Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid my deposit on 25th August and I havent received reg number yet. Maybe something will come through this week. Also picking up from Brent Cross on 18th!

Damn, can anyone else confirm they are only exntensions for front mudflaps, and that rear are not included? I recently returned my after market set😅
I paid my deposit on 25th August and I havent received reg number yet. Maybe something will come through this week. Also picking up from Brent Cross on 18th!

Damn, can anyone else confirm they are only exntensions for front mudflaps, and that rear are not included? I recently returned my after market set😅

Did you pay the outstanding balance? maybe drop a email to [email protected]

Reactions: moodel_tree
Hi folks - I'm new around here. Starting to feel the sting of new Tesla ordering madness setting in...

Ordered my blue M3 LR back in late June, was offered a date for collection later that same week (presumably due to quarter ending shenanigans), but was too short notice for me, so had to say no.

I've kept calling to speak to sales/delivery reps, but what was estimated as an August delivery has now been and gone, and after speaking with someone last week I've been told that my order is still unallocated. I'm struggling to see how as I can see so many community members here with later order dates/earlier delivery dates. The person I spoke was a little confused as to why my order was showing as unallocated, but told me that they have no possible way of seeing if my car will be allocated this month. I was told that if I am unallocated by the end of September, then it's likely that the next shipment won't be here until November.

Waiting aside (I can handle a little longer to wait), this scenario would present a massive problem for me as my current car lease (which I'm planning on trading in as part of my Tesla order) expires at the end of November so I might end up playing a game of chicken to see if I have a car at all by the end of the month.

This is all a bit odd right? I'm a bit stumped about what to do.

2021 M3 LR: Blue, Black Interior, 18" Aero
Ordered: 21/06/21 | Allocated: - | VIN: - | Delivery Txt: - | DD: - | Collection: Leeds

Reactions: moodel_tree
Hi folks - I'm new around here. Starting to feel the sting of new Tesla ordering madness setting in...

Ordered my blue M3 LR back in late June, was offered a date for collection later that same week (presumably due to quarter ending shenanigans), but was too short notice for me, so had to say no.

I've kept calling to speak to sales/delivery reps, but what was estimated as an August delivery has now been and gone, and after speaking with someone last week I've been told that my order is still unallocated. I'm struggling to see how as I can see so many community members here with later order dates/earlier delivery dates. The person I spoke was a little confused as to why my order was showing as unallocated, but told me that they have no possible way of seeing if my car will be allocated this month. I was told that if I am unallocated by the end of September, then it's likely that the next shipment won't be here until November.

Waiting aside (I can handle a little longer to wait), this scenario would present a massive problem for me as my current car lease (which I'm planning on trading in as part of my Tesla order) expires at the end of November so I might end up playing a game of chicken to see if I have a car at all by the end of the month.

This is all a bit odd right? I'm a bit stumped about what to do.

2021 M3 LR: Blue, Black Interior, 18" Aero
Ordered: 21/06/21 | Allocated: - | VIN: - | Delivery Txt: - | DD: - | Collection: Leeds
Hi, and welcome to the wondrous and confusing world of Tesla!....although you seem to have some experience in that already.

Firstly, yes, that all seems very odd. I can only assume that because you said "no" back in June that you went to the back of the queue and/or your order was on hold in some way. If you've not been allocated by now then I would say a November delivery is most likely.

As regards your current car, and depending on what make/model it is, I wouldn't p/ex it with Tesla. Go to either Motorway or Wizzle and see what they think you'll likely get for your car. I was offered £7k more with Motorway than the Tesla value. This then gives you a couple of options: -

1) Pay off your Lease early (which I presume won't cost much seeing as it ends in November anyway)
2) Use the likely increased valuation of your car to hire a cheap runaround for a week or 2 to get you to "collection day"
3) Depending on what amount you get for your current car, use the equity to pay towards your Tesla (assuming you are a personal customer rather than business?

Just my thoughts.

Hi, and welcome to the wondrous and confusing world of Tesla!....although you seem to have some experience in that already.

Firstly, yes, that all seems very odd. I can only assume that because you said "no" back in June that you went to the back of the queue and/or your order was on hold in some way. If you've not been allocated by now then I would say a November delivery is most likely.

As regards your current car, and depending on what make/model it is, I wouldn't p/ex it with Tesla. Go to either Motorway or Wizzle and see what they think you'll likely get for your car. I was offered £7k more with Motorway than the Tesla value. This then gives you a couple of options: -

1) Pay off your Lease early (which I presume won't cost much seeing as it ends in November anyway)
2) Use the likely increased valuation of your car to hire a cheap runaround for a week or 2 to get you to "collection day"
3) Depending on what amount you get for your current car, use the equity to pay towards your Tesla (assuming you are a personal customer rather than business?

Just my thoughts.
That's super-helpful - thanks! I'll take a look at Motorway/Wizzle. It's an M-Sport BMW X3 (2018) so part ex should still give a good amount for a cheap hire car and/or some equity towards the Tesla. I'm about to do a 1000-mile road trip which I was hoping to be able to do in the Model 3 so that'll probably bump the value down a bit.

The delivery guy I spoke to on the phone seemed mighty confused and mumbled something about 'should have been allocated by now' so I'm resigned to be thinking that it's going to be November now. :(

I think the thing that really annoyed me here is that when I got the call about taking delivery the same week of my order in June, I didn't agree to it. I just said maybe and that I'd let them know and the sales guy went gung ho and allocated me a collection time. So if I've been bumped to the back of the queue because of this, it's really not my fault at all.

That's super-helpful - thanks! I'll take a look at Motorway/Wizzle. It's an M-Sport BMW X3 (2018) so part ex should still give a good amount for a cheap hire car and/or some equity towards the Tesla. I'm about to do a 1000-mile road trip which I was hoping to be able to do in the Model 3 so that'll probably bump the value down a bit.

The delivery guy I spoke to on the phone seemed mighty confused and mumbled something about 'should have been allocated by now' so I'm resigned to be thinking that it's going to be November now. :(

I think the thing that really annoyed me here is that when I got the call about taking delivery the same week of my order in June, I didn't agree to it. I just said maybe and that I'd let them know and the sales guy went gung ho and allocated me a collection time. So if I've been bumped to the back of the queue because of this, it's really not my fault at all.
No worries.

Re mileage on your current car, I wouldn't worry too much. Best thing to do when using Motorway (or Wizzle) is to add on an amount of mileage you think you might do but, from my experience, it didn't seem to hurt the valuation much, if at all.

I was checking what the price "might be" almost every day. I think, in the space of about 10 days, the price went up £3k! Dealers are crying out for decent used cars at the moment and they compete with each other when your car advert goes live. When I sold mine, the dealer that bought it actually said he didn't care how much extra mileage I put on the car between them agreeing to buy it versus when they pick it up. The only thing to be aware of is, once they've agreed a price with you, you'll get maybe a week's grace before they want to collect it. My car gets picked up tomorrow. I've never been such a careful driver!! 🤣

Try the inventory page - I head there and it comes up pretty much straight away
1630945383605.png

Failing that, try a different browser?