Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my allocation text last Friday. I found a VIN in the webpage source pretty much immediately after receiving the text. I haven't had anything appear visibly on the account though.

I spotted my VIN in the page source the day before I received my allocation text. I’ve never seen the VIN anywhere else. Its not shown on my account page or any of the documents.

Urgh, I seem to be having a really odd Tesla order experience haha. I've been checking the source daily for a VIN, still nothing despite getting the text. How odd!

Although I say 'odd' experience, it seems to be common. Some people not getting their VIN until 48hrs before their delivery time.

I’ve had no texts but as the car is leased wondering if the lease company would have these instead. All I’ve had is a confirmation email from Tesla Enterprise when the order was placed.
It may depend on the leasing company but Leaseplan for example actually state all communication about delivery will go to the lease owner not themselves. They actually need the person to let them know when a delivery date is provided.
  • The first time Tesla give us an indication of a delivery date is when you have been allocated a vehicle, normally about 12 weeks from now. We won’t get any updates until then about the progress of your vehicle, where the vehicle currently is and any indication of the delivery date either. Tesla won’t confirm any of these details until they have allocated you a vehicle, at which point they will contact you by text. You’ll only have 48 hours to reply to this text before they reallocate your vehicle.
  • Please do get in touch as soon as you have an anticipated delivery date from Tesla as this won’t come to us.

Just had an odd email supposedly from Tesla asking me to sign an agreement via eOriginal. But looking at my account on the tesla site, I don't have any outstanding actions to complete (it's a lease from Tesla direct).

It feels like a phishing email - but wondered if anyone has seen anything similar themselves, before I just delete it?

Just had an odd email supposedly from Tesla asking me to sign an agreement via eOriginal. But looking at my account on the tesla site, I don't have any outstanding actions to complete (it's a lease from Tesla direct).

It feels like a phishing email - but wondered if anyone has seen anything similar themselves, before I just delete it?
This is correct. I thought it was a scam so checked with Tesla it is legit.

Urgh, I seem to be having a really odd Tesla order experience haha. I've been checking the source daily for a VIN, still nothing despite getting the text. How odd!

Although I say 'odd' experience, it seems to be common. Some people not getting their VIN until 48hrs before their delivery time.
I received my final invoice today (buying direct through Ltd company) which included my VIN. This is the first I have been formally informed of the VIN, though SA verbally confirmed the VIN I got from the source code

Reactions: moodel_tree
It may depend on the leasing company but Leaseplan for example actually state all communication about delivery will go to the lease owner not themselves. They actually need the person to let them know when a delivery date is provided.
It's with Lex Autolease. I have spoken to Tesla on chat and they assure me that the car will be delivered to my home on the 8th September.
It's just a little worrying that I've had no other contact.

Having search TMC I can't find anyone who has a Europe Q3 delivery earlier than me 17 Aug @ 9am. from Bristol (though I could have missed something). I am VIN 2984** and it is currently assumed to be unloading from PAGNA in Southampton. Soonest I've seen from other posts in this and other thread is someone in London on 18 Aug.

Anyway... Thought this might be good to ask people what I should look out for on my collection and report back as I know where has been some subtle differences between builds in past quarters. I know to check for the presence of the passenger side lumbar support and vaguely something about them changing the batteries (though no idea how to check which I've got) anything else I should report back on Tuesday?

Having search TMC I can't find anyone who has a Europe Q3 delivery earlier than me 17 Aug @ 9am. from Bristol (though I could have missed something). I am VIN 2984** and it is currently assumed to be unloading from PAGNA in Southampton. Soonest I've seen from other posts in this and other thread is someone in London on 18 Aug.

Anyway... Thought this might be good to ask people what I should look out for on my collection and report back as I know where has been some subtle differences between builds in past quarters. I know to check for the presence of the passenger side lumbar support and vaguely something about them changing the batteries (though no idea how to check which I've got) anything else I should report back on Tuesday?
I’m picking up in Manchester on the 18th. That was the earliest date I could choose

First post! So hello! Pulled the trigger on a M3P (black with black interior) with my companies lease car scheme. They passed it to the purchasing area who clearly did something. Got an email from Tesla to reset a password on the Tesla website yesterday (11th) which I did and made sure my address etc was cool. Got a text this morning (12th) with an order reference and email from some enterprise order confirmation from Tesla this afternoon. Must try not be like an excited little kid now I'm in the waiting game!!

I'm guessing from the previous posts it looks like it takes about 3 months for a car to turn up, so I may see something October, November time? I take it the fact there are ones showing in the available inventory don't matter as I won't be matched to one of them?