Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A
I would to, I think I'm the same spec as you, with a later order date and I have a September delivery.

From what I've learned during this though, the Tesla order experience is rough. I certainly prefer it to having to talk to a *shudder* sales person, but their whole priority system is just completely broken. I had to chase to get an allocation, chase to get a VIN and chase for delivery. Only politely contacting once every 1-2 weeks and even then I think they were getting annoyed as the tone change as time went on was noticable.

People who ordered later than me, same spec and delivery location, are picking up now or mid September. Which also burns as I was told to expect a first or second week delivery date when I ordered and all the way to the end of August, only to have the delivery fall on the second to last day of September and fall on a wedding, one of the only dates I would need the car by -- bloody typical. Given the initial estimates I never even thought about the two conflicting. But now I have to worry about taking all our luggage across London to collect the car and immediately go on a several hundred mile road trip for a few days. I'd have liked to have had it for a week before hand to get used to it, set it all up and note any issues. I bloody hope the car is fine and there are no delays, or it will royally screw me over.

Obviously not as bad as you, but on the Teslike delivery tracker, I'm one of the longer/longest order to delivery windows at over 70+ days. Tesla really need to get their act together in how they prioritise a treat people dropping £50k on a car. Its not fun getting left behind for no reason because a system just decides not to allocate your order.
Apt .Regarding the tone change I did notice that as well.I wonder if it’s Tesla or just our customer care attitudes here in UK.

Hi all,

Also new to this thread… I have ordered a white m3 LR black interior through work lease company.

Apparently the order was placed yesterday but so far don’t have an RN. When I asked the lease company they said it sometimes takes up to 2 weeks to come through from Tesla! Does this sound accurate or are they just not wanting to give me the number for some reason?

I’ve had nothing from Tesla themselves so I’ve nothing to confirm the order has been placed apart from the lease company’s say so.

in addition to what @teason has said about leasing companies taking their time, I have also experienced this. When I ordered my tesla through the leasing company I said the one I want is in existing inventory, they suggested that I order the tesla myself (put down £100 deposit) then pass the RN on to them to "take it over" as they call it. Tesla are well aware of this way of doing things. I just meant I could order exactly what I wanted then give it to leasing company to sort out.

Leasing Co. took over the order a week later (after many many phone calls to make them hurry up because tesla were hassling me to complete all the information) and tesla refunded my deposit within 3 days of that. Because I ordered inventory I had both the RN and the VIN immediately as it appears on the booking invoice. The order then dissappeared from both my online and app accounts but I've been able to discuss the car with tesla throughout the whole process using my RN.

hope that gives a little more incite for you.

Edit: HA just as I posted this, I got my reg via text!

Reactions: moodel_tree
in addition to what @teason has said about leasing companies taking their time, I have also experienced this. When I ordered my tesla through the leasing company I said the one I want is in existing inventory, they suggested that I order the tesla myself (put down £100 deposit) then pass the RN on to them to "take it over" as they call it. Tesla are well aware of this way of doing things. I just meant I could order exactly what I wanted then give it to leasing company to sort out.

Leasing Co. took over the order a week later (after many many phone calls to make them hurry up because tesla were hassling me to complete all the information) and tesla refunded my deposit within 3 days of that. Because I ordered inventory I had both the RN and the VIN immediately as it appears on the booking invoice. The order then dissappeared from both my online and app accounts but I've been able to discuss the car with tesla throughout the whole process using my RN.

hope that gives a little more incite for you.

Edit: HA just as I posted this, I got my reg via text!
Thanks for the insight.

I sort of knew that this was a common thing as the lady I saw at Tesla Stockport suggested this when I did a test drive.

However, i wasn’t sure if this was doable with the leasing company I have used and also there was no existing inventory at the time.

The lease company have today given me a date of 6/12 for estimated delivery which I believe is just a rough guide they have given and nothing to do with Teslas estimate. Not sure what I can do expedite things as if that’s the way they operate then not much I can do at this point.

Just don’t want to miss the Nov delivery window if they drag their feet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Also received text with Reg, BUT...reg doesnt bring anything up when I enter it on the insurance website. Guessing has to do with the fact they don't register with DVLA until day on collection.

