Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA just told me my car has 40% SoC but because of all the cars there for delivery it is unluckily it will receive more. I saw somewhere that someone charged locally at Manchester before heading home. I don’t want to be going in the wrong direction to the superchargers at Tesla SC so does anyone have a closer charge spot they can recommend. I will be stopping for lunch almost immediately after collecting my car on Monday
I think they said they charged using a 7V charger at Trafford center car park - not sure the Trafford supercharger has been set up - otherwise I think there is one in Manchester south as per Tesla maps. Better to use one of the 7v rather than going around with 15-20% looking for a SC.

Anyone collected from the NEC yet? I'm curious as to what level of charge you had when collecting. As long as it has 15% charge at a minimum I think that should be plenty to get me home. I'm guessing the "real world" range at 100% charge is around 300 miles for the LR variant so I've just worked backwards and left some wiggle room for silly driving along the way lol. Either way, with the sheer volume of cars they're delivering/collecting, I suspect charge levels will vary for most cars.

Reactions: milinseth
Evening all; just placed an order for a SR+ in Deep Blue, everything else is pretty much standard. I believe I am looking at a November delivery.
Current car is a 2021 BMW 5 Series Touring 2 litre petrol. Bought as we have an 11 month old, to cart all his paraphernalia.
Only had the BMW 6 months from new, but strong second hand values mean it's not costing me to change.
Hopefully it won't disappoint, the pram and car seat fit, so thats the main concern!

Just changed my order to a LR instead!

Anyone collected from the NEC yet? I'm curious as to what level of charge you had when collecting. As long as it has 15% charge at a minimum I think that should be plenty to get me home. I'm guessing the "real world" range at 100% charge is around 300 miles for the LR variant so I've just worked backwards and left some wiggle room for silly driving along the way lol. Either way, with the sheer volume of cars they're delivering/collecting, I suspect charge levels will vary for most cars.

I'm picking up from the NEC tomorrow. It will have more than 15% charge. It depends where you live but if you live in the Birmingham area you'll be fine. If you're going further afield, just put your home in the sat nav system and it'll tell you if you need to supercharge.

That would make me very glad I got one of the current ones!
Probably I am in the minority! Looking forward to drive a model 3 with yoke steering and no stalk gear lever :)

And I hate the R-N-P-D format gear lever while using a stalk and with no mechanical coupling gears in Tesla why can't Tesla change that. With the screen version of R-N-P-D in model S, atleast you don't change it with muscle memory. Elon and the team are you reading this? Either bring D-N-P-R format stalk lever or update model 3 to model S format!

Last edited: