Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I'm reading it seems like you made an assumption about something without actually checking. Give this page a thorough read and it should answer your questions - Model 3 Key Fob
What do you think I’m making an assumption about? I thought I could pair it myself, and the information in your link confirms that.

The Tesla guy told me it needs to be done by a technician, so who is right?

What do you think I’m making an assumption about? I thought I could pair it myself, and the information in your link confirms that.

The Tesla guy told me it needs to be done by a technician, so who is right?
All I can say mate is my key fob is direct from tesla website as I presume yours is, and pairing it is exactly the same process as adding another key card, and mine works perfectly and all the buttons work (double press, single press on the boot for the charge port) and walk away lock works.

silly question time…. Regarding road tax. I know it is free but surely you have to register it still? At no point has tesla mentioned this? Just worried that I’m gonna get pulled over haha! But you can’t check cos the gov site doesn’t know my car reg yet and we don’t have the V5C
You will need to apply for zero road tax in a year. The initial registration will have included the first year.

Picked up car from Cribbs. 100% perfect except it is missing the granny charger storage bag! No spare bags as I was the last one to collect.
I tried to make a service request but I get connection error...
This car is soon much better than the MIU car I had before!
Had the same thing with service, just getting an error every time after I enter my address. Tried my old address just to see if was because my house is reasonably new and that worked fine and let me pick my "local" SC still.

Picked up my MIC SR+ from Manchester. I can find zero faults and the quality easily matches my previous BMW G31 5 Series touring. I’m smitten.

Attachments

• 5B78DAAF-6B1C-4BBE-B7EC-27D6F96BBD3B.jpeg
    5B78DAAF-6B1C-4BBE-B7EC-27D6F96BBD3B.jpeg
    638.3 KB · Views: 71
Even panel gaps, paint defects/scratches, interior damage, then check there’s 2 charging cables, first aid kit and a USB stick. Not much else to check really.
Agreed. I think Tesla has ironed out a lot of quality issues, especially with the MIC vehicles.

Is there a standard checklist on here people use or has everyone just made their own?
Just check the usual lark and ensure the accessories are present and accounted for. Speak to your SA and confirm what should come with the car for peace of mind.

I found a checklist via Google and never actually referred to it.

Reactions: JaseW and teaston
HOLD THE PRESS!!

So, I might have forgotten to put a battery in the key fob!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It’s working perfectly now, and I have cancelled the service appointment. God knows what the Tesla guy was talking about! I might have twigged about the battery if he hadn’t been so certain it needed a technician.

Without a battery the fob will act exactly like a keycard - just touch it's "bottom" on the driver's door pillar to lock and unlock and place behind the cup holder to start the car. Obviously, without power, the buttons won't work.

Reactions: teaston