Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loving the flurry of collection texts. Congrats to everyone getting booked in!

I just spoke to my SA who told me because I ordered so close to the Sept/Nov deadline (the one Tesla don't even make public), they currently have no vehicles to allocate to me for a Sept delivery irrespective of what my confirmation emails tell me (Sept delivery). I'm essentially at the back of the queue and should expect a November delivery unless someone with the same spec as me can't collect or outright cancels.

Frustrating would be an understatement right now.
I just had the almost identical conversation following the mistake texts sent out earlier. Looks like November for me too unless someone with my spec can’t make a delivery date or pulls out

So it's arrived! Only been out for a quick spin but definitely happy so far. The acceleration is insane, going to take some getting used to for sure. I also got the mud flaps to attach (it's a SR+). Came with about 80 miles of charge. Everyone who's still waiting I'm sure you won't be disappointed :) that was a long 2.5 months!

As it's a lease it hasn't yet shown up on my Tesla account/app, once that's done want to try out the local super charger. We don't have a charger at home so yet it's currently plugged in with the granny charger through the front window of our terrace house, not ideal!

That's interesting, so they would have had the car prepped and delivered to Bluewater from Southampton in 2 days?
There isn't much prep that happens, a bit of paperwork and screw on some number plates. Part of the reason Tesla have built up a bad reputation for build quality over the years is the lack of dealer PDI before a vehicle is handed over.

I expect it will be seen as a modification that makes your car more desirable, and that increases its value too
That's not really how it works

Insurance is based on statistical models. Their data will probably show that wrapped cars cost them more in clams. Possibly because of a particular demographic that typically wraps cars etc. The cost of replacing the wrap after a repair is unlikely to factor into it very much. If you don't tell them (and if the assessor notices when he examines the wreckage) then your insurance is void. End of story.

Also different insurance brands put different weightings on various factors in order for the underwriters to balance out the risks they are taking. It could be that they don't want wrapped cars bundled in with the mid-40s careful parents group of policies so they price them out. You may need to find the insurers who take on the rich boy racers group. They might charge much less extra for it being wrapped, but may charge more for other reasons.
Or maybe people who wrap cars are a small group who are typically willing to pay more so there's no competition.

Also there is no such thing as under-insured. Something is either insured or it's not. The idea that if you insure something for half it's true value then you can get half the payout is completely false. If you insure something for the wrong value or the wrong description then it's not just the replacement payout that's affected - it also affects the assessment of how likely it is to be stolen, how well people look after it and all sorts of other factors.

Reactions: IAmNotARobot
It said Sept. That's what's so frustrating. They even have it on their system as Sept.
TBH I think there is no real time update on the website.

At one time switching from SR+, LR and Performance would change the delivery month, but if you changed interiors or exterior colour, the delivery would not change, which is highly suspicious as we all know some configs are far less popular (hence produced) then others.

I suspect they have a rough internal cut off date and a few unlucky ones spill over to the next quarter. Very frustrating indeed.

That's not really how it works

Insurance is based on statistical models. Their data will probably show that wrapped cars cost them more in clams. Possibly because of a particular demographic that typically wraps cars etc. The cost of replacing the wrap after a repair is unlikely to factor into it very much. If you don't tell them (and if the assessor notices when he examines the wreckage) then your insurance is void. End of story.

Also different insurance brands put different weightings on various factors in order for the underwriters to balance out the risks they are taking. It could be that they don't want wrapped cars bundled in with the mid-40s careful parents group of policies so they price them out. You may need to find the insurers who take on the rich boy racers group. They might charge much less extra for it being wrapped, but may charge more for other reasons.
Or maybe people who wrap cars are a small group who are typically willing to pay more so there's no competition.

Also there is no such thing as under-insured. Something is either insured or it's not. The idea that if you insure something for half it's true value then you can get half the payout is completely false. If you insure something for the wrong value or the wrong description then it's not just the replacement payout that's affected - it also affects the assessment of how likely it is to be stolen, how well people look after it and all sorts of other factors.
btw, since we are on the insurance topic. Aviva quoted me a whopping £3k for comprehensive with £900 excess!!!!

Lowest I found is admiral at approx £1.3k - I was expecting a hefty premium, just not THIS much....

btw, since we are on the insurance topic. Aviva quoted me a whopping £3k for comprehensive with £900 excess!!!!

Lowest I found is admiral at approx £1.3k - I was expecting a hefty premium, just not THIS much....
When I called Churchill directly and enquired about changing my coverage to Model 3, I was told I'd have to pay £1200 extra for the remainder of my policy (5 months!!) plus my compulsory excess was £600.

Went on confused, Churchill is £1300 for the year, £300 compulsory excess.

Got another "reminder" text asking to reply with my address (which I already had!) so just called and they confirmed it over the phone instead. I know some were having problems texting a landline but mine looked like it had gone through, so not sure what happened.

Edit - Just seen someone on one of the Facebook groups say the same, apparently Tesla have said they've had problems with EE, Tesco and Sky mobile customers. If you have replied with your delivery address and not had any confirmation, it can't hurt to call and check 👍

Last edited:
Paid my deposit this morning along with completing the bank paperwork (I’m financing via Lloyds PCP). The bank sent the money to Tesla but annoyingly they don’t allow you to set a reference for the payment and used my licence number and surname. Had to call Tesla to explain who now have to find the payment and allocate it to my order.

Any one any idea how long this takes? My deposit showed within an hour. Getting paranoid that something will screw up somewhere!