Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked a similar question to Tesla CS this morning on the phone (I ordered the same day as you!).

He told me that looking at my RN number, that around the 3rd week of November looked to be the ETA. He didn't say that orders made this week would defer to December deliveries though. I imagine it depends on how may of the cars coming out the factory will be allocated and natch the configurations that people have ordered.
Thanks.

Yes, I was hoping mine would be around that sort of timescale… Mine is a lease through work so they will be delivering I presume. Not sure if that delays things or not 😕 Hopefully there won’t be any delays for us!

From what I am reading on here I take it we are probably looking at a later November to December delivery date. I ordered on the 5th Sept and it said early Nov.

Reading the shipping thread it seems that ships won't arrive in the UK until later November. By that time my trade in quote from Tesla will of expired. I was hoping to get my M3LR standard in early November.

From what I am reading on here I take it we are probably looking at a later November to December delivery date. I ordered on the 5th Sept and it said early Nov.

Reading the shipping thread it seems that ships won't arrive in the UK until later November. By that time my trade in quote from Tesla will of expired. I was hoping to get my M3LR standard in early November.

You're almost certainly better selling your car elsewhere. Tesla are notorious for lowballing trade ins.

You're almost certainly better selling your car elsewhere. Tesla are notorious for lowballing trade ins.
@Abernus you should definitely shop around. Check out Wizzle, motorway.com, Cazoo to name a few. People in this thread (including me) have been able to get a great deal by selling elsewhere. These sites are typically dealers so they'll purchase your car, settle finance, and if you're in positive equity you'll have it paid to you upon collection.

Start the process closer to your delivery date as dealers won't sit tight on collecting your car if it's still a few months away.

From the horses mouth...
chat.jpg

Reactions: BlueM3SR
I ordered on the 5th Sept and it said early Nov.

I see many posts like this and wonder where are you seeing this early Nov?

I ordered 3rd week in Aug, received my order confirmation and RN number but no where does it give any indication of delivery date, apart from the order page that stated an estimated delivery of Nov.

As it happens I'm in no great rush as I have a few things to sort out first anyway, but still...

@Abernus you should definitely shop around. Check out Wizzle, motorway.com, Cazoo to name a few. People in this thread (including me) have been able to get a great deal by selling elsewhere. These sites are typically dealers so they'll purchase your car, settle finance, and if you're in positive equity you'll have it paid to you upon collection.

Start the process closer to your delivery date as dealers won't sit tight on collecting your car if it's still a few months away.
I did shop around but was shocked when the Tesla trade in was much higher than all the rest. I have no finance on my current car so it's a straight forward trade in.

I ordered 3rd week in Aug, received my order confirmation and RN number but no where does it give any indication of delivery date, apart from the order page that stated an estimated delivery of Nov.

As it happens I'm in no great rush as I have a few things to sort out first anyway, but still...
Before I put my order in I called Tesla first to get timescales, it was during this call I was told early Nov and that I had just missed out on Q3 delivery.

Same for me I ordered my long range model 3 on the 25th August and the only delivery date mentioned was November on the order page.

I did shop around but was shocked when the Tesla trade in was much higher than all the rest. I have no finance on my current car so it's a straight forward trade in.
Ah, i think we assumed they had given you a crap offer. My suggestion would be to speak to Tesla and find out what happens if your offer expires given you're estimated delivery is Nov. I suspect they'll say "reapply closer to the time and we'll give you a new trade-in estimate".

Ah, i think we assumed they had given you a crap offer. My suggestion would be to speak to Tesla and find out what happens if your offer expires given you're estimated delivery is Nov. I suspect they'll say "reapply closer to the time and we'll give you a new trade-in estimate".
I bet the new trade in offer well be a lot lower as well. My current offer expires 2nd week of Nov. So I will give them until later this month to get my VIN out to me and a better delivery date estimate before I go down the current trade in conversation.

The order experience is massively frustrating. “We are drafting your contract….” for weeks makes someone question whether something is wrong with the order. Very low tech for a tech company.
The only “mid” November I got was from the SA at MK store. At time of order online it was just “est. November“. Ordered 10th September white LR. Waiting impatiently.

Does anyone know if Tesla prioritize allocations in order depending on when the order was placed? I got my RN on 14th Sept and was told Nov. However, people on here recently are now saying nov/dec.
As others have said it's a bit of a lottery , mine was ordered mid August, maybe my choice of colour and spec along with collection location of Newcastle worked against me for a end of quarter delivery

Already have my home charger fitted and the Audi goes back at the end of the month so early November would be nice

Does anyone know if Tesla prioritize allocations in order depending on when the order was placed? I got my RN on 14th Sept and was told Nov. However, people on here recently are now saying nov/dec.
Tesla will always be optimistic with the estimated date to avoid losing a sale.

They prioritise allocations in the order received but they don't build vehicles to order - so for your specific model/colour/interior/wheels/Auto Pilot specifications you will be queue with everyone else ordering that specific combination. But if Tesla only plan on building 100 of that specific in the quarter and you are 101 in the queue then you won't get one until Feb 2022.

Given when you ordered, you should expect a late Nov or Dec delivery date but until you are matched against a vehicle once it is put on a ship you won't hear anything further.