Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks - I'm new around here. Starting to feel the sting of new Tesla ordering madness setting in...

Ordered my blue M3 LR back in late June, was offered a date for collection later that same week (presumably due to quarter ending shenanigans), but was too short notice for me, so had to say no.

I've kept calling to speak to sales/delivery reps, but what was estimated as an August delivery has now been and gone, and after speaking with someone last week I've been told that my order is still unallocated. I'm struggling to see how as I can see so many community members here with later order dates/earlier delivery dates. The person I spoke was a little confused as to why my order was showing as unallocated, but told me that they have no possible way of seeing if my car will be allocated this month. I was told that if I am unallocated by the end of September, then it's likely that the next shipment won't be here until November.

Waiting aside (I can handle a little longer to wait), this scenario would present a massive problem for me as my current car lease (which I'm planning on trading in as part of my Tesla order) expires at the end of November so I might end up playing a game of chicken to see if I have a car at all by the end of the month.

This is all a bit odd right? I'm a bit stumped about what to do.

2021 M3 LR: Blue, Black Interior, 18" Aero
Ordered: 21/06/21 | Allocated: - | VIN: - | Delivery Txt: - | DD: - | Collection: Leeds
This is pretty much what happened to me. All was fine and I waited, but then others Who ordered way after were getting allocations. I rang Tesla and they said that not all of the process in my account had been completed, even though they had. I was told I needed to supply a driving licence which I had supplied two months earlier, which the lady subsequently found!

I have ended up having to ring several times to sort. Are you using third party finance? That’s what seemed to give me an issue.

Reactions: moodel_tree
That's super-helpful - thanks! I'll take a look at Motorway/Wizzle. It's an M-Sport BMW X3 (2018) so part ex should still give a good amount for a cheap hire car and/or some equity towards the Tesla. I'm about to do a 1000-mile road trip which I was hoping to be able to do in the Model 3 so that'll probably bump the value down a bit.

The delivery guy I spoke to on the phone seemed mighty confused and mumbled something about 'should have been allocated by now' so I'm resigned to be thinking that it's going to be November now. :(

I think the thing that really annoyed me here is that when I got the call about taking delivery the same week of my order in June, I didn't agree to it. I just said maybe and that I'd let them know and the sales guy went gung ho and allocated me a collection time. So if I've been bumped to the back of the queue because of this, it's really not my fault at all.
I got a great deal from Cazoo on my BMW 4 series 2017 model a couple of hundred better than motorway and much better than Tesla.

Tried that on both custom and existing inventory. Tried on my phone and two iPads, chrome and safari 🙈
There is a reply somewhere in this stream - it does not unless you are on a computer not on tablets or phones. I struggle but can get it to come up on my Mac. Try inventory as suggested or try creating a new order and scroll down. Just don’t accept the new order lol

This is pretty much what happened to me. All was fine and I waited, but then others Who ordered way after were getting allocations. I rang Tesla and they said that not all of the process in my account had been completed, even though they had. I was told I needed to supply a driving licence which I had supplied two months earlier, which the lady subsequently found!

I have ended up having to ring several times to sort. Are you using third party finance? That’s what seemed to give me an issue.
Thanks Rich. No - I found the ordering process went OK....no issues with finance (using Tesla PCH) or applying my trade-in. Had all the documents uploaded and confirmed within a few days of placing the order.

The only weird thing that happened (other than my order being allocated in June without me agreeing) is that my final price to pay was (still is) showing as negative due to the value of my trade-in. They haven't yet worked out the difference between the settlement figure on my BMW lease and the trade in value to apply to my order so as it stands it looks like Tesla are going to pay me £20K+ when I collect!

I will call again I think and see if they've found out what the problem is.

Ordered: 21/06/21 | Allocated: - | VIN: - | Delivery Txt: - | DD: - | Collection: Leeds

Thanks Rich. No - I found the ordering process went OK....no issues with finance (using Tesla PCH) or applying my trade-in. Had all the documents uploaded and confirmed within a few days of placing the order.

The only weird thing that happened (other than my order being allocated in June without me agreeing) is that my final price to pay was (still is) showing as negative due to the value of my trade-in. They haven't yet worked out the difference between the settlement figure on my BMW lease and the trade in value to apply to my order so as it stands it looks like Tesla are going to pay me £20K+ when I collect!

I will call again I think and see if they've found out what the problem is.

Interesting because I have pretty much the same as you, I. E. Account is showing a negative balance of around 22k, when I read the small print of the trade in offer my understanding was that they will refund the amount within 2 weeks of the handover. Therefore they are expecting my trade in vehicle to be fully paid for before exchange. I would be interested to hear what they say if you ask them.