So what do? How do I get the insurance sorted for this, is it a case of waiting for delivery day and purchasing? My quote expires on delivery day as well fml

**Edit**
Ignore what I said, sorted now. I had multiple quotes, and I selected the one without the reg 🤦. So when I went to insurer site, it wasn't showing up.

Last edited:
Also received text with Reg, BUT...reg doesnt bring anything up when I enter it on the insurance website. Guessing has to do with the fact they don't register with DVLA until day on collection.

So what do? How do I get the insurance sorted for this, is it a case of waiting for delivery day and purchasing? My quote expires on delivery day as well fml
I've got a quote ready just by the specs of the car and VIN. Will fully insure it on the day

There is a huge amount of information on this topic - just use the search function as I do not want to hijack this thread. In short you can call the insurance people and lock down a deal and confirm this on the day of collection. Or you can speak to the agents and confidently give the reg number and get the insurance - but this is big BUT Tesla has changed the registration number on the day of delivery - so it is up to you how you want to do it.

There is a huge amount of information on this topic - just use the search function as I do not want to hijack this thread. In short you can call the insurance people and lock down a deal and confirm this on the day of collection. Or you can speak to the agents and confidently give the reg number and get the insurance - but this is big BUT Tesla has changed the registration number on the day of delivery - so it is up to you how you want to do it.
Cheers, but I've sorted it now. See edit on previous post👌

I have spoken with Michael in customer support, I wanted to find out information on the relationship between receiving a text and the car being delivered.

As I was previously told, my devliery is still on the 27th (vin 322xxx), and it cannot be moved forward as it will be one of the first collections for the vessel my car is delivered on. I really dont want to give people false hope here, but he said a text usually means that the vessel has docked and has begun the preparation process for collection. He went on to mention that because my vehicle is so close to the end of the quarter they try and get as much done as possible before it arrives.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is what I was told, there are people with VINs on ships that are still in the Mediterranean so this is not accurate, but may be what Tesla's initial plan is.

Furthering this he again confirmed that my M3 is indeed on the last vessel and Tesla will be working through the weekend (25th/26th), which is unsual, but because its the end of the quarter they will push (etc etc). He elarborated this by saying that usually a ship would dock on (...hypothetically) 1st then it would start arranging collections from the 8th, however the last vessel of the quarter is different. He couldnt define a date but its likely to be on a vessel that docks on 23rd/24th september, and collections start from 27th.

I've lost track of which vessels are supposedly docking at which dates, but I still assume this means TRITON ACE. Please correct me if you think otherwise...?

Last edited:
I have spoken with Michael in customer support, I wanted to find out information on the relationship between receiving a text and the car being delivered.

As I was previously told, my devliery is still on the 27th (vin 322xxx), and it cannot be moved forward as it will be one of the first collections for the vessel my car is delivered on. I really dont want to give people false hope here, but a text usually means that the vessel has docked and has begun the preparation process for collection. He went on to mention that because my vehicle is so close to the end of the quarter they try and get as much done as possible before it arrives.

Furthering this he again confirmed that my M3 is indeed on the last vessel and Tesla will be working through the weekend (25th/26th), which is unsual, but because its the end of the quarter they will push (etc etc). He elarborated this by saying that usually a ship would dock on (...hypothetically) 1st then it would start arranging collections from the 8th, however the last vessel of the quarter is different. He couldnt define a date but its likely to be on a vessel that docks on 23rd/24th september, and collections start from 27th.

I've lost track of which vessels are supposedly docking at which dates, but I still assume this means TRITON ACE. Please correct me if you think otherwise...?
Tesla more or less stick to their delivery dates, yes of course you can try your luck as it depends on the person you speak to and whether the car is in the port available for delivery!

Can anyone here confirm which batteries the SR+ now comes with? Is it the LFP? Apologies if this is now a well known thing
Yes, all UK deliveries are from China - so they come with LFPs. In fact I found them really good - as I did a trip from the lakes to Cambridge with one charge and had 13% battery at the end of trip. Did not even stop for a charge.

Yes, all UK deliveries are from China - so they come with LFPs. In fact I found them really good - as I did a trip from the lakes to Cambridge with one charge and had 13% battery at the end of trip. Did not even stop for a charge.
Great, thanks for the info….. just been doing some swatting up before i get my car and looks like Tesla advise is to charge these LFP Tesla’s to 100% now instead of the usual 80%

Reactions: markgyork