Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a theory and this is just a possibility, nothing confirmed. Actually bit of a long shot. In general the assignments happen just before/after the ship sets sail from Shanghai. The people getting assignments 10-12th August seem to all be waiting for a delivery date. The only ship to depart towards Europe in that timescale was DIONYSOS LEADER. However we ruled this ship out as after Singapore she suddenly went to India and did 2 stops there. These were not originally scheduled stops. Even NYK liner scheduled showed that DIONYSOS regular schedule was replaced by another ship. It does however have a new schedule where it shows destination Turkey on 8th September, so after it gets through Suez around 4th September we will have a better idea if this theory even remotely holds.
I ordered on the 21st Aug and had been assigned a car the 24th Aug, delivery date is the 25th Sep. I think by your updates my car may be on ELEKTRA.

There’s a bunch of us who got allocation texts around the 12th August, which the general consensus is that means the car is on a ship. Yet we’re still waiting for delivery dates.

I believe we’re all in the 315-325*** region of VINs.
Ordered 030821. Allocation text 130821. Nothing since regards my white M3LR. When i have tried to find out more Tesla just tell me delivery should be expected sometime around 230921 and I won’t get any update until about 10-12 days before delivery.
(Using the source code technique suggested by another owner I found a VIN which is in this bracket of VINs so well done on working this out!)

Reactions: londonev
Admiral are also the most competitive for me currently too, which is good, as I’ve had good experiences with them before.
Give LV a try. I was quoted £489 for myself and my wife on full business use on M3 LR. Then realised her insurance was with LV and they came back with £326 for 11 months on multicar.

Very happy with that after the first quote I got for £2800! I wouldn't mind if I was young but at 53 and 14 years NCB, I'm sure I'm not that much of a risk!!!

Reactions: teaston
Tesla leeds are now too small and can’t collect there but I also can’t get delivery to home so have to go to Manchester when I eventually get a date.
anyone fancy giving me a lift in their new toy??
Give the delivery number a call. I was told I had to go to Manchester to collect when I ordered through Leeds.

When I called they told me they'd do home delivery rather than Manchester collection. Saves me a 200 mile round trip.

Got this email on august 24th from my lease company, but no text from Tesla with allocation confirmation of delivery date…

Tesla have sent me the updated spreadsheet and your specification has been matched to a vehicle now, please see below VIN number, we are still waiting for the reg numbers to be allocated.

We have now authorised Tesla to contact you once all is in place and arrange delivery.

VIN: LRW3F7EKXMC329XXX“

Am I the only one Tesla is promising a September delivery (and told my car is on a ship) and still don't have a delivery date lol.

Nope, same here. Very inconsistent information from them. I go on holiday on the 25th September so can’t collect after then.

There’s a bunch of us who got allocation texts around the 12th August, which the general consensus is that means the car is on a ship. Yet we’re still waiting for delivery dates.

I believe we’re all in the 315-325*** region of VINs.

I’m also in the exact same position, text on the 12th, but nothing since

No same for me - I keep getting told end of September, I have told them when I am away. I have had one guy say probably the 29th. But nothing definite.

Same for me. Ordered mid July, allocation on the 11th after pestering my SA and him also being unnerved that my order hadn’t seen an allocation yet.

VIN 326*

I was originally promised a first or second week of September delivery date, although as time went on I knew I wouldn’t be seeing a pre-late September delivery.

I have a wedding and a few days away on the 29th and was expecting to have the car weeks before hand. How wrong was I for trusting Tesla hahaha

Anyway, my only other major concern is how much insurance is going up if they only tell me a delivery date 10 days before hand… I’ve done quotes, but can’t stomach any more than the already ludicrous £1.8k quote (I hate London, it used to be £400 when I was up north).

Reactions: Drewdude and WKZ12
Same for me. Ordered mid July, allocation on the 11th after pestering my SA and him also being unnerved that my order hadn’t seen an allocation yet.

VIN 326*

I was originally promised a first or second week of September delivery date, although as time went on I knew I wouldn’t be seeing a pre-late September delivery.

I have a wedding and a few days away on the 29th and was expecting to have the car weeks before hand. How wrong was I for trusting Tesla hahaha

Anyway, my only other major concern is how much insurance is going up if they only tell me a delivery date 10 days before hand… I’ve done quotes, but can’t stomach any more than the already ludicrous £1.8k quote (I hate London, it used to be £400 when I was up north).

Ouch! Fingers crossed for you. £1,800 is madness. Used to pay that around 13 years ago as a new driver in Northern Ireland (who insurance companies usually hate lol)

Give LV a try. I was quoted £489 for myself and my wife on full business use on M3 LR. Then realised her insurance was with LV and they came back with £326 for 11 months on multicar.

Very happy with that after the first quote I got for £2800! I wouldn't mind if I was young but at 53 and 14 years NCB, I'm sure I'm not that much of a risk!!!
LV are coming out £300 more for me. I use confused.com which searches just about all insurers except for direct line I think.

VIN 326*

Am I the only one Tesla is promising a September delivery (and told my car is on a ship) and still don't have a delivery date lol.
Same here. Ordered my M3LR from ‘Available Inventory’ on the 12/08 and given my VIN (321) immediately. Told September delivery but haven’t heard anything as yet. My account still says ‘We are drafting up your contract’
It would be a great addition to the next Tesla app update if there was a way to track your vehicle from factory to delivery. It’s obviously possible and would certainly stop thousands of phone calls asking the same question.

VIN 326*

Long time lurker - first time poster....

@moodel_tree I have also recevied the same story from Tesla about delivery times

Ordered: Inventory M3LR (in Red)
Method: I ordered through tesla.com on Aug 13th got my RN number then handed that to my leasing company (SG Fleet) to take over.
VIN (322***): Whilst the order was in my account (its now gone because of leasing takeover) I had a VIN number in the booking invoice immediately after paying the deposit.
Delivery: I was phoning / online chatting as much as I could to find out info, originally this was beginning tomid-september. Then around the 20th August tesla told me mid-september. I'm unable to ask tesla directly about my car as its with the leasing company, but the lease company now say delivery 29th september. So what tesla were oringally saying was either inaccurate, or there was a fairly large scheduling change IMO.

Also I asked my leasing company to request collection as they were orginally going to deliver it. I quite like the idea of being super excited and andrendaline pumped on the way to collect my new wheels!

good luck everyone!

Reactions: moodel_tree