying "Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order. Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. We will be in contact soon to make delivery arrangements..."

No future information is visible on my Tesla account.

One step nearer to getting a car. 😀

And just to update, I've just received a text that my car is "ready to be scheduled for delivery".

I took the first available date, so will be picking it up on on 1st September in Glasgow. :)

And just to update, I've just received a text that my car is "ready to be scheduled for delivery".

I took the first available date, so will be picking it up on on 1st September in Glasgow. :)
I’ve just had the same text. Earliest date I could select for Glasgow was the 7th.

Once you’ve selected an appointment, you get a confirmation. But once you leave that page, there’s nothing anywhere to show that you have a slot booked? If I go back to my account page on the Tesla page, it still shows the same as before “preparing contract…”.

Is this what’s expected?

UPDATE: Never mind, received an email confirming the appointment. The countdown begins! :rolleyes:

Just had message to say my car is ready to be scheduled for pick up. I ordered 8th July and had choice of Sat 4th or Mon 6th September, so all in about a 8 week lead time from ordering. LR, MSM, Black interior, 19". Happy days. Hope all you guys waiting for your messages get them soon.
Hurrah!!!

Just received my text too. Sat 11th September at 11am. Pick up at Bluewater.

Had a similar text but the car is scheduled for delivery between 8am and the end of the day on the 1st September and for me to reply with my full address. I was under the impression I would have needed to pick the car up from a specified location. I live out in the sticks in North Wales if that makes any difference

Reactions: moodel_tree