Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when comparing my 2020 M3P with my wifes 2019 M3SR+, her car is so efficient, that we always tend to stop at the same charging stops and her charging curve is better than mine most of the time. Basically on most longer journeys you would be surprised at the lack of difference. And this is on two Panasonic battery cars with element heaters. Iirc, the current LR gets an LGChem battery which has a fairly tame battery charging curve - and doesn’t charge very fast above 30%. These LFP SR+ cars are excellent and i personally think are the pick of the range from Tesla in price/performance.

Last edited:
85kwh? Do you mean on the LR? Well that will be another 7k on top of the 4k.
Charging the Sr+ to 100% will negate some of the extra range found on a LR. I’m hoping the Nov delivery will give some additional benefits that we are yet to hear. I think Bjorn Nyland said 53kwh useable battery packs on the SR+ are coming (or already available in Norway).
Hi mate. If it’s SR+ to SR+ I’d say £3700 is pretty steep when you think you’re not getting much except a chrome delete and (IIRC) a battery you can charge to 100%. I don’t know if that’s worth almost £4K. We’re you maybe better waiting for Q4 or Q1 2022 when they are due to update the batteries to 85 kWh?

is the heated steering wheel only on the LR? Or will they be on the SR+ with the £300 rear heated seats upgrade.

Last edited:
Charging the Sr+ to 100% will negate some of the extra range found on a LR. I’m hoping the Nov delivery will give some additional benefits that we are yet to hear. I think Bjorn Nyland said 53kwh useable battery packs on the SR+ are coming (or already available in Norway).

is the heated steering wheel only on the LR? Or will they be on the SR+ with the £300 rear heated seats upgrade.
That’s what I meant sorry just paying more for the bigger battery.
Tbh I only have 2 M3 SR+ for reference. Both owned by friends for 1.5 years now and they hate them. I was shocked when they told me!
We live in (sunny!!) Scotland so they do say the winter does affect the battery efficiency. One of my friends reckoned he got 160 miles on a full charge. I didn’t believe him and rightly enough you go in the car and the range available is 160 miles.

probably a defect with the battery rather than anything else.

Unknown about heated steering wheel being in SR+. I would assume so

That’s what I meant sorry just paying more for the bigger battery.
Tbh I only have 2 M3 SR+ for reference. Both owned by friends for 1.5 years now and they hate them. I was shocked when they told me!
We live in (sunny!!) Scotland so they do say the winter does affect the battery efficiency. One of my friends reckoned he got 160 miles on a full charge. I didn’t believe him and rightly enough you go in the car and the range available is 160 miles.

probably a defect with the battery rather than anything else.

Unknown about heated steering wheel being in SR+. I would assume so
I don’t believe the hardware is there for the heated steering wheel. The heated rear seats can be bought via the app as the hardware exists in the SR+ car.

Reactions: Magstauk
I’ve just sold my M3 on Motorway with the aim of buying a Refresh model. Can I use another referral to gain free SUC or do I need to create a new email / account to benefit?

(I’m still trying to get over the man maths in my head - it’s costing me £3700 to upgrade from a 2 year old model with 10k miles to a brand new refresh model - that’s not bad value right? Another 2 years warranty and all the refresh upgrades?)

Thanks.
You can use the same e-mail and another referral, that's what i've done and i had some miles left which are still in my account.

Reactions: SR-Plus
Hi - I'm pretty new on here and looking for some advice :) I've ordered a M3P FSD and have an RN number and i have found out its coming through VW Group (NHS Fleet Solution lease). The issue is that VW put a preferred delivery date of 15/10/21. I rang Tesla who said my order was paused and will be live again 16/10/21 due to the preferred delivery date entered. Anyhow they have now took the hold off and the order is live again so awaiting allocation to a vin. Bad news he said there is nothing in October and it will more than likely be November delivery now. I signed the lease with Fleet in May/June. So now i await a vehicle allocation and the process begins again - does anyone know how long i'm likely to wait for a allocation/vin? and what the timescales could be for each stage after that?
I'm also through NHS Fleet and Tesla said that my Lease company Kinto did something similar, I assume to secure a 71 plate. My timeline is in my signature to give you an idea of timings.

Reactions: DeanJohno
Ah great and thanks for replying. As its through a lease company i've seen very little but i do have a text with my RN from Tesla, so assume now the order is live again the updates will come. Just a case of mr impatient!! :) - where would the source cost be? my Tesla account is live but showing empty but i assume that's until allocated
Your VIN won't be in the source code given its a lease. You'll need to bug your lease provider for that.

Reactions: DeanJohno
Today the status of my order (placed 6/9) in the online account portal changed to on hold until 7/10, In the online account portal there was a button labelled "I'm Ready" which I've clicked which has now removed the on hold status.

I have a pending trade in valuation which I'm still awaiting the final offer on but what is the significance of the change in status to "on hold"? It wasn't something I requested. I'm under no illusion of delivery being any earlier than Nov/Dec but was just interested in what it actually meant?

Hi All,

I'm financing via a broker (Forza) which has secured financing from Santander (the rates were better than Tesla). I'm due to collect on the 29th and Santander have said they'll make the payment on the day of collection. Is this something anyone here has done (whether paying cash or financing via a 3rd party)? I know Tesla say they need full payment in advance, but surely my situation isn't unique and therefore full payment made on the day is to be expected?

Edit: I also need to prove I've settled finance on my current car before Santander will release funds which scuppers my plans for not having to hire a car! lol

I'll be bringing proof of payment with me on the day of collection (deposit and remainder from Santander) so in theory there shouldn't be any hiccups. I've admittedly gone with dealer finance in the past because I've always managed to negotiate good rates so my current situation isn't something I've had to think or worry about.

My concern is there is potential room for error on collection day if Santander don't send the funds over in time or whatever. I know I'll be sending my deposit amount well in advance.

Your thoughts/comments would be appreciated!