Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I’ve received my number plate text but it doesn’t show up on any insurance site. How did you sort out insurance if it isn’t registered with DVLA until day of delivery? Thanks
You can get quotes by manually setting the car, but you will need to ring insurers once you have the quote to then purchase it to provide them with your reg. It’s well worth shopping around.

There is an insurance thread:

There are lots of discussions on there around different providers and quotes, hope that helps 🙌

Reactions: milinseth
I've picked up my Model 3 Performance on Monday and was wondering if anyone has advice on 1) mud flaps and 2) door sill protection.

For mudflaps, I got the regular OEM ones and there are the extended ones in the boot (which I won't be fitting). For performance owners, is it worth getting the Tesla PPF as well? Want to avoid stone chips down the side. Or do I go aftermarket mudflaps?

For the door sill, what do people do to protect the kick plate and painted metal sections? Thinking of getting some clear tape and applying it in lines

I will be settling my PCP outstanding balance with BMW next week, either directly or via whichever car purchasing company buys it, so I hope it’s all sorted by then! Won’t affect me picking up the Tesla though fortunately.
On the phone to them now, some agents have working systems and some don't. If you do need a clearance letter you'll probably need to call up multiple times to speak to an agent with a working system. It's a bit of a lottery... much like Tesla allocations lol

Glad you won't be impacted though!

On the phone to them now, some agents have working systems and some don't. If you do need a clearance letter you'll probably need to call up multiple times to speak to an agent with a working system. It's a bit of a lottery... much like Tesla allocations lol

Glad you won't be impacted though!
I just paid of my PCP finance on BMW website, can’t believe how easy it was! But I guess Cazoo might want the settlement letter before they buy the car off me?

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

my car is in Glasgow and I can go pick it up from today!!!!!!!!!!
AHHHH!!!
I am panicking because I feel so unprepared and this is so random! 😂
Mine is coming from there tomorrow. Got the text this morning confirming home delivery tomorrow and that a tracking link and delivery estimate will be sent.

I got the VRN notification text last Friday.

Reactions: mosraza
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

my car is in Glasgow and I can go pick it up from today!!!!!!!!!!
AHHHH!!!
I am panicking because I feel so unprepared and this is so random! 😂

Congratulations mate - there's nothing better than that first drive in a Model 3 and realising it's the simplest driving experience you could possibly get in a car! (I imagine you've not driven one before except maybe as a test drive?).

Make sure you inspect the car inside and out throughly and have them record any issues, no matter how minor. I picked up my last car in 2019 when they were still made in the US, and the panel gaps etc were pretty appalling - I've heard the MIC cars don't have those problems but there may be some paint issues.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Just as a quick update to anyone following my situation, which is doubtfull in of itself 😂

I've managed to find a bespoke insurer who will cover storing the vehicle not at my address of residence, however they would like £3.6k for the privilage with £3k excess for the year. Stored in a locked, CCTV'd and underground garage around 5 mins away. Nutty. To top it all off, that space is then an additional £120/mo.
This is a long shot off the £2.5k insurance and £20/yr for the permit that the council refuse to issue.

I've contacted the local councillors, one of which was helpful to pass me onto someone who could look into it. Although I'm not hopeful on any sort of viable outcome.

I'm 100% torn between heart and head. Cars are my passion and my peace, honestly feel very empty without one and driving is one of my main passions and goals in life.

The worst part is I traded in a car that I loved to get the Tesla, so I'd walk away with nothing, which is beyond devastating.

I don't think I have any other option if I want the car other than to pay the insane premium and hope that the council see reason. Hah, like hell they will, but its worth a shot.

Its 'only' for a year and a half, so one set of premiums. Gah, trying to justify it. It really is down to what will win out, heart or head.

Just as a quick update to anyone following my situation, which is doubtfull in of itself 😂

I've managed to find a bespoke insurer who will cover storing the vehicle not at my address of residence, however they would like £3.6k for the privilage with £3k excess for the year. Stored in a locked, CCTV'd and underground garage around 5 mins away. Nutty. To top it all off, that space is then an additional £120/mo.
This is a long shot off the £2.5k insurance and £20/yr for the permit that the council refuse to issue.

I've contacted the local councillors, one of which was helpful to pass me onto someone who could look into it. Although I'm not hopeful on any sort of viable outcome.

I'm 100% torn between heart and head. Cars are my passion and my peace, honestly feel very empty without one and driving is one of my main passions and goals in life.

The worst part is I traded in a car that I loved to get the Tesla, so I'd walk away with nothing, which is beyond devastating.

I don't think I have any other option if I want the car other than to pay the insane premium and hope that the council see reason. Hah, like hell they will, but its worth a shot.

Its 'only' for a year and a half, so one set of premiums. Gah, trying to justify it. It really is down to what will win out, heart or head.
you'd be better off just renting a car from someone like ONTO for the moment.

Reactions: Beatjammer
All demo cars
I just had a look and a lot are but there's a handful with 25 miles which is usually the sign of new. Not sure if they have to mark those as demo to be able to put the price cut/discount or whether they are cars sat in showrooms. Still - if you wanted a car quickly and wanted EAP or FSD the 3-4k off is a nice bonus considering how hard they are to get hold of

I just had a look and a lot are but there's a handful with 25 miles which is usually the sign of new. Not sure if they have to mark those as demo to be able to put the price cut/discount or whether they are cars sat in showrooms. Still - if you wanted a car quickly and wanted EAP or FSD the 3-4k off is a nice bonus considering how hard they are to get hold of
Yeah that's true, my leasing company will only have one classed a new :-(

Did you ring them or did they contact you? I was under the impression that the deliveries were so tight this month the dates were unlikely to change…..
I phoned them mate! They offered me today, tomorrow or Saturday. The car is there so why not
Congratulations mate - there's nothing better than that first drive in a Model 3 and realising it's the simplest driving experience you could possibly get in a car! (I imagine you've not driven one before except maybe as a test drive?).

Make sure you inspect the car inside and out throughly and have them record any issues, no matter how minor. I picked up my last car in 2019 when they were still made in the US, and the panel gaps etc were pretty appalling - I've heard the MIC cars don't have those problems but there may be some paint issues.
Thank you I will! I plan to be there for as long as I need!

Wow time really does slow down when you order a Tesla. Placed my order on the 05/09/21 and was hoping I would of heard something from Tesla.

When I made my order the site said early Nov for delivery, is there a chance that I might get my Model 3 LR (no extras) early? What are the normal timescales (if anyone knows) how long from order does it take to get the next comms normally?