Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I'm pretty new on here and looking for some advice :) I've ordered a M3P FSD and have an RN number and i have found out its coming through VW Group (NHS Fleet Solution lease). The issue is that VW put a preferred delivery date of 15/10/21. I rang Tesla who said my order was paused and will be live again 16/10/21 due to the preferred delivery date entered. Anyhow they have now took the hold off and the order is live again so awaiting allocation to a vin. Bad news he said there is nothing in October and it will more than likely be November delivery now. I signed the lease with Fleet in May/June. So now i await a vehicle allocation and the process begins again - does anyone know how long i'm likely to wait for a allocation/vin? and what the timescales could be for each stage after that?

Hi - I'm pretty new on here and looking for some advice :) I've ordered a M3P FSD and have an RN number and i have found out its coming through VW Group (NHS Fleet Solution lease). The issue is that VW put a preferred delivery date of 15/10/21. I rang Tesla who said my order was paused and will be live again 16/10/21 due to the preferred delivery date entered. Anyhow they have now took the hold off and the order is live again so awaiting allocation to a vin. Bad news he said there is nothing in October and it will more than likely be November delivery now. I signed the lease with Fleet in May/June. So now i await a vehicle allocation and the process begins again - does anyone know how long i'm likely to wait for a allocation/vin? and what the timescales could be for each stage after that?
My vin was assigned when the boat left China so I would say it would be when they have set sail for England you can keep checking the source code to see when they have assigned it to your account I could see mine 4 days before I got my vin text

Reactions: DeanJohno
I called yesterday and had the same message. Excuse given was global chip shortage, coupled with something about the factory not supplying enough LR models in the September shipment compared to Tesla's expectations.

I'm calling BS as there are plenty of folk here with the same/similar spec who are collecting earlier and ordered later than I did.

2021 M3 LR: Blue, Black Interior, 18" Aero
Ordered: 21/06/21 | Allocated: - | VIN: - | Delivery Txt: - | DD: - | Collection: Leeds
I was told Leeds is no longer a delivery location. I have to go to Manchester on 27th

From personal experience and research (mainly on here) I suspect it is standard Tesla practice to hold any orders placed for delivery requested after a quarter end. I ordered my M3LR back in March for 11th July delivery (so just after quarter end) through a lease company but have only just received allocation confirmation and delivery on the 20th. Sorry to say but I think November is now most likely given other postings about Tesla's MO unless you're lucky and get a cancelled order

My vin was assigned when the boat left China so I would say it would be when they have set sail for England you can keep checking the source code to see when they have assigned it to your account I could see mine 4 days before I got my vin text
Ah great and thanks for replying. As its through a lease company i've seen very little but i do have a text with my RN from Tesla, so assume now the order is live again the updates will come. Just a case of mr impatient!! :) - where would the source cost be? my Tesla account is live but showing empty but i assume that's until allocated

I’ve just sold my M3 on Motorway with the aim of buying a Refresh model. Can I use another referral to gain free SUC or do I need to create a new email / account to benefit?

(I’m still trying to get over the man maths in my head - it’s costing me £3700 to upgrade from a 2 year old model with 10k miles to a brand new refresh model - that’s not bad value right? Another 2 years warranty and all the refresh upgrades?)

Thanks.

Ah great and thanks for replying. As its through a lease company i've seen very little but i do have a text with my RN from Tesla, so assume now the order is live again the updates will come. Just a case of mr impatient!! :) - where would the source cost be? my Tesla account is live but showing empty but i assume that's until allocated
I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong but I think the source code bit is only if you order direct yourself. If you order through a lease company then the order won't show up in your Tesla account until you've taken delivery (not even when allocated). Probably worth bugging your lease co when you see Q3 shipping movements from Mr Miserable

you will have to right click and inspect the page and then control and f and type Lrw feel free to inbox me and I will send you a like how to do it

Hi, I've had a nightmare with my order through NHS Fleet solutions - lease is with VW Group and they requested my delivery date for 15/10/21 which means Tesla put it on hold after issuing my RN back in June. They were going to make the order live on the 15/10/21 and start the process!! - I called Tesla on Monday and got to the bottom of it and the order is live now. Possible Nov delivery unless a cancelation comes up. How long did you have to wait following you RN to get an allocation/vin? - so glad i checked on Monday
I don't have an allocation yet. Just wondered how many orders are cancelled and how often people get their cars ahead of the estimated delivery date.

I’ve just sold my M3 on Motorway with the aim of buying a Refresh model. Can I use another referral to gain free SUC or do I need to create a new email / account to benefit?

(I’m still trying to get over the man maths in my head - it’s costing me £3700 to upgrade from a 2 year old model with 10k miles to a brand new refresh model - that’s not bad value right? Another 2 years warranty and all the refresh upgrades?)

Thanks.

If you were an existing Tesla owner, you can order your new car on your own referral code.

in 2018 I bought my Model X 100D then used my own referral when my buying my wife her M3SR+ in 2019. I happened to be on free supercharger miles because it was an X, but since we share my Tesla account, it was credited with the extra 1000miles. Then I replaced my model X with a 2020 M3P, again using my own referral code and got 1000 miles x 2 (one set for the existing car and one for the next). Happily a friend ordered an M3 - so that was another 1000.

Account is at 3383 right now. Unfortunately these will expire in Oct 2021.

edit : It may be that the double dip loophole referral might have been closed by Tesla though.

However, just there in August, I have again used my own referral code to replace the 2020 M3P with a 2021 M3P which arrives on the 30th of Sept and when the Model Y is UK avail for order, I’ll do the same when replacing my wife’s M3SR+. So that will again top up the miles nicely.

So it will be interesting to see if they credit 1000 or 2000 miles on the 30th… if 1000 only, it’s better to use someone else’s and spread the love.

Last edited:
Reactions: moodel_tree

Thanks.
Hi mate. If it’s SR+ to SR+ I’d say £3700 is pretty steep when you think you’re not getting much except a chrome delete and (IIRC) a battery you can charge to 100%. I don’t know if that’s worth almost £4K. We’re you maybe better waiting for Q4 or Q1 2022 when they are due to update the batteries to 85 kWh?

Reactions: moodel_tree
Hi mate. If it’s SR+ to SR+ I’d say £3700 is pretty steep when you think you’re not getting much except a chrome delete and (IIRC) a battery you can charge to 100%. I don’t know if that’s worth almost £4K. We’re you maybe better waiting for Q4 or Q1 2022 when they are due to update the batteries to 85 kWh?
If sr+ And…. A heat pump, ability to enable heated steering wheel (extra cost but at least an option), double glazed front windows, a battery that will have little to no appreciable losses after 10 years, better interior, better paint finish if compared with a 2019….

If sr+ And…. A heat pump, ability to enable heated steering wheel (extra cost but at least an option), double glazed front windows, a battery that will have little to no appreciable losses after 10 years, better interior, better paint finish if compared with a 2019….
I guess so. I think relative to the fact I’ll never use the heated steering wheel (it’s free to enable by the way) and the double glazed front windows have shown no decibel noise reduction (check RSEV on YouTube). I guess better build quality is something.. why not go for a LR?

I guess so. I think relative to the fact I’ll never use the heated steering wheel (it’s free to enable by the way) and the double glazed front windows have shown no decibel noise reduction (check RSEV on YouTube). I guess better build quality is something.. why not go for a LR?
No ones tested to see if double glazing is for efficiency rather than wind noise. Better heat rejection / insulation?