Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick up from Manchester on Thursday too!! And I was thinking the same! I was told they don’t turn up till Wednesday too!
I’m collecting from Brent Cross London on Wednesday: they told me the same, “turns up day before.” I passed by on Saturday as I only live 10 minutes away and there where at least 300 cars there waiting for collection including mine. I doubt 300 people were collecting on Sunday, so there obviously employing this tactic to discourage people from either going early or trying to speed up collection dates

Just been onto live chat, and they’ve told me that there are definitely no more white SR+ cars until November. So it looks like I’ll have to wait.

However, I now have the idea of the white interior kicking around in my head. Is advisable for me to get it with a 7 year old in the back!! 😳
Got to have the white interior, I’ve got a 4 year old and a dog and I’ve ordered it! Apparently it’s easily cleaned and very resistant to staining. Stays a lot cooler in summer too.

Reactions: Abcmsaj and Alan C
I really fancy the white interior, it's the wife that isn't as keen.

Funnily enough it's the white on the dash and doors that is making me unsure. I don't know why, I suppose wood on a dash is more common whereas bright white is not.

I think I will have to visit the Tesla shop and see if the wife cam be persuaded, and see how much it adds to the lease price.

I really fancy the white interior, it's the wife that isn't as keen.

Funnily enough it's the white on the dash and doors that is making me unsure. I don't know why, I suppose wood on a dash is more common whereas bright white is not.

I think I will have to visit the Tesla shop and see if the wife cam be persuaded, and see how much it adds to the lease price.
The white on the dash looks good, it wouldn’t be my ideal choice, but the wood just looks totally odd, I don’t understand it at all!

Reactions: Abcmsaj
Does the white trim on the dash reflect into the eyes of the driver on sunny days?
IIRC, Porsche gave free sunglasses to Panamera owners to cure this problem for owners with light interiors/ dashboard.
Nope.

All my previous Teslas have had white interiors so far.. and even with three kids, no issues at all. Very easy to keep clean - unless you let them play with permanent markers… 😩

Pickup Wednesday from Bluewater, travelling from Midlands by public transport, never been to Bluewater. Any tips being on foot where I should enter…any particular shop brands near to Tesla collection area?
I'm sure people in this thread have collected. Tesla collections are usually very well sign-posted. Haven't got a clue about Bluewater location by foot to be honest. I know they have superchargers in the carpark near Primark... the collections could be there? There's also a Tesla store inside Bluewater so if you get really stuck it would be worth popping in store and the staff will be able to point you in the right direction.

Noob question but if there are no European deliveries in the first month of the quarter why to Tesla display it as “anticipated delivery date”? I just missed the September allocation but it said October on the day my order went in.
Ordering a Tesla is similar to purchasing a guaranteed win lottery ticket - with no specified drawing date. You know it will be great when your ticket is finally a winner. You simply cannot tell when that will happen. Meanwhile, you hear about others whose tickets paid off.

Experience teaches that Tesla has an extraordinarily optimistic view. It is unlikely a shipload of Tesla vehicles will depart for Europe in time for October delivery, or that Giga Berlin will be producing delivery-quality vehicles by mid- or late-October. However, it is not (yet) impossible.

Thus, October. If you order, the date will soon slide back and forth over the calendar, reflecting various supply opportunities appearing, becoming unlikely, then withering into impossibility.

You can be fairly certain your order will be fulfilled before the end of the quarter. Staking your hopes or plans on a date is futile until your VIN is assigned. At that point, a physical vehicle is in motion towards you.

There are still opportunities for disappointment. The vehicle may be damaged in transit. It may be reassigned to another order for unknown reasons. If you cannot accept delivery within a few days of Tesla’s proposed date, it will certainly become someone else’s.

Once you receive and drive your Tesla, the anxiety fades in the rear view mirror, washed away by the exhilaration of driving an outstanding electric vehicle.

Pickup Wednesday from Bluewater, travelling from Midlands by public transport, never been to Bluewater. Any tips being on foot where I should enter…any particular shop brands near to Tesla collection area?
It’s the Plaza car park here on the lower level:
13661C59-62DF-44DA-B85D-74435F1D4305.png