Interesting because I have pretty much the same as you, I. E. Account is showing a negative balance of around 22k, when I read the small print of the trade in offer my understanding was that they will refund the amount within 2 weeks of the handover. Therefore they are expecting my trade in vehicle to be fully paid for before exchange. I would be interested to hear what they say if you ask them.
I called to ask them about it when I got the final offer back as it seemed so odd. The explanation that a member of the finance team gave me was that the Tesla website is not configured to handle such large value part-exchanges and that the final monthly sum will be calculated manually by a member of their team before collection.

This kind of makes sense to me as given the delays that I (and many others have noticed), there's no way of Tesla being able to confirm what the equity in my current car would be to apply to the trade in until there is some certainty over collection date. I sent them a settlement letter from BMW in June and they've not asked for another yet.

Got my text!! Only issue I now have - I’m abroad and over here it doesn’t let me text landlines !! 👀👀🙈🙈🙈
I also cannot get on their live chat (iphone, iPad, remote connecting to my home pc) - just doesn’t pop up. They haven’t replied to my email I sent Thursday last week. This is gutting - I might lose allocation because some wombat thinks it’s okay to text from a landline (I can reply to landlines in the UK)

Last edited:
Got my text!! Only issue I now have - I’m abroad and over here it doesn’t let me text landlines !! 👀👀🙈🙈🙈
I also cannot get on their live chat (iphone, iPad, remote connecting to my home pc) - just doesn’t pop up. They haven’t replied to my email I sent Thursday last week. This is gutting - I might lose allocation because some wombat thinks it’s okay to text from a landline (I can reply to landlines in the UK)
I’d just give them a call on the number they include in the texts, if you are able to, I’m sure they’d be able to sort that out without replying to the text

I finally got some info out of my SA regarding our order (M3LR, red/white/19, placed Aug 8). Apparently we missed a September allocation because we hadn't specified a pickup location when ordering! A delivery agent was supposed to contact us to fill in the missing info, but it's been complete radio silence from Tesla until now.

Clearly this is just an excuse - we specified the NEC when we placed the order. It was right there on the order page, below the driver's license upload section. Their back-end systems and procedures are just not fit for purpose. In future, I'll be sure to screen-capture all online interaction with Tesla.

So now we have to wait until November. Meanwhile, we've insisted our order is fully reviewed to ensure there are no more missing pieces. Not a good start to Tesla ownership. The least they could do is throw in some free SC miles...

Hi everyone, new joiner here. Recently placed my order thanks to all the expert advice on the forum!

M3SR+/White/19 placed on 3rd September
Finance approved 3rd September
Awaiting trade in confirmation

How long does it typically take to get a trade in offer once all the information has been uploaded, and if you accept can you cancel the trade in later?

Hi everyone, new joiner here. Recently placed my order thanks to all the expert advice on the forum!

How long does it typically take to get a trade in offer once all the information has been uploaded, and if you accept can you cancel the trade in later?
Hi, and welcome.

The receipt of a trade-in valuation is pretty quick, from memory. Usually next day. Unsure about cancelling trade-in but the valuation is only "good" for 60 days so may expire before you get your Tesla.

Of course, I don't know your circumstances, but make sure you check prices elsewhere before you accept Tesla's offer. Try Motorway/Wizzle/Cazoo etc. I got WAY more money from Motorway for mine.

Hi, and welcome.

The receipt of a trade-in valuation is pretty quick, from memory. Usually next day. Unsure about cancelling trade-in but the valuation is only "good" for 60 days so may expire before you get your Tesla.

Of course, I don't know your circumstances, but make sure you check prices elsewhere before you accept Tesla's offer. Try Motorway/Wizzle/Cazoo etc. I got WAY more money from Motorway for mine.
Thanks for the advice. I think that might the reason why I haven’t got my valudation because it’s over 60 days away. I did get an offer from motorway for £2k more so most likely will go with that. Just wanted a backup option with Tesla. Might be simpler just to say no trade in.

This is the way.

Just sold mine today on Motorway for a VERY good price. The market is crazy right now. 3 weeks to my collection though so will be a hire car for couple weeks, still worth it :cool:

This is the way.

Just sold mine today on Motorway for a VERY good price. The market is crazy right now. 3 weeks to my collection though so will be a hire car for couple weeks, still worth it :cool:
Yep, that's what I've done. Got a one way hire car. It's a Prius PHEV which was sort of a nice surprise as I was able to try out my wall charger ahead of the Tesla pick up.

Motorway (or rather the collection company they use) picked my car up today 😥. Poor bloke had to wait around for nearly 2 hours whilst we waited for the dealer to transfer me the money.

Paid Tesla the remainder now, which was a bit scary. Was a lot of money to transfer and took an age to update on my account page! All good tho.

Was only a couple of days for me. And yes you can then cancel the trade in (I did) as like many others here I was offered more elsewhere.