Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to an agent. They said to not pay yet, and just wait for a delivery date. Weird 😁
Dont rush to pay, you will have plenty of time to make the payment. When you do the transfer(s) and quote the required references from your invoice you can see the payment(s) hit your Tesla account source code within hours. I put the plural in brackets because of the limits banks put on free transfers. Making 3 payments over 3 days worked for me.

Sold my "NISSAN LEAF HATCHBACK SPECIAL EDITION 160kW e+ 3.Zero 62kWh" on Monday (18/10/2021) as ordered the Tesla directly after test drive on 09/10/2021.

Tesla quoted delivery by November 2021.

Gave the order number to the leasing company as everything has been sorted. Currently driving a Kia Picanto in the mean time until my new Tesla arrives which I am hoping will be soon.

Has anyone paid +£6K for the full autonomous driving ?

Reactions: tmleafs17
Sold my "NISSAN LEAF HATCHBACK SPECIAL EDITION 160kW e+ 3.Zero 62kWh" on Monday (18/10/2021) as ordered the Tesla directly after test drive on 09/10/2021.

Gave the order number to the leasing company as everything has been sorted. Currently driving a Kia Picanto in the mean time until my new Tesla arrives which I am hoping will be soon.

Personally I didn't, mainly because the money for it didn't justify the usage for me. I also think the rules in the UK are much more stringent than in the US and therefore the functionality has been limited in the UK but since I don't have it don't take my word on that.

I bought FSD but on a lease car I imagine you are better off subscribing

quick google search would do it: USB Drive - 128 GB

Also states: "Note: USB - 128 GB is included with all new vehicle deliveries."
Not for UK I think ?

Hi, others will differ, but why pay extra for something you can't use half of atm, better to save your cash and wait until its fully allowed in the uk and then buy it . just my 2 pence worth

Reactions: rds1
Yeah I didn't realise until the other day that FSD isn't linked to your Tesla account and can be transferred between cars... Unless I've misread, when you give the car back, you lose FSD and cant transfer it to a new Tesla.
You are right, the FSD is linked to the car and not the account. It's something I think Tesla need to correct, but with this model of operation is more money for them.

So if you sell a car you bought FSD on you have lost it.

Not for UK I think ?

Exact same one just in £ USB Drive - 128 GB

You are right, the FSD is linked to the car and not the account. It's something I think Tesla need to correct, but with this model of operation is more money for them.

So if you sell a car you bought FSD on you have lost it.
It's changing to a subscription model, or at least thats what they're also offering in the US.

I can't see it ever being transferable to your new car, just like optioning a sunroof isn't, and thats how Tesla see it, part of the car. The irony is we wouldn't have the complaints if it actually delivered real value as we'd get it back on the resale value. When aircon or automatic gearboxes were extras you either got more at sale time or the lease prices made an allowance for the retained value and you don't pay for the whole lot over the term, that doesn't seem to be the case anywhere really at the moment.

I've had a long old wait since May time but I may be getting somewhere........ I have a M3P (FSD) black with white interior on order and i have been pestering Tesla SA's each week.

Last week there was no update and to just wait for them to contact me...... but today they have confirmed that it is now at sea on its way. I asked the key questions but they refused to answer saying they will be in touch in the next few weeks.

My order is through a lease so I won't get the VIN text but I will get the delivery/collection text in the coming weeks.

Good news is the car is coming and was shipped within the last 7 days since my last request for info. Good news :)

Reactions: OddityError
It's changing to a subscription model, or at least thats what they're also offering in the US.

I can't see it ever being transferable to your new car, just like optioning a sunroof isn't, and thats how Tesla see it, part of the car. The irony is we wouldn't have the complaints if it actually delivered real value as we'd get it back on the resale value. When aircon or automatic gearboxes were extras you either got more at sale time or the lease prices made an allowance for the retained value and you don't pay for the whole lot over the term, that doesn't seem to be the case anywhere really at the moment.
Will you still be able to buy or subscribe? Or will it just subscribe? I was going to wait till I get my M3LR add the acceleration boost and the £3400 option. Not really wanting to subscribe unless it’s month to month with no minimum duration.

Q3 was July/Aug/Sept. Q4 Oct/Nov/Dec. Depending on when and what spec you ordered in that quarter you may not get the car until the next quarter. For example I ordered on 14/08 and was originally scheduled for Sept delivery but only got allocation in October for Nov delivery. Some people ordered the same time as me but got their cars in Q3. From my understanding Tesla dont build to order but more in batches so you may be lucky if they have built enough of your spec you'll receive in the same quarter if not you'll be bumped to the next quarter. Hope that makes sense 🥴
Thank you, that's really helpful, much appreciated. :)

Reactions: TheWelsh007